Arcturus Emulator 1.15.0

Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 236365666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1146
  1. #1081
    Death from above! The General is offline
    DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,235Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Yeah it says exactly whats wrong.... The heightmap you import doesn't have a tile on where you have defined the entry tile (AKA THE DOOR)

    Just because plus accepts this as valid, doesn't mean that I should half ass implementations.
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ (You can ask help here regarding Arcturus :love)

  2. #1082
    Hardcore Member ElMayor is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    114Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Wordfilter does not Mute/replace the key word...

    only create a ticket on modtools...

  3. #1083
    Ultimate Member harbihotel is offline
    MemberRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    PortugalLocation
    166Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Does anyone have a full recent catalogue working with arcturus?

  4. #1084
    Member Reize is offline
    MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    72Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    how do u set default duckets?

  5. #1085
    Newbie JoshuaS is offline
    MemberRank
    Apr 2018 Join Date
    2Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Reize View Post
    how do u set default duckets?
    Emulator_settings in database

  6. #1086
    Member Reize is offline
    MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    72Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaS View Post
    Emulator_settings in database
    can't seem to find it, i mean like default amount of duckets you get upon register

  7. #1087
    Ultimate Member uhHab is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2013 Join Date
    175Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Reize View Post
    can't seem to find it, i mean like default amount of duckets you get upon register
    That's nothing to do with Arcturus, that'd be done in your CMS config files.

  8. #1088
    Member treebeard is offline
    MemberRank
    Jun 2018 Join Date
    North AmericaLocation
    32Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Happy to see this thing open source now.

    Hopefully people just stick to building one feature rich emulator rather than doing a bunch of pointless renames with added commands lol.


  9. #1089
    Deep thoughts Arcturus Emulator 1.15.0 Joopie is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,661Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Quote Originally Posted by treebeard View Post
    Happy to see this thing open source now.

    Hopefully people just stick to building one feature rich emulator rather than doing a bunch of pointless renames with added commands lol.

    It used to be open source, yes. But some ruined it..

  10. #1090
    Member treebeard is offline
    MemberRank
    Jun 2018 Join Date
    North AmericaLocation
    32Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Joopie View Post
    It used to be open source, yes. But some ruined it..
    Wow guess that didnt take very long...

  11. #1091
    ส็็็็็็็ Bloodraven is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    AntarcticaLocation
    2,513Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Withholding the source code is probably detrimental, though I don't really care. I haven't been here for years.

    If someone wanted the 1.13 source code then as most of you probably know... it is incredibly easy with an interpreted language like Java to decompile with practically any tool. I'm still shit with Java, so correct me if I am wrong - but this decompiled source code is still not lossless, it is lossy just like when you decompile .NET languages.

    The reason why it is detrimental is because people are going to rename it if they really wanted, people are going to sell renames if they really wanted to. It really isn't worth withholding the source code over the benefits that may come from people contributing.

    Also, previous revisions of this emulator had source codes of which were publicly available. You could bring an old source code up to standard with 1.13 by comparing a decompiled variant to a real variant.

    Just my two cents.
    Signatures are bad
    Irony is great

  12. #1092
    Death from above! The General is offline
    DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,235Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Yeah. I am well aware but the thing is I want to make it easier for people to share their contributions by having them use the plugin system. When it was still open source, nobody really contributed anyways (except a couple people) and people would message me on skype / discord two or three times a day asking how to install java and to edit the source code. And I would ask them what are you going to do with it and 99% would answer that they want to learn Java but thats the problem, you dont need the source code to learn Java and reading the source code won't teach you anything.

    No, the people that know what they are doing can easily use the plugin system to implement their features as the plugin system is nothing more than a fancy entrypoint in the emulator. And if people really want to dick around in the source code so they can claim some sort of authorship (first thing usually done is :about menu renamed), there are plenty of open source alternatives including a bunch of Java emulators like Sierra, IDK and Comet. And if you want to learn how to program C# or Java, just take a coursera or udacity course. Or just study Computer Science. You will learn it faster with way better resources.

    People have made great stuff with it like @Joopie with his notification feed and I recall people making HTML overlays for the youtube player, custom alerts and even battle ball, call of duty and oldskool battleships games. There is no real limitation to what you can do.

    If this community had more respect for eachothers work (really it has gone down hill around 2013), I am sure it wouldnt be what it is now. People would be more open to share and contribute but unfortunately its not the case, its just full with people trying to make a quick buck, scamming hotel owners with their 'amazing' emulator and generally just a lot of disrespect for eachothers work. And unfortunately its still happening. I still get messages from hotel owners that were scammed by certain people saying how they spend a couple hundred bucks on an emulator and were just ignored. As long as these individuals are around, retros will just slowly die out.

