Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Partitioning Your HDD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have looked up the answer on google and have been getting a mixed response...

I was wondering what is the Pro's and Con's of doing this? I am reformatting my new laptop and would like to know for speed wise.
Thanks,
Kuga​

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have looked up the answer on google and have been getting a mixed response...

I was wondering what is the Pro's and Con's of doing this? I am reformatting my new laptop and would like to know for speed wise.
Thanks,
Kuga​

Speed doesn't change however keep in mind that whatever you do on 1 partition will also naturally affect the 2nd partitions performance. That's why it's better to get 2 hard drives or ssd's or whatever.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's an MSI laptop that they put 2 partitions in. I reformatted it and just kept the one.
Just asking for future references. Thanks!

Reaction score
This is more of a help thread so I moved it to the Repair Bay for you.

Partitioning has no cons apart from you lose out of select amount of Disk Space for one OS. This is configurable though. As for performance, there is no change.

E.g.
You have a 1TB HDD. You allocate Windows 50% (500GB) and Linux the other 50% (500GB). If you access your Linux partition you will only be able to use 500GB, same goes for Windows.

It's an MSI laptop that they put 2 partitions in. I reformatted it and just kept the one.
Just asking for future references. Thanks!
That partition was more than likely their built-in support software and repair functionality. It's basically useless if you know what you're doing with computers. HP do the same, except they try really hard to prevent you from removing it.

Back