Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to open port 80?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi i have a Xfinity router and yes it is mine and yes I log into it frequently and yes i do have the option to port forward but i'm unsure how to open port 80. When i go to it tells me in exact words

I could not see your service on (My IP HERE) on port (80)
Reason: Connection timed out

I am unsure what to do at this point. I have tried using the firewall rule thing but it still doesn't work. I am trying to open a temporary FLYFF server for a friend of mine and it looks like i actually did everything correctly (and i know this because everything will crash if i don't lol) but because my ports are closed , The server is unable to be reached. Any advise?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you are browsing a website via http:// you are using port 80. what is being done is that your router's internal firewall is blocking port 80 based on it being port-scanned by canyouseeme.org. Mine does it too and I know for certain that it triggers to be open when non-portscans are being run by applications/websites, otherwise, I would not be able to view websites other than secure sites via https:// which utilizes port 443. The only time you do not use port 80 on http:// is when it is websitename:port. The fact that you are able to come here on RaGEZONE and post, this means you are already using port 80 and it is opening/closing as intended.

If you wish to keep it open at all times, like the previous post was hinting on, you can go into your Xfinity router interface and select advanced and choose to enable UPnP or customize it via port forwarding to always stay open based on your network adapter which can be found via command prompt when one types ipconfig (it is different than your ip. Example: some people have 10.#.#.# or 192.#.#.#, depending on how the router is setup (look for ipv4 address)).

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for this but unfortunately i still get the time out error despite enabling UPNP and Portforwarding with it.

Since this is about routers, seems like this is more appropriate for the Tech Zone than Coders' Paradise. Moved.

No i don't have skype.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This may or may not be the problem but you can go for a longshot and try a different DNS. You can try Google's public DNS or Cloudflare DNS. I personally use a combination of the two by using both of their primary suggested ones. I set this within my router options.

The next best thing would be to ask your ISP unless someone else has a solution. Sorry. If you do ever find out the problem then please let us know here so it can help someone else in the future -- even if it's something simple...

Back