Looking for wireless headset

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    I like turtles Schematic is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    705Posts

    Looking for wireless headset


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    I've had Steelseries Siberia 800 headset for almost 2 years now. It has broken twice, but luckily I've gotten a new one from warranty. Now I've decided that it's time to get a new one, since these are just cheaply made as they wont last full year without breaking.

    I plan to use them mainly for gaming, like Overwatch and CS:GO. My budget is around ~200€. The headsets frame should preferably be something durable, i.e. not plastic.

    Any suggestions?


  2. #2
    C# - Java - Notepad Ben is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    BelguimLocation
    1,200Posts

    Re: Looking for wireless headset

    Quote Originally Posted by Schematic View Post
    I've had Steelseries Siberia 800 headset for almost 2 years now. It has broken twice, but luckily I've gotten a new one from warranty. Now I've decided that it's time to get a new one, since these are just cheaply made as they wont last full year without breaking.

    I plan to use them mainly for gaming, like Overwatch and CS:GO. My budget is around ~200€. The headsets frame should preferably be something durable, i.e. not plastic.

    Any suggestions?
    Why would you wanna go wireless when you'll use it for gaming though, I'dd say go to wired then.

  3. #3
    I like turtles Schematic is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    705Posts

    Re: Looking for wireless headset

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Why would you wanna go wireless when you'll use it for gaming though, I'dd say go to wired then.
    I like being able to talk with friends in VOIP even if I walk away from the computer. Obviously I'll listen to music and etc with them too, so that's why I'd like them to be wireless. I'm not completely taking wired headset out of question here. Feel free to recommend if you've got anything in mind.

  4. #4
    C# - Java - Notepad Ben is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    BelguimLocation
    1,200Posts

    Re: Looking for wireless headset

    Quote Originally Posted by Schematic View Post
    I like being able to talk with friends in VOIP even if I walk away from the computer. Obviously I'll listen to music and etc with them too, so that's why I'd like them to be wireless. I'm not completely taking wired headset out of question here. Feel free to recommend if you've got anything in mind.
    Well I got 2 headsets, one for pure gaming cs:go and stuff so mainly desktop wise and one wireless for listening to music and coding (its a light one so it doesn't hurt my ears)

    I think both of them are around the 80-100$ price range so for your budget you most likely would take the version above it :-)

    Wired: Razer Kraken USB
    Really nice sound and microphone quality as far I know, I like it when i play cs:go and functions fine for the needs that I have.

    However, compared to the wireless one I have, this really sits tight but I assume for a gaming headset it has to be that way.

    Wireless: I'm not completely sure if its this one that i have but it looks the same - Philips SHB7150

    wireless by bluetooth, a pleasure to wear during the day, not heavy at all.
    This is my daily driver when i'm at home.

  5. #5

    Re: Looking for wireless headset

    Bluetooth headsets have a latency, a pretty big one too, around 300-400 miliseconds, so they are really not ideal for anything else but music listening on your phone. But that also depends on the brand, both of your phone and headset.
    Forum Rules / Donate If You Can / Contact Me
    "For if I am not their Sheppard, I must be their Wolf"




  6. #6
    I like turtles Schematic is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    705Posts

    Re: Looking for wireless headset

    Quote Originally Posted by Mucski View Post
    Bluetooth headsets have a latency, a pretty big one too, around 300-400 miliseconds, so they are really not ideal for anything else but music listening on your phone. But that also depends on the brand, both of your phone and headset.
    The Steelseries Siberia 800 I was using before worked just fine audio wise. They just break easily and that's the problem. Never had any latency issues with them. Though, I think I've made the decision to go with wired this time. Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro and Blue Microphones Snowball iCE microphone.

  7. #7
    "(still lacks brains)" NoBrain is online now
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,610Posts

    Re: Looking for wireless headset

    Quote Originally Posted by Schematic View Post
    The Steelseries Siberia 800 I was using before worked just fine audio wise. They just break easily and that's the problem. Never had any latency issues with them. Though, I think I've made the decision to go with wired this time. Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro and Blue Microphones Snowball iCE microphone.
    I own a Snowball, excellent mic for the price.

  8. #8
    I like turtles Schematic is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    705Posts

    Re: Looking for wireless headset

    Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain View Post
    I own a Snowball, excellent mic for the price.
    Glad to hear you think so. My brother suggested it to me, as he has 2 friends who also have the Snowball iCE. So far only heard good things about it.




Advertisement