Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2O How many people can i support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi, i decided to setup a server and i was just wondering how many people i can hold with my connection .Im wishing to run my server on l2-OFF and not l2j since it can support more people also i was wondering if there is any other emulator that runs lineage 2.

connection: 5mbps download speed
512 kbps upload speed
60 GB/month data transfer
up to 2 IP's

computer specs: proccesor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 ghz overclocked to 3.2ghz

ram: 4gb

hardrive:500gb 7200 rpm hardrive

: evga 8800 gtx

I was also wondering if after a couple of months the server get populated and if donations actually come in so I can move to a , and also if donations cover all the payment for the dedicated server or i will have to take money out of my own pocket .I really cant afford a good connection since im living in Canada and paying 50 dollars a month for this connection . And also how come most servers are in europe is it because there connection speed is really high due to optic fibre cables and why are isp's so cheap .thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
with your upload speed you can have 50 people max without lag in l2j for l2off i think it is the same.

for 100 mbit you can buy a server with 169 dollars per month.

actually u'll have to pay a little more for a stable server PC.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Actually i think he cant even support 50 pep max with hes upload.
The serv itself uses some of the upload. if i where you i would rather go for l2j with your setup than l2off. mainly because your setup for l2off will require a lil more upload than just 512kb/s to run smooth.
Also i hope you got enough cooling on your system as your using an overclocked cpu and you will notice l2off uses alot of your comp not only ram. l2j uses almost nothing at all and can be used on any shitcomp to run ok if ya have enough ram and bandwith.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back