Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2O C1 AntyBot-HowTo 1&2: Network.dll reoptimisation and encryption kay change

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
C1 AntiBot-HowTo: Change Auth Server Encryption key (Network.dll)

I have got many questions like "How to change protocol version between Client and Server (LineAge2 C1)", so
there, i left solution, how to do this.

So, find any hex editor, with search by ASCII abilities (ultraedit or some).

Client side:
Open ..\LineageII\System\Network.dll go to 0x41138 or
find by ASCII string "-%&@!" (without quotes):

There we see "[;'.]94-31==-%&@!^+]", it is full, default auth key for LineAge2 C1

You can change the number 94 or may be other parts, i don’t sure, to what ever you desire. But memo this changes!

Lets change it for example to 60
Save file.

Server side - AuthServer:
Open your L2AuthD.exe in same way as Network.dll before
Go to 0x6c6b0 or find by ASCII string "-%&@!" (without quotes):

You'll see some string as before - "[;'.]94-31==-%&@!^+]"

Change 94 to 60 (or what you memo at previous step)
Save file.

Server side - L2server:

Open ..\L2Server\l2server.ini and change AcceptLowerProtocol=true to AcceptLowerProtocol=false if it not the same.

Send to all your gamers, new Network.dll file. Restart server with new AuthKey in L2AuthD.exe.

That’s all. Take a fun.

Theory:

First goal is disorient out-game bot programs, which use other server "key".

In fact, it is not "Protocol change guide", it is "Àuthkey change guide".
I think so, cause i dump traffic, with and with-out changes,
disasm dll and server (IDA-Pro, wDasm8.93) and see clearly, what changes and where.
It is not protocol num, it is probably Àuthkey.

If you familar with IDA-Pro (Greatest disassembler), so when you dissasm Network.dll you'll see that:
a_9431@ db '[;',27h,'.]94-31=^-%&@!^+]',0

that str is used in sub_10014120 proc near ; CODE XREF: UNetworkHandler::Init(int,FL2NetNotify *)+49

I am not to sure, but I think at this place we have some algorithm to encode strings that outgoing to server (name and password).

Next step, is reoptimise dll, or reencode it, so no one walkers or etc., don’t find what key you use without totally disassemble of your new dll file.

C1 AntyBot-HowTo 2: Network.dll reoptimisation.
http://forum.ragezone.com/showthread.php?t=78801

To Russians:

ß äóìàþ, ÷òî ñóäÿ ïî äàìïàì èíòåðíåò òðàôèêà ñ ñåðâåðîì, è äèçàñåìáëåðíûì êîäàì, ýòî íèêàêîé íå íîìåð ïðîòîêîëà, êàê ìíîãèå äóìàþò, à êëþ÷ êîòîðûì øèôðóþòñÿ äàííûå ïðè ïåðåñûëêå íà ñåðâåð.

Ò.î. íàäî ìåíÿòü åãî ñ 2 ñòîðîí, ïðîñòî íàéäèòå â network.dll è L2AuthD.exe ñòðîêó "[;'.]94-31==-%&@!^+]" è îäèíàêîâî èçìåíèòå öèôðû, ñêîðåå âñåãî è âñå ñîòàëüíîå ìîæíî ìåíÿòü, íî âîîáùåòî íå ñòîèò, òàê êàê ýòèì æå êëþ÷åì âîçìîæíî ðàñïàêîâûâàþòñÿ PGP ôàéëû êëèåíòà, - ñòðîêà ïîâòîðÿåòñÿ è â l2decrypt.exe

Ñëåäóþùèé øàã ýòî íàéòè õîðîøèé ðåîïòèìèçàòîð, èëè dll óïàêîâùèê, è òàê âñå ïåðìåøàòü âíóòðè áèáëèîòåêè ÷òîáû íèêòî íå ìîã èç íåå âûòàùèòü êàê èìåííî èçìåíèëñÿ êëþ÷ áåç îáðàòíîé îòëàäêè, äî÷åãî áîòû âðÿäëè áûñòðî äîáåðóòñÿ.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
juster said:
в общем того раза уже хватило чтобы отсечь внешних ботов. теперь все юзают ингейм ботов. вот бы теперь обсудить отлов ингейм валкеров, и проч.
Невозможно в принципе. Или патчить Network.dll на отлов определенных процессов в памяти.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is very usefull, stickied, i also try to merge with Your other thread.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1rst You can dump the dll from memory, even the most compressed and protected one and get the hash key. Just wait until L2.exe go to login screen (the dll is fully decrypted there, we dont need its IAT table etc etc), then dump the dll with yoda's LordPE. Search for the hash bla bla. Tested with PeCompact, Armadillo, Aspack/ASPr, UPX and some other packers.
2nd You can patch l2walker (outgame) in memory and change its default hash key (2 times in memory image) and play as normal as before. I know that this way works as i did it before.
3rd You forget the sounds in some bots like l2walker, so sending messages is not the way.
4rth You can code a proxy that enters into the second testing server where the bot cant and emulate the packets needed for the bot to operate (something hybrid like muhax - all you need is l2j code).

Sorry but these sollutions are for kids. What you need is a program that:
a) protects l2 files from editing by hex or memory editors
b) checks for debuggers,dumpers
c) checks for varius cheats
d) changes in memory the hash key
e) encrypts the packets in client (using hooks in winsock dll function to preserve the ip of the user) and decrypts them in server
f) reports back to server if found anything suspicious

and keep in mind of users' privacy!!!

Upvote 0
█║▌║▌║TheMerc iful║▌║▌║█
Loyal Member
Reaction score
But Then Yet... The Fix That Has Been Released Has The Capability To Stop The Bot...

Tanx Again Guys For The Release... It Is Well Appreciated... :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Back