Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 8.1 Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im having problems with my windows 8.1 laptop. Every single day i will get this error. Called Invalid Process Attach Attempt error like for example when this error occurs is i could be doing something on my pc and my pc will freeze and when i restart it i will get blue screen and that error will pop up the way i fix it is going in to safe mode and roll back my display driver and updated it again but it keeps occurring do you know how to fix?

I relize windows 8.1 is bad OS but don't post that i just need to know how to fix this issue.

The laptop is HP windows 8 .1 TouchScreen

Last edited:
ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
Never have problems with windows 8.1, well open cmd as admin, and run sfc /scannow see if it fixes anything.
If it failed to repair
Then run
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
and run sfc /scannow again.

Though it kinda seems like a driver issue, so make sure all your drivers are up to date. and correct.

But what app is the error Called Invalid Process Attach Attempt coming from ?
Perhaps its not win 8.1 compatible, also find it quite odd a application needs to attach to a process.
So run a virus scan just in case as well.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well see i just bought this laptop im doing sfc /scannow right now

and invaild process attach attempt is not coming from a app it just happens randomly. My pc will freeze and when i try to start it back up i get the error on blue screen its weird. I know its not a virus i have 3-4 virus protectors. But this happen when one day i roll back my display driver and re updated it so. This error comes up randomly now.

i tried it all but no fix :(

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's a driver error obviously...don't use the newest driver from the manufacturer...go back at least one...if not more. when I had 8.1 on my computer I had to go back 4 to find a stable one, they are still working out bugs within the system, so I never use the newest graphics driver till it's been out at least a month.

and do a clean install...uninstall your graphics driver and delete all folders for it in your files before doing a new install.

ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
His laptop should have factory reset, should solve all problems, and having 3-4 anti-virus just slows down your pc to a snail..
Having 1 good one is best you can do.

But yeah seems like a driver issue.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can you recommend one i cant seem to find one i google it but i seem to fail xd.

But anyways my graphic cards is Intel HD Graphics Card Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Also im not factory restoring my pc i have to many servers and codes/programs on my pc to restore it ......

xD everytime i download a drive and try to run the setup.exe it says this computer does not meet the minimun requirements for installing this software -_-

I actually have 2 virus protectors sorry wrong pc i have AVG, Malwarebytes,

im gonna try to system restore this to eariler date have no idea if this fix anything but its worth a shot. If you two have any more solutions please post them.

I really hate windows 8 .1

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Give me the laptop make and model and I'll see what i can find.

Do not use AVG...it's a resource hog and thinks EVERYTHING is a virus. Actually could be AVG messing up your system...heard of that before. It thought the driver was a virus and kept deleting it on startup.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My avg is been on all my pc only pc thats having this problem is this dumb laptop.

HP 15.6" 15-f010wm Laptop PC:

Key Features and Benefits:
Intel Celeron N2830 processor
2.16GHz (up to 2.41GHz via Turbo boost)

Graphics card Intel HD Graphics

But yes i know the fake virus thing with avg ur talking about.

Lol my system restore failed -_- caused by a anti virus apprently?? wtf?? Monolith any luck?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try this one...it's HP's previous released graphics driver for your model.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
System restore fix it for now but i make sure to keep this in mind thank you guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back