Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

pc ramdom crashs all the time

Reaction score
hello i build this pc up last night due to selling my main pc
the spec is
GIGABYTE 970a-ds3p
h50 cooler
amd am3+ fx 4130 3.8ghz quad core
8gb ddr 3 1600mhz kingston hyperx
seagate 750gb sata 2 hard drive
asus gtx 780 3gb video card
powercool 650w 80plus psu

well after building it up last night i installed windows 7 64bit what it crash on the windows loading screen i didnt think to much of it and just restarted the pc where it loaded windows all up and i started installing the drivers after 10 - 15mins i had cs go installed and booted the game up after one round in game so about 2mins the pc locked up and there was not any sound or ctrl alt and del didnt work so i had to restart the pc by the button
i have tryed with a asus gtx 550 ti video card and a old ati x300 and it seems to run better on the old x300 not having all the crashs all the time and sometimes have gone 2hrs with out crashing
but with the gtx 550 ti it crashs out every 5 - 20mins

so in my eyes i beleave it maybe the psu as it seems to be loseing power over the rails and voltage's are not right on them

temps - pc ramdom crashs all the time - RaGEZONE Forums

whats your input ?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reactions: Jae
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Could be a couple of things...

First thing I would try is running it with only one stick of RAM and then if it runs smooth for a long long time swapping it for the other and see if the crashes come back.

Those temp readings..is that right after a boot up and sitting idle or during a gaming session? Sounds like it could be an over heating issue...so need temp readings during stress...not idle...make sure you have the fans pointing the right direction on the cooler....

Can you pull GPU temps? Card could be over heating but that usually shows graphic anomaly's prior to shut down or freeze up....screen tears ect ect...

Is the fan on the cooler the only fan you have installed? If so install a front puller fan to increase airflow across the GPU.

Reaction score
Could be a couple of things...

First thing I would try is running it with only one stick of RAM and then if it runs smooth for a long long time swapping it for the other and see if the crashes come back.

Those temp readings..is that right after a boot up and sitting idle or during a gaming session? Sounds like it could be an over heating issue...so need temp readings during stress...not idle...make sure you have the fans pointing the right direction on the cooler....

Can you pull GPU temps? Card could be over heating but that usually shows graphic anomaly's prior to shut down or freeze up....screen tears ect ect...

Is the fan on the cooler the only fan you have installed? If so install a front puller fan to increase airflow across the GPU.
i have tryed only with one stick of ram and tryed it in every slot and i dont think its the gpu as i have tryed 2 more cards and still getting the same thing

them temps was around 3mins after startup then just sitting idle

im about to do a
stress test with prime95 and i have got a 120mm exhaust fan and 120mm side case fan to and they are setup to suck in air from the side and blow hot air out the back

been running a test with the old ati x300 and all seems good to far prma65 has been running for 60mins with no lockups and my cpu temp did go upto low 70's but has come back down on its own
so im going to give it 10 more mins then fit my gtx 780 back in and try it again but why i have been waiting i have taken the cooler off the gtx 780 and redone the thermal pasted just in case it was not set right

temps with core tem - pc ramdom crashs all the time - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
seems to be fixed now just had a 4hr cs go match making run and been fine
all i did was reset all the bloss right up again and didnt leave anything on auto and works fine now

Reaction score
nope didnt try over clocking upto last night now i got it running at a very good 4.6ghz and been running prime95 for the last 10hrs with no crashs or anything and temps are maxing out at 65c

after all that it turns out the auto default settings on my board dont like my cpu after doing them all manual settings and reseting up it works fine

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stupid technology....who does he think he is?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's weird....I have the FX-6200 and it was pretty much plug and play in my Gigabyte mobo.....I did have an Asus mobo first and was having the same trouble as you but it turned out that mobo wasn't compatible with my RAM clocks so I bought the gigabyte...been going strong for over 3 years now.

Reaction score
its amd for you tho i had the same thing neary with my old 8 core on a msi board ended up buying a new board and still done the same :/

Back