The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,816Posts

Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.7.0

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by Poiesz View Post
    Awesome!

BTW: Do you have any plans to code the jukebox?
    Eventually.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

Alpha MaleRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Vault 111Location
    2,336Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Just trying to prevent:

People renaming. Dont wamt a butterfly 2.0 / bcstorm whatever happening.
    Prevent people from crying that my updates broke their code. Changes to the API are kept to a minimum.

With the plugin API you can easily share your commands and other plugins with your friends without having to go into the source code at all. Even people that have no experience in programming can just drop a jar in the plugins folder and it works. I am trying to keep it simple.

My point is; I wanted to keep it closed so that would not happen but some people here could not respect that and started decompiling it as they are disrespectfull assholes. So I decide to release the source and all I am asking is to add your shitty gangbang commands via the plugin API.

I dont mind if people make modifications in order to controbute to the project. I just fucking hate it that the first thing some people do is edit the :about menu and delete everything and put <shitty hotel emulator 2.0> there. Its disrespectful, disgusting and overal highly immature. If you are a disrespectful ass then dont use it and use something else. Plenty of alternatives.

Guess AGPL has that extra clause that I manually added.

But yeah. Its most brazilian / spanish and Dutch hotels that want to have their emulator named after their hotel.

/rant

Will be releasing 1.8.0 later today. Stay tuned for some amazing updates. Big thank you to everyone that has supported this project. And a big thank you to everyone that has reported issues on bitbucket or contributed otherwise :)
    Not sure why that has to be a rant? I was asking genuine questions old friend.

Anyway, the AGPL wont stop renamings and is yet still too restrictive. If I change minor things for my hotel that nobody cares about now everyone can get my hard worked changed, based on licensing requirements if you have to post your modifications you are forced to rename it to avoid confusion of the original codebase and your modified codebase this is baked into the GPL from what I remember.

I'm not trying to be a douche or anything, but licensing must be clear before using it. I personally prefer the MIT License.

You can add your own clause to it that is carefully defined while you're still lead developer then whoever takes lead next can make it plain old MIT or something otherwise you're going to have a cumbersome license you can't enforce. Anyway best of luck, thanks for answering my questions, I hope you consider licensing a lot more in the future.

The AGPL still doesn't help you btw, with the odd restrictions of telling people not to edit the server source those violate the entire ideals behind both the GPL and the AGPL.

Guess we need more MIT licensed servers.

~ Moogly

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,816Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogly View Post

~ Moogly
    Not going to waste time on shit nobody respects anyways. So this helps and people've told me so far that it actually helps to do all modifications via the plugin api. No need to hassle with git updates and merges and stuff. :P Easy to share your plugins etc.

Anyway, I've postponed 1.8.0 till tomorrow. A couple small issues have come up and I want to resolve those first before releasing it. Thanks for everyone's patience

@Jmandupree Would you be willing to update your previously released catalog? That'd be really appreciated by me and everyone else that is starting a hotel and want a quality catalog.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,816Posts

Arcturus 1.8.0 Is Here

This update is further to iron out previous bugs. A whole lot of bugs have been squashed and most notable change is to WIREDS. Wired's have been completely changed and now work like Habbo. It is no longer possible to create infinite loops (Feel free to try). Also the extra wired Random and Random Unseen have been added. Call stacks now properly works and instead of selecting a wired trigger box you should just select a regular furniture (Or wired furniture, it doesn't matter).

Also Monster plants now properly show in the inventory. Where previously they just looked like a black image, that's no longer the case.

A lot of small errors have been fixed. Mostly related to the previous pathfinder update from 1.7.0. Also the rollers have been slightly improved and some issues with the floorplan and stairs been resolved.

The API has been overhauled and a lot of things have been added. I'm still working on adding more helper methods to simplify certain parts so it makes it easier to use the API. Please read the changelog below to see all changes.

Please let me know if there are any issues. Report them on the bitbucket repository.

