• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Upgrading GPU Cards

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I want two GPU's, as I run multi monitor setup.

I'd like to know what I can get for roughly 1k USD.

Any recommendations ?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nvidia SIDE: GTX 1070 Or GTX 1060.
AMD SIDE: RX 580

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You don't need multiple GPUs for a multi monitor setup FYI. only if you want to game on multiple monitors. Even then, it's better to go with a 4k or ultrawide monitor these days as opposed to separate monitors (SLI and Crossfire isn't supported very well anymore).

I moved to a 1080Ti and a 3440x1440 ultrawide and it was a good choice for me.

Choices aside, now is a *******REALLY******* bad time to buy a GPU or RAM. The prices are so inflated because of crypto currency miners, the price I got my 1070 for 2 years ago is HALF what it costs now, and my 1080Ti was 500$ cheaper than the current price for them. Wait for GPU supply to increase before buying. For 1080p gaming on a single monitor, wait till the 1070s are back in the $450 range, and for ultrawide/4k gamins, a 1080Ti or possibly 1070Ti is a good choice at 850/750 respectively

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I do agree with GhostSnyper it's a terrible time to buy GPU or Ram. Right now it's even a terrible idea to build a gaming pc.

When i bought my RX 580 it was 250$ and now the price is double a few days ago i even seen it going for 750$

Price In 2017: HU43YOf - Upgrading GPU Cards - RaGEZONE Forums

Price Right Now. EmVKt16 - Upgrading GPU Cards - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back