Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PC weird problem

Reaction score
My windows 8.1 was updating you know what i mean, its on a screen like installing 3 our of 4 updates? But it wasnt meant to be updated that time coz im in a hurry so i press the reboot button on the cpu and after that it appears the blue screen of death. Cant even repair it. What do you think now is the prob of my computer? Is it a hdd prob or maybe the ram was now defective? Does rebooting the pc affects the ram while itd updating?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically, you broke rule number one. If it says please do not shut off the computer.....

Anyway.

You most likely goofed up your registry, or some other software in your Operating System. Try booting from your factory reset CD(s), and reformat your hard drive/reinstall your operating system.

Good Job Bud!

Reaction score
Yeah i really did goodjob. I already cross tested my drives to other pc and its working. When i tried it back to my rig blue screen appear. The RAM now is defective replacing it. Im so stupid, im on a hurry that time.

Reaction score
You were in a hurry? You ARE in a hurry. Even now.

Did anyone say anything about defective RAM?

I have never seen RAM get damaged from dodgy software or updates or drivers. I don't even think that's possible.

As you have been told, it is most likely your fucked up registry or corrupted files which will need a full fresh format to correct.

Next time, maybe listen to the Ducking warning on the screen huh?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I say let him spend his money replacing a bunch of parts that are fine...more money he spends the more he will learn from this lesson.

Reaction score
I tried a newly installed os in my ssd then plugged it in my computer and after the bios load when the windows 7 os animation appears it will stplop and proceed to blue screen and restart. Then it rpeats the same way

Reaction score
Well yea, cos you installed the OS from another PC... And are you removing your original HDD while you are doing this?

Insert Windows format media (DVD/bootable USB), press F5 or F8 or F12 (whatever the key is for your BIOS version) to get to the boot menu, then select the drive with your windows format. Windows install will run, select your HDD, delete the partition then create a new fresh partition. Then select that new partition, create a new volume & install windows to it.

you're basically just booting from the Windows media before it boots from your HDD.

Reaction score
I tried installing using CD, but not installing stuck at 0% progress. But later i will try to use usb bootable win7. Ill come back here. Thanks for some tips and help. Hope my RAM is still ok

Reaction score
If your RAM is fucked, it's due to something unrelated to the Windows Update. Also if you haven't done this since it happened - turn off your PC & leave it disconnected from the power supply for like 10 minutes. That'll make sure anything still stored on your RAM will get purged.

Reaction score
Maybe haha and. I think my harddrive was fucked up. When i am plugging it always dumping physical memory thing appears with blie screen and restart. Infinite loop.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your physical hard drive was not the problem. Nor is it. It is the software on said hard drive. When you shut a computer off while it is updating, you leave some very important files half-updated. Which means.... Errors. In particular a blue-screen if the error is in the right place. Simply re-install your operating system as Rishwin originally said, or do a quick google search to find a complete guide.

If you can't format and re-install your OS, you shouldn't computer.

Reaction score
Maybe haha and. I think my harddrive was fucked up. When i am plugging it always dumping physical memory thing appears with blie screen and restart. Infinite loop.

Yah, that's all the half-corrupted data still sitting on your RAM lol. As long as your RAM sustains a constant flow of electricity (ie. being continuously plugged in to an active power socket, even if the unit is turned off) it will retain data on the RAM. It's only once you disconnect the power supply for a good 3-5 minutes that the data stored on the RAM simply disappears into the universe. Everytime you turn on the PC it would load whatever files the RAM still had in it's cache, find the corrupted data, then freeze & reboot. But until that corrupted data was purged, it just keeps "coming back" when you boot, hence the infinite loop.

As a side note, at the very least you should have fixed this by yourself "on accident" because when you were testing it with that other SSD you should have been disconnecting the power supply. Leaving the power supply turned on while swapping components is probably the most common way for people destroy their hardware.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Yah, that's all the half-corrupted data still sitting on your RAM lol. As long as your RAM sustains a constant flow of electricity (ie. being continuously plugged in to an active power socket, even if the unit is turned off) it will retain data on the RAM. It's only once you disconnect the power supply for a good 3-5 minutes that the data stored on the RAM simply disappears into the universe. Everytime you turn on the PC it would load whatever files the RAM still had in it's cache, find the corrupted data, then freeze & reboot. But until that corrupted data was purged, it just keeps "coming back" when you boot, hence the infinite loop.

As a side note, at the very least you should have fixed this by yourself "on accident" because when you were testing it with that other SSD you should have been disconnecting the power supply. Leaving the power supply turned on while swapping components is probably the most common way for people destroy their hardware.

I don't think you need 3-5 minutes, because the data on the DIMM RAM is instant volatile.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ervs - PC weird problem - RaGEZONE Forums

Back