Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Motherboard fried?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Shot in the dark here...

This doesn't happen to have a Realtek card reader installed does it? If it does...uninstall the driver for it (not the component) and reboot...I've read of issues installing Windows with this driver already present.

If that isn't the case...try installing it with just one stick of RAM.....sounds weird but this has solved some issues I've had in the past with Windows installations. After the Windows installation is done and your up and running...you can put the other stick(s) back in.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After the installation and it's up and running....will it not work with 2 sticks?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Try running a memtest.
If windows is reaching a bad memory block, it may cause it to hang. Just because the bios can post and reach windows with one, doesn't mean the stick is not bad. when you run more than one stick, they run in tandem back and forth, which allows more room for error.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The only possibilities I can think of.
Low voltage to ram, chipset error, or driver issue.

Check to make sure nothing is conflicting with the driver, and check to make sure all drivers are installed in your device manager.

Edit2: Try this, see if you can boot from a linux live cd. If you can boot and verify that your ram is present in a terminal, free -m. If it works, that would rule it as a software error.

You could try increasing the voltage slightly to your ram, be careful or you will fry it, say if its 1.5 up it to 1.55.
edit: Low voltage may not be a psu problem, it may be a fault within the board. In that case increasing the voltage may make no difference.

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Another thing you can do that has fixed this exact situation for me before...set your own timings on your RAM and voltage in your BIOS (as Halloween stated). Do some research first and understand what your doing...there are a lot of write up's out there for RAM timings and voltage. I'm thinking the increase in voltage of the Titan might have pulled voltage elsewhere and the default bios settings (which do not take that power hog into account) do not cover that...setting your own could fix it. Just do not haplessly play about though....as Halloween stated...do something wrong and you fry it.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Seems like the Titan isn't compatible with just everything.

Reaction score
So about all these compatibility things: I already (before buying all the parts) was looking up if the pins can connect if the CPU fit in the Motherboard, etc.

Another thing you can do that has fixed this exact situation for me before...set your own timings on your RAM and voltage in your BIOS (as Halloween stated).
But shouldn't be that fixed with resetting the bios? Or do you mean on a non-default value?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Another thing you can do that has fixed this exact situation for me before...set your own timings on your RAM and voltage in your BIOS (as Halloween stated). Do some research first and understand what your doing...there are a lot of write up's out there for RAM timings and voltage. I'm thinking the increase in voltage of the Titan might have pulled voltage elsewhere and the default bios settings (which do not take that power hog into account) do not cover that...setting your own could fix it. Just do not haplessly play about though....as Halloween stated...do something wrong and you fry it.
The only thing about overclocking and power consumption is, he has 4 ram sticks and can only use 1 atm. If it is a power issue, he may end up causing damage to the board itself.

I would check, free -m, with a linux live cd first. This would just list how much ram linux has available.

Also try swapping graphics cards back to see if the issue remains, I see you did it before your wipe, but not after. If this fails, try listing your setup so we can get a understanding of how much power you are pulling off your psu and what kind of psu you have.

Diagnosing anything over the internet is hectic unfortunately.

Reaction score
@GigaToni

The User Manual can be grabbed from the link above.

Attached you will find the image for on-board Memory testing.
What are your results?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back