Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Visual Studio 14 CTP Installation

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently tried to install Microsoft Visual Studio 14 CTP again, but it it keeps getting stuck during the installation.
It's worked before, which is why I'm asking for help here.

Whenever I try to install it, everything will go smoothly until (when opening the .iso:) it is applying the Devenv Resources, or (when opening the web installer:) applying the shell minimal resources.
If I try to cancel the installation, it will be stuck on "Stopping current session".
If I try to reboot, the installation will continue, and be stuck on the same part. I can only stop the installer if I cancel the process before it gets stuck.

Is there anything I need for it to work, or any advice I could take?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Could be a corrupted download...have you tried to redownload the iso and try again...

Also what mounting software are you using? I have found some iso that only work with Daemon tools...and I hate Daemon tools...Virtual clone drive is my favorite...

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking the installation software from connecting to the internet.

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've tried to mount it by just connecting it to a drive (same concept as mounting), but that didn't work.
I just now tried to mount with PowerISO with a new download, but that gave the same result.

The firewall should be fine, too.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I downloaded it and installed it on my Win 7 64 bit last night with no problems bro...so don't know whats up.

It took FOREVER...but it did eventually finish.

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I downloaded it and installed it on my Win 7 64 bit last night with no problems bro...so don't know whats up.

It took FOREVER...but it did eventually finish.

It stucked on Devenv for 3 hours. I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to take that long. I'll try if I can remove every trace of it from my laptop.

Okay, removed everything and that seemed to have fixed the problem of the Devenv stucking. I'm installing it right now, but it's been on "Microsoft Visual Studio 14 CTP Shell (Minimum) Resources" for a while now.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mine took about 1 hour 15 minutes to finish...watched over 2 Last Airbender's before it pop back up :)

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After a search there is a post on Microsoft support forum for 2014 CTP stating that 2013 and the CTP are not compatible together on one machine.

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After a search there is a post on Microsoft support forum for 2014 CTP stating that 2013 and the CTP are not compatible together on one machine.

They were before, though.

Okay, Microsoft is by far the most retarded company regarding the failure of installations.
Tried to install MSVS14 for hours, but it kept being stuck. So today I just kept rebooting, hoping something would happen.
After each reboot, it got a bit further, until after the ninth reboot, the setup was successful.

I'm gonna live on the moon, where nothing goes wrong.

Back