Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Monitor flickering

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Alright so my 2/3 month old LG 22EA63V monitor is flickering, and it's giving me a headache. I've toyed about with resolutions, refresh rates, tried a different HDMI cable but alas the monitor still flickers. It has stopped at one point for a period of time, but then it returned. Oh, I did also try using a VGA cable and it was flickering. Both the HDMI and VGA were running off the graphics card, couldn't get an HDMI signal with the on-board HDMI port. or VGA. Also started to notice discolouration when my window on Facebook dims to play videos. Instead of dimming black, it dims cyan.

Is my graphics card on the way out?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hrmmmmmmmmmmm...

You've pretty much tried/tested everything, my final test before RMA'ing the monitor would be to disconnect GPU & enable onboard graphics in BIOS, see if it's still happening running off your mobo/CPU for graphics.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Any way I can use my UEFI to switch to on board graphics without removing the GPU? Would save the hassle :p: mobs is an Asus P7-65V or some model number like that.

Reaction score
Eh probably, but i like isolating hardware it helps me to find issues faster. Even then some hardware can still cause problems being plugged in even if they aren't in use, the hardware checks your system runs can be enough to trigger anomalies.

I once had a reboot cycle issue for over 3 months which was purely caused by having the aux cable from speakers plugged in during boot. The cable had a short which was causing the reboot cycle. If i had properly isolated the hardware & removed all peripherals while i was testing, would have saved me months. I like to strip all my systems down now to bare necessities when testing.

Back