Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Low quality with 1366x768 29 inch TV and 1050TI

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello friends! I've bought a 1050ti some days ago, and I'm using it with a 29 inch TV (with resolution 1366x768), but the quality is fuckin bad, the round borders are fucked up and others things. Help me

Reaction score
The reason for the poor quality is that you're using a TV, which is 29 inches, at 1366x768. That is an incredibly low resolution for the size of the screen. Get a 24" monitor or something along those lines which is at 1080p and you will have a better experience. If you're still adamant about the TV then get a better once that supports higher resolutions, if the current one does then my main question is; Why are you using it an incredibly low resolution?

A hard working geek :-)
Reaction score
Are you using a VGA cable for the connection? As well as you will need to check your DPI settings in Windows, perhaps adjust them to get a finer quality settings on text/images.

That is definitely a very low resolution, if it is an older TV there really will not be a better way to get higher quality out of it without purchasing a new monitor.

Reaction score
Are you using a VGA cable for the connection? As well as you will need to check your DPI settings in Windows, perhaps adjust them to get a finer quality settings on text/images.

That is definitely a very low resolution, if it is an older TV there really will not be a better way to get higher quality out of it without purchasing a new monitor.
The difference between VGA, HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort and a range of other types of connectors in terms of visual quality are negligible and are highly dependant on the panel itself so the form of connection doesn't matter.

A hard working geek :-)
Reaction score
Per the OP's information, if it is a 29 inch monitor running only 1366 resolution, that would implement that the connection itself is fully analog VGA.. which will require him to manually adjust his settings via Windows. Older monitor's can be a pain to work with using modern technology.. even running a KVM for vga to HDMI (digital) can only compound the issues.. which again require manual adjusting through Windows. This only happens with incredibly old monitors, as most modern ones will automatically correct. I have dealt with this issue many times working as an audio visual technician.. sometimes the monitor itself is the cause for the issue and adjusting settings don't help.

For instance, I have an old plasma rear projection that runs 576i as a standard resolution and Windows refuses to allow proper setup/resolution scaling regardless of the software behind it.

In the OP's instance, I generally would recommend checking the quality of the cable in use to make sure no pins are damaged.. if that isn't the case, getting into Windows visual settings and adjusting DPI and trying to upscale/downscale the resolution to see if it solves the issue.

Reaction score
Per the OP's information, if it is a 29 inch monitor running only 1366 resolution, that would implement that the connection itself is fully analog VGA.. which will require him to manually adjust his settings via Windows. Older monitor's can be a pain to work with using modern technology.. even running a KVM for vga to HDMI (digital) can only compound the issues.. which again require manual adjusting through Windows. This only happens with incredibly old monitors, as most modern ones will automatically correct. I have dealt with this issue many times working as an audio visual technician.. sometimes the monitor itself is the cause for the issue and adjusting settings don't help.

For instance, I have an old plasma rear projection that runs 576i as a standard resolution and Windows refuses to allow proper setup/resolution scaling regardless of the software behind it.

In the OP's instance, I generally would recommend checking the quality of the cable in use to make sure no pins are damaged.. if that isn't the case, getting into Windows visual settings and adjusting DPI and trying to upscale/downscale the resolution to see if it solves the issue.

From my personal experience, I have plugged new computers into very old monitors along with old computers into new monitors and it has always automatically corrected itself. It is entirely possible that it hasn't automatically adjusted itself but considering it is a 29 inch monitor I'd assume it is modern enough to automatically adjust itself. The other issue is that it could just be because he is using a TV rather than a monitor, unless he actually meant a monitor but instead said TV. :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I fixed the issue. I was with other's TV handbook, so the resolution was incorrect. Anyway, thanks guys for helping me.

Back