Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Problem running dual monitors through HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P75-D3
Video card: GTX 660 TI
Monitor 1: Samsung SyncMaster TA350 23"
Monitor 2: Samsung SyncMaster 740NW 17"

Okay, so my video card takes DVI-D, DVI-I, HDMI, and DisplayPort, while both my monitors run on VGA. I looked around in a local store in my area and found a VGA->DVI-I adapter and running the monitor I'm on as we speak perfectly fine, but could not find a VGA->DVI-D. So I got an HDMI cable.

Monitor 2 does not have anything but VGA, while Monitor 1 takes VGA, and 2 HDMI. So I connected Monitor 1 through HDMI but it did not work.

Let's take off the dual monitor for now. When I run my monitor through HDMI it does not work at all. Gives me a black screen saying "no signal", but if I remove the HDMI cable it changes that message to "check cable" or something like that. I tried plugging the cable in both HDMIs in my monitor but same result. I've tried updating my nvidia driver, and tried a different monitor, but same result. I even tried connecting my monitor through HDMI on my brother's computer but nothing either, so I ruled out that my video card is faulty since result was the same even on my brother's PC.. Only thing I have not tried is change the cable, but I post this to ask if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this?

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Make sure your running a resolution the HDMI monitor can display.

Reaction score
As far as I know only new chipsets support HDMI and VGA plugged in at the same time.But before everything , you should first setup to have multiple monitors in your nVidia control panel , otherwise if you just plugin HDMI with VGA , nothing happens , but if you plug out VGA , and plugin HDMI , it works. Or at-least it should.

For your sake there is a tutorial :

Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As far as I know only new chipsets support HDMI and VGA plugged in at the same time.But before everything , you should first setup to have multiple monitors in your nVidia control panel , otherwise if you just plugin HDMI with VGA , nothing happens , but if you plug out VGA , and plugin HDMI , it works. Or at-least it should.

For your sake there is a tutorial :

I already tried using HDMI on its own without VGA plugged in, but HDMI on its own does not work. And I've watched that tutorial before, but didn't help.

When I plugin the HDMI, let's say as a dual monitor, it does not detect it in the NVIDIA control panel, or even the device manager..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already tried using HDMI on its own without VGA plugged in, but HDMI on its own does not work. And I've watched that tutorial before, but didn't help.

When I plugin the HDMI, let's say as a dual monitor, it does not detect it in the NVIDIA control panel, or even the device manager..

the hdmi cable fucked, try a diffrent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back