Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Usage Allowance

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What does it mean to have a limit or allowance of how much bandwidth I am given? Like I was trying to find a good Internet Provider here in my country and I don't seem to get how having a limited bandwidth and a monthly payment subscription is going to work.

They have this thing called " Usage Allowance "
Usage allowance is the amount of data your SKYbroadband package allows you to download or upload each month. For example, Plan 15GB has a usage allowance of 15GB per month. Usage allowance is automatically reset to zero (0) on the 1st day of billing cycle.

And this is like worth $27.31 in the US if converted. for 10mbps; plain 15 GB

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
What does it mean to have a limit or allowance of how much bandwidth I am given? Like I was trying to find a good Internet Provider here in my country and I don't seem to get how having a limited bandwidth and a monthly payment subscription is going to work.

They have this thing called " Usage Allowance "

And this is like worth $27.31 in the US if converted. for 10mbps; plain 15 GB

Yea it's basically that they limit you on howmuch you can download/upload every month, once you go over that you'll either have to upgrade or pay extras but that should be in the details of the contract most likely.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Isn't this like an uncommon contract offers for ISPs or does it happen in a lot of ISP that are huge now?

No they do it where I live too, depending on howmuch you pay they give you a certain rate that you can browse on and a certain amount of bandwidth that you can use.

For example for "unlimited" (they say unlimited, but they say only for normal use + they can limit you from the moment you go over a certain data-amount used) use we pay like 80-100 euro here, but there's also contracts where you pay like 50 euro and then you have like 50-60 gig that you can use.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
From the sound of it, it doesn't seem like a good option for a person who shares the bandwidth as a Wifi as it takes more than how it should be in Wlan. Gah, I just wanted an unlimited 10mbps, but I guess it it too hard to find one and probably they're expensive.

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The plan I use is 200GB 8mbs. I live in India, and they give limited bandwidth. Although there are unlimited plans too but their pricing is, yes you guessed it expensive.

If you are a heavy user, then opt for a slower speed and more bandwidth around the same price.

Back