Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

nvidia windows kernel mode driver stopped responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to assemble a new computer using following parts:
• MSI GTX650 2GB/OC Edition
• Asrock z77 extreme4 mobo
• Corsair hx1000w PSU
• i3-3220 @ stock
• 8GB RAM = 4x 2GB XMS3 Corsair RAM (1600; 9-9-9-24; 1.65v)
• Crucial m4 128GB

I realize above are not optimum components but that's what I had available and wanted to utilize.

Problem I'm facing is that nvidia drivers stop responding for no apparent reason right after I activate them. It doesn't BSOD but instead crashes every few seconds; rendering PC completely unusable until I disable the drivers. I tried different drivers ranging from old 2xx to newest 310.70 drivers and its all the same. Problem persists on both windows 7 and windows 8 - no difference.

I tried the GTX650 in a different system and it worked perfectly and was stable.
Similarly, I tried another graphic card (GT210, GT430) in above system and, again, it was perfectly stable.
I tried running graphic card from 8x slot and it didn't help either.
I tried different PSU (akasa venom 750w) and that also did not help.

I'm as clueless as it gets... halp please :<

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorted, problem was caused by unstable factory OC (shame on you MSi!).
Underclocking to reference solved the issue and the card now runs fine with latest drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back