Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Motherboard fried?

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Any POST beeps at the start?

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Have you tried installing Windows on another (external/ internal) drive? Just to be sure...

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes @Monolith

So after a little bit of trouble resetting the BIOS I come to the conclusion:

Windows CD Works -> Installation -> No
Resetting before Windows Update shows also an error..

So the CD is working? But you cannot get it to pull up the Windows installation screen? Did you set the BIOS to boot from CD first? (Just making sure :)) If you can get to the screen where you choose safe mode ect ect...can you get it to do a system restore from CD? Or a repair?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have found sometimes a system restore will take forever....and it will even sometimes hang and you don't know.

I'm thinking your Mobo is fine because you get no error posts beeps....a single beep is everythings A-OK...

I'm thinking it's that update that did something wrong...I think its a software issues....can you boot windows under safe mode and watch which driver it gets stuck on.....if it's a system file like nvlddmkm.sys or something Nvidia based then its a driver issue....I have had this problem with Nvidia drivers before...I never use the newest driver till it's been out a while.

If you can do a clean install...that would be easiest...restoring it through command prompt is a witch.....I would do a new install through a USB stick myself since your CD ROM is acting up.

Reaction score
It's not hanging at the secure boot. It goes to the logon screen then it's loading after that the PC is like I pressed the reset button..

I would do a clean install trough a USB Stick but It doesn't work. After ~40-50% it just says:
GigaToni - Motherboard fried? - RaGEZONE Forums

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You haven't recently changed RAM with that GPU have you?

How many sticks of RAM do you have? If more than 1 do the remove one and boot...still issues switch it with the other and boot. Run a Memtest to verify possibly bad RAM.

Other idea is : Retail DVD? If not redownload and reburn at a VERY slow speed...4x even.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is your motherboard bios set to UEFI or Legacy mode? Sometimes windows won't install if it's set to UEFI.

Also did you wipe your hdd before trying to reinstall windows? Some files get left sometimes and can cause problems.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the RAM swapping went well?

Glad it wasn't that..I've had that error come up before during a Windows install and it means the installation could not write some important files.....wondering if it's just the DVD...do you have another computer you can TPB a new one?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No, put one in and if it doesnt boot, remove it and put another in....if it never boots with all of them tried one at a time then it's not the RAM...

Lets not spend money yet until we decide if it's a software issue yet....can you get another Windows disc? Or download an ISO? Even if it's just the 30 day trial from Microsoft...Download the ISO's from a respectable location like this:

Since you have a retail version of Windows 7 you can use your key to activate this one...it will work the same.

Reaction score
I tried it like one at a time. And one of them didn't worked / didn't booted so I now trying to use it on my main PC to test If it's the RAM Stick or something else^^.

Ye sure. I can try putting a new Win Disc in there^^.

Reaction score
Sorry that I didn't wrote until now. Saturday evening my other computer made problems in regards of imploded PSU.. (Whole Power in my house went out) so I need to first fix him up before I can look over the other. I thought that would happen because the PSU only costs 20$ xD. Now I bought a proper one.. (Its the third one that imploded.)

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry that I didn't wrote until now. Saturday evening my other computer made problems in regards of imploded PSU.. (Whole Power in my house went out) so I need to first fix him up before I can look over the other. I thought that would happen because the PSU only costs 20$ xD. Now I bought a proper one.. (Its the third one that imploded.)
Your houses PSU or your computer's 1500W PSU?

W - what the..

Reaction score
Ok apparently it was my power socket in the wall '-.-. So I'm online with my "new" PSU and on another power socket. So I burned the CD like monolith said. Apparently the install was fine? But again Stuck @ "Windows is preparing the first start"

Back