Full changelog 1.7.0 -> 1.8.0

Code:
    API / RCON
    API: Added parameter in Room class called allowEffects to determine if effects are allowed.
    API: Added register(key, value) method to the ConfigurationManager.
    API: Added register(key, value) method to the TextsManager.
    API: Added String fullName (product_name) to Item object. Updated: You can no longer stack furniture in the door.
    API: Added UserCreditsEvent. Triggered when habbo.giveCredits() is used.
    API: Added UserPointsEvent. Triggered when habbo.givePoints() / habbo.givePixels() is used.
    API: Added UserRelationShipEvent. Triggered when a relationship is changed.
    API: Helper method addBadge(String code) added to the Habbo class. Creates and adds a badge to the inventory and updates it in the client.
    API: Helper method addBot(Bot bot) added  to Habbo class. Adds a Bot to the inventory and updates it in the client.
    API: Helper method addFurniture(HabboItem item) / addFurniture(THashSet<HabboItem> items) added to Habbo class. Adds a furniture to the inventory and updates it to the client.
    API: Helper method addPet(Pet pet) added to the Habbo class. Adds a pet to the inventory and updates it in the client.
    API: Helper method deleteBadge(HabboBadge badge) added to the Habbo class. Deletes a badge from the database and inventory and updates it in the client.
    API: Helper method deleteBot(Bot bot) added to the Habbo class. Deletes a bot from the database including removing it from the room and inventory.
    API: Helper method remove(Pet pet) added to the Habbo class. Removes a pet from the inventory and updates it in the client.
    API: Helper method removeBot(Bot bot) added to the Habbo class. Removes a Bot from the inventory and updates it in the client.
    API: Helper method removeFurniture(HabboItem item) added to Habbo class. Removes a furniture from the inventory and updates it in the client.
    RCON: Added FriendRequest RCON Message
    RCON: Added sendroombundle RCON command.
    RCON Now uses user_id for any command that used to take username as parameter to prevent further confusion between the different commands.
    Made some attributes protected in WiredEffectWhisper for easily extending and making new wireds without copying a buttload of code.
    Changed RCON key executecmd to executecommand.

Updated
    Update Crackables: Owner of the crackable reward furniture is set to the crackable furniture owner, not the room owner.
    Updated Bots inventory component now gets emptied by the empty command.
    Updated credits/pixels/points/masscredits/masspixels/masspoints command to use habbo.giveCredits/ etc. respectively.
    Updated pathfinder to no longer stand in chairs or beds when quickly pressing a different tile.
    Updated pathfinder to recalculate part of the path after it has been changed.
    Updated petinfo command
    Updated Pets inventory component now gets emptied by the empty command.
    Updated RCON Set Rank Command.
    Updated rollers so avatars don't get rolled when there is furniture on the next roller.
    Updated Wired Condition BattleBanzai Game Active to show the window.
    Updated Wired Condition Freeze Game Active to show the window.
    Updated Wired Condition Not Battle Banzai Game Active to show the window.
    Updated Wired Condition Not Freeze Game Active to show the window.
    Update GameTimers to default to wiredgame if available. Otherwise their respective game type.
    Looks for monsterplants get properly drawn in the inventory. Need to recode the system to make it dynamic.
    Recoded Wireds. 100% like Habbo (No longer a la retro)
    Permanently fixed rollers.
    Triggering wireds won't stack effects anymore.

Added
    Added: HotelAlertLink (:hal <url> <message>) command.
    Added automatic stopping of the game if all players have left.
    Added automatic topic handling. Thanks @Beny.
    Added cooldown to roomchat and private chat. Just like on Habbo. Anything said between the cooldown is not displayed or handled.
    Added cooldown to wired effects. Defaults to 1 room cycle.
    Added effect option to WiredBotEffectClothes. Add \\effect: to the name.
    Added error message for incompatible wired effects with their triggers.
    Added error message for incompatible wired triggers with their effects.
    Added message when a monsterplant gets treated.
    Added optional [username] parameter for the enable effect command. Requires permission acc_enable_others to be set.
    Added RCON UpdateUser. For now contains only achievement_score. Can add more upon request.
    Added room_id to the camera_web table.
    Added wf_act_move_furni_to. Moves the triggering furniture to the vicinity of the selected furniture.
    Added When a user is banned, the CFH Topic gets logged.
    Added Wired Extra Random wf_xtra_random
    Added Wired Extra Unseen wf_xtra_unseen
    Added WiredGame which is what Wired Join Team will use.
    Monsterplants now show the message when 'treated'

