Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Professional Help needed (WinV Sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I have recently gotten a copy of "Windows Vista Ultimate Edition" and everything is working swell execpt one main thing ever PC user needs.... SOUND!

I have Realtek 97' blah blah you know the deal... I have tried EVERYTHING I googled it 200 times with like a whole bunch of different topics... I installed the Realtek Vista Driver and it still didnt work when I open my sound thing and go to the Playback tab it says "No audio devices are installed"

Anyone who can help would be VERY highly appreciated

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Have you tried your XP drivers? (Worth a shot).

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score

That one?

Vista isn't really established as an OS yet. Better to keep using XP.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope, I've think I've tried EVERYTHING so umm... No sound I guess:juggle:

**EDIT** I'm getting a new PC on the 25th... Anyone have any idea what would be the best OS to use that can be easily activated (I'm guess you know wht I mean... I was suggested Windows 2003)

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
XP Pro. Driver availability for 2003 is also a bit limited.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i suggest xp less bugs... and last of source.. but have patience in download the drivers...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Windows XP Pro or Linux :).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
XP Pro 64bit and Ubuntu Linux 64bit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Khadia is 100% right.................. Use WinXP ou Ubuntu...
If you use it and still dont get sound buy new speakers... :p

Reaction score
Khadia is WRONG, Do not use 64bit as it actually degrades performance (That is, if your a gamer)

That's only because the OS and drivers are not optomized for it. Vista 64-bit runs better in games then Vista 32-bit because it's optomized for 64-bit.

Never the less avoid using any 64-bit OS at the moment as there are not many driver avaliable for it.

That includes Linux x64, Windows XP Pro 64-bit, Windows Server 2003 x64, Vista x64 versions.

Wait until January 30th when Vista is offically released and manufactures will have the 64-bit drivers made.

Never the less Vista Ultimate isn't even released. The only Vista you can buy is Vista Buisness for $399 form CompUSA only.

Good luck on that and supporting and illegal operating system isn't supported here as it's warez.

NoPeace - out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back