Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

USB Mouses and a HP Pavilion g6 - Halp

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So my girlfriend's mouse just randomly stuffed up the other day just before Christmas.
So just before Christmas Day, being a convenient time and the fact the mouse was a cheap gaming line, I went and bought her a Logitech g300.

2 days later, this mouse has done the same thing. The mouse doesn't work now, and we haven't found one yet that does EXCEPT my Razer Naga Epic (I'm guessing because it's really high quality or at least I am led to think that)

I have researched and found that the USB port might have something to do with it, but all 3 deny the 2 mice. Razer Naga Epic though can be plugged into all 3 and works perfectly.

I don't know what to do, and she's getting really pissed really quickly.
Help a brother in need ;c

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Check your drivers and make sure they're not corrupt/out dated. Although most standard, non-gaming mice use the standard mouse drivers that come with Windows, they can sometimes go bad. If you have a brand name gaming one though, which sounds like the second one you bought her is, then you can most likely Google the mouse name and come up with some driver details and whatnot.

Here try your luck with this perhaps;
Or this;

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
or, check that all screws on the the motherboard are screwed in, sounds like to much power going into your USB ports, make sure your pc is grounded right.

if its is it may need a clean inside.

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To exclude driver failure, boot into safe mode and check whether or not the mouse works (you know, pressing F8 on booting up and stuff).

If not, it's not a driver problem and you can skip to the part where you try a powered USB hub (or USB -> PS/2 converter ?).

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys! I'll try all of these methods and get back to you. Having a technical blank at the moment, so I may be a couple of hours!

Back