Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2O please help - protocol version different???

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
after user/password input is accepted i get to choose one of the servers (have [1]Bartz only). when i choose and try to enter it i get a bug >>>

"Protocol version is different. Please continue"
i mean... wtf is it suppose to mean?

P.S: result is - cant get pass this dem screen

P.S.2: what is "PGFCV failed 800007d6" ? (written in l2server after "all html files cached", when launchin lineage)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Go into your l2server.ini

add / edit: AcceptLowerProtocol=true

if you did that and it still doesn't work your using the wrong client.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sigh

Hi!!!!

I'm stuck at the same screen as ghostrida....and I'm getting the same errors.....

@ghostrida did you fix it? and how?

I'm getting that PGFCV failed 800007d6 error too >.<
and I can't log into my bartz...so yea...same problems...and my AcceptLowerProtocol=true is already set that way...=/ :chair:

and if it IS the wrong client version, where do I get the RIGHT client version? cause the patches (silly little dll files) just make my l2.exe not run due to some Core.dll error...and encrypting my l2.ini with the 212 algorithm also stops my client from running..so I'm pretty much lost :toilet_cl

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No if you look at the scripts you will see a country code like this:

[Setting]
;Country=0 KR
;Country=1 US
;Country=2 JP
;Country=3 TW
;Country=4 CN
Country=1

Set it to what ever your client is or viseversa... it's in every main script for each server.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks...alright...I will do that, but that still won't help my l2.exe work with the 212 encryption algorithm.

well, changing the country code did little to nothing....I'm still having the same problem.....when I see Bartz in the serverlist I cannot connect to it >.<

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
-[bump]-

I'd really like to know how to get my client to actually connect to my server....

I've gone through every page of this forum and have used the search endlessly...yet to no avail. Though somehow my problem does not seem to be so common, I would really appreciate some help >.<

I'm going to try playing with some patch files and l2decrypt some more....hopefully I will stumble across a solution.

Thx anyway...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well

I've managed to get a hold of a client that works with the 212 encryption. :thumbup:

What happens now, is that when I log in I get disconnected after 20 seconds. And the serverlist page looks a bit different....instead of "confirm" and "cancle" I have "quality" "ok" "cancle" and at the top I now see the table like this:

[1] Bartz 48ms

so yea...I'm obviously getting a ping now...

my other problem still remains, when I try to log in with the first account that I have created I still get the error about the account already being in use.

I'm going to try some more patches...see if that does anything....some server side patches too...who knows? :toilet_cl

Upvote 0
Reaction score
alot of servers say these type of things and run no problem, such as "this account is in use" this happens if a person clicks really fast and hops the loging and doesnt login, you should be able to login as normal, if it does not login, the configuration is messed up and i suggest u look at the tutorial to put a server together and change the files around.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
cycoextreme said:
alot of servers say these type of things and run no problem, such as "this account is in use" this happens if a person clicks really fast and hops the loging and doesnt login, you should be able to login as normal, if it does not login, the configuration is messed up and i suggest u look at the tutorial to put a server together and change the files around.

Well, I have looked at the tutorials, lol....what do you think I've been doing? :p There's no way I could set this up without them.

I've tried setting up the server many...and I will say it again....many times. I have even tried it on several machines in case it were a hardware problem. I've opened up ports on my router, messed around with the ini files, and did everything that the tutorial says....except for one. The part where it tells you what to do to the client...it's rather general...and no real steps are given except to put in a new fontinfo file (which gives me errors about my video card...on any of my computers)

I AM able to log in with several other accounts that I have made...but not the first...Also, I am now unable to make more accounts >.< for some reason the asp website that I was using no longer wants to work when i hit the next button....I'm going to try the php version later when I get everything else working...but the problem still remains that I cannot connect to my server....>.<

Upvote 0
Back