Fixed
    Fixed: Idling animation now properly shows again.
    Fixed: Room bundles now check if you have not reached the room limit yet.
    Fixed achievements not properly showing the update bubble.
    Fixed bug in Guide tour where the session would not get detached clientside.
    Fixed bug in ModToolBanEvent wrong header. Will be removed in next release. Use ModToolSanctionBanEvent for now.
    Fixed catalog automatically closing.
    Fixed disconnect from InteractionFootballScoreboard
    Fixed door tile being reset to 0/0
    Fixed football game.
    Fixed football goals disconnecting.
    Fixed guild gate closing when being moved.
    Fixed Guilds not always showing on the profile.
    Fixed infinite loop in wired callstacks.
    Fixed interaction dice spamming. Just like on Habbo the use button does not work.
    Fixed InteractionFootballGoals.
    Fixed InteractionTeleportTile better animation.
    Fixed machineban and superbanning.
    Fixed nullpointer exception when viewing someones profile that is logging in.
    Fixed pets walking to a black square.
    Fixed possible error in InteractionFootball. API: Added RoomUnitEffect enum, usefull for plugin developers to quickly find effect IDs.
    Fixed RCON forwarduser not being removed from the room. Added rank check to ipban, machineban and superban command. Fixed goals not loading as the correct type.
    Fixed removing guild.
    Fixed searching for marketplace items now on items_base.product_name instead of items_base.item_name
    Fixed Setrank will now update the online user AND update the rank in the database regardless if the user is online or not.
    Fixed stairs not rendering correctly in rooms with incorrect paint.
    Fixed teleporters not properly setting the location of the player.
    Fixed teleporter walking into black.
    Fixed walking in black for vendingmachines.
    Fixed Wired WiredMatchFurni not properly loading.

Removed
    Removed debug json from the room thumbnail event.
    Removed PathFinder class.
    Thank you to everyone that has been making bug reports and those who have been requesting new features!

All information can be found on the bitbucket page: https://bitbucket.org/Wesley12312/arcturus including a download to the latest compiled version.

Report bugs here: https://bitbucket.org/Wesley12312/arcturus/issues/new (One bug at a time please!)
    Request new features here: https://bitbucket.org/Wesley12312/arcturus/issues/new (One feature at a time please)

If you update from a previous build, run all update SQLs till 1.8.0

Please drop a like to show your support, if you have questions or other things you want to talk about feel free to add me on skype

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    26Posts

Nice updates Wesley!
    Keep up the good work.

Arcturus is getting better and better...

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,816Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KROKET14 View Post
    Nice updates Wesley!
    Keep up the good work.

Arcturus is getting better and better...
    No problem :)

MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    24Posts

It's a very great emulator, and I'm also happy that it gets updates.

PS: Do you plan to code citizenship and forums in it?

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,816Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roveral View Post
    It's a very great emulator, and I'm also happy that it gets updates.

PS: Do you plan to code citizenship and forums in it?
    Talenttrack has been implemented. Will look into the restricted trading thing.

And yes forums is what I am going to focus on for the next update :)

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    0Posts

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for making this i've been watching the progress for years and i am enjoying the results on my private hosted hotel.

I will be dedicating my time now to make a catalogue that emulates habbo as of now.
    If anyone would like :)
    Thanks
    Iscream
    Last edited by iscream1993; 08-06-17 at 05:26 PM.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,816Posts

@Quackster mind changing the thread title to 1.8.0 :)?

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    Brazil / BrasilLocation
    63Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iscream1993 View Post
    Just wanted to say a huge thank you for making this i've been watching the progress for years and i am enjoying the results on my private hosted hotel.

I will be dedicating my time now to make a catalogue that emulates habbo as of now.
    If anyone would like :)
    Thanks
    Iscream
    Need create account in the website to use arcturus emulator?

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,816Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vcoc View Post
    Need create account in the website to use arcturus emulator?
    No? It says in big letters download compiled version.

Too bad mental censors my domain, otherwise I wouldve linked you to a direct download.

MemberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    76Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    No? It says in big letters download compiled version.

Too bad mental censors my domain, otherwise I wouldve linked you to a direct download.
    bro add table server_status for status players online etc..?

MemberRank
    Feb 2011 Join Date
    BelgiumLocation
    136Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MichaeelS View Post
    bro add table server_status for status players online etc..?
    "Bro", use a SELECT COUNT(id) on the users table where column online is set to '1'...

MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    24Posts

Re: Arcturus Emulator 1.8.0

I have a question, since the new 1.8.0 update we can't spam anymore in chat. There's a little delay in it now.
    Where can I disable it? I don't prefer the delay. Thanks.

Advertisement