Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PC Display Turns Off

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello, I know this sounds crazy but i'm rather having a annoying issue with my pc.

This issue includes my pc display shutting down and me having to reboot my pc in order
to get a video signal again.

Back Story Time: (Always The Best) But anyways i had to send MSI there 970 Gaming MB back for repair
which they gave me a Certified one back in return suppose to work so i hook up everything perfect.

And everything boots up i get the windows log in screen and i can log in but after a few moments
my pc display shuts off and i haft to reboot the pc in order to get video signal again. I feel like
its just the motherboard but i could be definitly wrong. I'm hoping its not cause this is the third
motherboard i had to send out.

Okay Here Is My PC specs before you say i don't have enough power.

• PSU: Evga 1000W Gold Certified
  • CPU: AMD FX 8350 With AMD Wraith Cooler
  • GPU: R9 280 XFX
  • MB: MSI 970 Gaming- Currently The Problem
  • RAM: 32 GB G Skill 1600 MHZ

What Have I Done To Try And Fix This Issue You May Ask?

• Take Out The Battery for about 30 mins to hour to let the bio reset.
  • Resetted The Memory
  • Took Out The CPU put back in.
  • Unhook 24 Pin/Cpu Power Hook Back Up
  • Unhook The GPU Power Cables Hook Back Up
  • Reinstalled The GPU
  • Tried Different HDD
  • Tried Turning Hibernation Off Through CMD

Only Thing I Haven't Done Since I switched my MB Was.
  • Reinstalled Windows Which I Don't See This Playing A Part In This.

And i know its not my PSU because when i was using my asus m58al MB or w/e it is. It work perfect.
Ram/Cpu/Psu/Gpu all work perfect come over to this MB and this is my problem.

Hopefully someone can help.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try these:

• Boot up into your BIOS and wait until your issue occurs, if it doesn't occur it's OS related.
  • Replace cable connected to GPU and Monitor(s).
  • Be sure to test HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI and VGA ports (if you have the cables).
  • Re-install your drivers using DDU (do not just uninstall and re-install), use DDU. ( )
  • Remove the GPU and use the integrated GPU in your CPU, if it has one, by plugging the cable into your motherboard.
  • Test another GPU, if you have one around.

I highly recommend you use either DisplayPort or HDMI.

Use the correct section next time as well! ;)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the reply but the issue occurs as well in the BIOS and im using HDMI I also use DVi and mini display port still same occurs I can't uninstall the drivers due to the fact when I'm doing something my display goes off I check all cables there fine. And I don't have another GPU and fx series is not Apu.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Contact MSI and get a 2nd RMA on that GTX 970. Considering it's JUST the display that turns off I suspect the GPU is still faulty. I doubt it's the motherboard.

Incorrect is was the motherboard as i said. I re installed my asus MB and everything works just fine as i suspect. No display shut off nothing. So for the 4th RMA here it comes. I'm gonna get a free shipping label this time.....

Back