Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ram Problems

Reaction score
Ok so yesterday my pc automatically shut off and that was it for the powersupply I guess it died...

Anyhow I put in a new power supply replugged everything and now my ram is causing so much issues that never happened before.

Ram Type : OCZ

I have 4 x 1GB OCZ ram.
When I plug into slot 1 ,2 , 4 computer boots BUT ONLY DISPLAYS 1GB Ram Installed.

When I plug the third ram into third nothing appears on the moniter when i try to turn it on.

What is the cause for this maddness , I'm really irritated.

Troubleshoots I've tried:
Booting each ram individually ( ALL 4 WORK ).
RESETTING CMOS / BIOS
Unplugging hard drives
Unplugging Graphic cards
Using VGA Cord To Onboard VGA / HDMI
retrying old power supply ( still dead )
Plugging in 2 ram cards at a time ( STILL SHOWS 1GB )
Plugging external usbs / etc out
Resetting computer
Tried Memory Type : Unganged - Ganged

Can someone give me a working answer, I don't know what to do.

Please fast answer Thanks\\

`Im on the computer right now only showing 1 GB Ram Installed

Other Useful information:
Motherboard: A780GXH

Reaction score
This is why you don't buy cheap PSU's - so when they die, they don't take any other components with them.

Now you've tested each individual stick one-at-a-time and it works? But the moment you plug multiples in your have issues?

Yup pretty much confirms that either the mobo is damaged or just the RAM ports. But something blew when the PSU went. Try individual RAM sticks in each individual port. Is there 1 or 2 ports in particular no RAM sticks work in?

Reaction score
This is why you don't buy cheap PSU's - so when they die, they don't take any other components with them.

Now you've tested each individual stick one-at-a-time and it works? But the moment you plug multiples in your have issues?

Yup pretty much confirms that either the mobo is damaged or just the RAM ports. But something blew when the PSU went. Try individual RAM sticks in each individual port. Is there 1 or 2 ports in particular no RAM sticks work in?

So it magically blew out 3 of 4 ram slots... This all seems fishy.
btw
The power supply I switched it to now is 300W and the one that blew out was a 500W . Could the WATT power be too low to power up everything in the whole computer?

I also have a graphics card which requires more power which is uhm Radeon 4800 so I plug in a extra cord to it for power.

Just curious, my dad is going to get me another 500W to see if its the problem and because i'm not going to stick with a 300W for a computer like this.

Reaction score
So it magically blew out 3 of 4 ram slots... This all seems fishy.
btw
The power supply I switched it to now is 300W and the one that blew out was a 500W . Could the WATT power be too low to power up everything in the whole computer?

I also have a graphics card which requires more power which is uhm Radeon 4800 so I plug in a extra cord to it for power.

Just curious, my dad is going to get me another 500W to see if its the problem and because i'm not going to stick with a 300W for a computer like this.

I don't see that as fishy, rather it probably would have blown out all of your RAM slots except 1 of them was lucky enough to survive.

Well yea if your PC requires more power than your PSU can provide things will start shutting down which can mean blue screens or data loss. If it's working fine then that's great but if you start getting crashes or blue screens or issues in demanding games it's your GPU trying to suck power your PSU doesn't have. Then you will need a higher wattage PSU.

Do you see any change with the new PSU? Still have the issue?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol, this isnt a tv show more power more likely to put other parts at risk of breaking(WITH A FAULTY MOBO), if something is wrong with your mobo, i know you think is isnt, but its the problem but, if you want to risk it go ahead.

Back