Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

XBOX 360 - Overheating problems.

Learning C# - Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, I doubted it belonged in 360 MODDING because it isnt a modded xbox.
Anyways, Me and my friends were coming along a road and found a xbox 360 Pro. We decided to see if it works and it does! We were amazed that we got a xbox for FREE! :junglejane:
Anyways, Our excited faces soon ended when we saw that about seven minutes into it being on weird black flashes and colours appear accross the screen. We have tried different cords and this doesnt work. On the startup of games like Halo 4 it starts up fine, But when it goes to Press Start the black flashes start. Its more like weird black shapes that come and go accross the screen whilst its on. The fastest the weird flashes of colour happen is when you start a game. But when you leave it on the main menu for about seven minutes it starts to happen there too. Mainly when you look at your avatar.
The weird thing is, It doesnt do it when you put a DVD in. At all. I tried watching Family guy Season 7 on it and nothing weird happened. We have tried two borrowed games off my friends and a brand new Gears of war game which we later returned.
Anyways, If i turn it back on after i turn it back off due to these colour flashes It starts to do it on the startup of the XBOX 360 then it continues from there. But if I leave it for five minutes after it being off it starts up fine.
When i turn it off though, Why i think its a overheating problem is because when i put my hand near the back of the xbox 360 its warm. Should it go warm that fast? Thats why i think its either the graphics card or the overheating.
Any help would be appreciated! - wy479

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

or

or

or

or

Learning C# - Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks, But i dont want to spend too much money.
Anyways, Could it be that it just needs new thermal paste?
Or could it be the X Clamp?
I dont care about voiding its warranty, The warranty has passed anyway

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
let me refer you to the second, link....-.-

ITS 2 $5 FANS STUCK TOGETHER, please "click" the links and check them out before dismissing it...i mean really...

Learning C# - Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I did click the links but they didnt really interest me.

Rogu3
Reaction score
I did click the links but they didnt really interest me.
Gotta spend money to make money, pal. Don't shove the guy off if he's trying to help you. To be honest, never heard of this problem before. I don't think it's an overheating problem. If it's warming up on start-up, you probably need to make sure all the vents have an opens space to release the hot air. I know when I used to have it on the rug, it would go from Room temperature to flaming hot in seconds. You should check his links though, and take actual regard to them. You can't expect to fix this thing with some trick on YouTube, if it were, you'd've found it by now.

The real deal.
Reaction score
If it were overheating problems your best bet is to buy a fan(s).

Learning C# - Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I said I didnt know if it were, But it quickly distorts images when you get up to a games menu for instance:
I select for it to play halo 4 (No weird shapes here)
On startup it displays the normal Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries logos. (Still no weird shapes)
It goes to the menu were it says "Please press start to continue" (The shapes start flashing across the screen madly.)
During play it continues doing this, even during the first mission were you see parts of the master chiefs armor at times instea of it being green, its red.
It isnt a damaged disk, ive checked.
This also happens around seven minutes of it just sitting on the main menu.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
using HDMI if you are use the other video input, if not use HDMI.
its just the connecter(or could even be the cable) where you plug it in for the tv.
failing that, gfx is stuffed xbox is no good.

Learning C# - Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can't use HDMI as my stupid tv doesnt support it. (Its like a cube tv) Ill try borrowing my friends cord.

Back