    Its not detrimental. Infact I think it has greatly helped make Arcturus what it is and benefitted hotel owners. They no longer need to keep an eye out on forums for individual snippets that were released, having to integrate that into their own emulator build it and stuff like that. Arcturus is just there, it gets updated and you can easily upgrade your hotel. This way hotel owners can focus more on their hotel, configuring parts to their liking and spend less time worrying about their emulator being behind critical bugs. And I think interaction between hotel owners has been improved as they report bugs together, provide input together on subjects to improve, add or change.

    I am really happy for what Arcturus has become. Its been in development for a long time (almost 4 years!) and its all thanks to the hotel owners and their players that it is what it is today.
    Last edited by The General; 07-06-18 at 05:29 PM.
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ (You can ask help here regarding Arcturus :love)

  13. #1093
    Oldskool Resurrector Navine is offline
      V.I.P  Rank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,330Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    @The General amen. I haven't even read everything but the things you mention are all valid. I think Arcturus is (one of) the best thing(s) of the past few years, since all the HabboLatino bullcrap came. And yes - I include my own old bullcrap too because I do realize it was SHIT as well. I'm glad there are still people who do something for this community even though it's dying in a way.

    You get 2 cookies. One for the wise words and one for Arcturus :)

  14. #1094
    Hardcore Member ElMayor is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    114Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    It's a very stable and fast response emulator, but it's not ready for public hotels. Many of habbo's features on this emulator are bugged or half coded. Thats why 90% of hotels that use this emu dont get that popular, they under 100 users online. Wireds needs a lot work, so are the items functions.

  15. #1095
    ส็็็็็็็ Bloodraven is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    AntarcticaLocation
    2,513Posts

    Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.13.0

    Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Yeah. I am well aware but the thing is I want to make it easier for people to share their contributions by having them use the plugin system. When it was still open source, nobody really contributed anyways (except a couple people) and people would message me on skype / discord two or three times a day asking how to install java and to edit the source code. And I would ask them what are you going to do with it and 99% would answer that they want to learn Java but thats the problem, you dont need the source code to learn Java and reading the source code won't teach you anything.

    No, the people that know what they are doing can easily use the plugin system to implement their features as the plugin system is nothing more than a fancy entrypoint in the emulator. And if people really want to dick around in the source code so they can claim some sort of authorship (first thing usually done is :about menu renamed), there are plenty of open source alternatives including a bunch of Java emulators like Sierra, IDK and Comet. And if you want to learn how to program C# or Java, just take a coursera or udacity course. Or just study Computer Science. You will learn it faster with way better resources.

    People have made great stuff with it like @Joopie with his notification feed and I recall people making HTML overlays for the youtube player, custom alerts and even battle ball, call of duty and oldskool battleships games. There is no real limitation to what you can do.

    If this community had more respect for eachothers work (really it has gone down hill around 2013), I am sure it wouldnt be what it is now. People would be more open to share and contribute but unfortunately its not the case, its just full with people trying to make a quick buck, scamming hotel owners with their 'amazing' emulator and generally just a lot of disrespect for eachothers work. And unfortunately its still happening. I still get messages from hotel owners that were scammed by certain people saying how they spend a couple hundred bucks on an emulator and were just ignored. As long as these individuals are around, retros will just slowly die out.

    Its not detrimental. Infact I think it has greatly helped make Arcturus what it is and benefitted hotel owners. They no longer need to keep an eye out on forums for individual snippets that were released, having to integrate that into their own emulator build it and stuff like that. Arcturus is just there, it gets updated and you can easily upgrade your hotel. This way hotel owners can focus more on their hotel, configuring parts to their liking and spend less time worrying about their emulator being behind critical bugs. And I think interaction between hotel owners has been improved as they report bugs together, provide input together on subjects to improve, add or change.

    I am really happy for what Arcturus has become. Its been in development for a long time (almost 4 years!) and its all thanks to the hotel owners and their players that it is what it is today.
    Fair enough, my views were basically what I thought it looked like walking in after a good 3-4 year absence.

    But back in 2014 when I said fuck it and just stopped giving a shit about Habbo the community as you said was... going downhill, truth is nobody here has ever respected another's work.

    But Arcturus is a pretty cool project from what I know of it so far, back in 2014 I never thought we'd have something not based on the old UberEmulator formula again. Especially not public, a few emulators are private but supposedly impressive.
    Signatures are bad
    Irony is great



Advertisement