Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

screen goes blank

Reaction score
Got a laptop i've had for 3 years now.

Anytime i close the lid or move the lcd screen it goes blank. Then takes a while to be able to get it to turn back on. Usually I have to move it back and forth or tap it to get it to turn back on. Other times i've had to hard reboot it to get the screen to show back up.

I believe its not the motherboard as the keyboards and lights turn on. But once the screen is on it runs fine and can do anything for days..

My understanding is it might be the lcd screen that needs to be replaced? Do this sound like the case? Or could be a bad lid sensor too?

Reaction score
Guessing it's either the connector of the screen that is comming out, or the screen itself that's malfunctioning.

I had a similar problem a few years back, took it to a repair shop to get a new screen in and it's not occuring anymore.

Staff member
Reaction score
What type of laptop is it; and not to let alone but did you spill anything on it, If not then It could be down to the provider and value of how long left it's been developed to last till.

Reaction score
No spill no nothing.

I took the lcd screen apart cleaned it up moved the wire cleaned the lid sensor too. Seem to make it work so far. We will see as time moves on.

laptop:
gt73vr 6re titan

Back