Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I hope y'all really understands how the original Habbo camera works. So well, let's go on over this, and let uncle Claudio explain how the camera system works.

Basically in the moment you take the "Selfie" the Habbo Client sends a packet containing a jSON. This jSON basically describes all the assets that together create the final image. The jSON will contain information of each sprite, including position (X, Y, Z), colours, wallpapers, Habbo's, and etc.

Working with the jSON generation, it's more secure, since it totally makes scripting impossible, in the meaning of defacing and adding unintentional or not related content. Of course, you can change the pieces of the jSON to make a custom image, but that's it. And that's not an exploit, you're just sending different arguments toe the script.

The script works in the following way:
1. The jSON contains the Room Id, Timestamp and User Id
2. The jSON also contains information of all the sprites and their positions and variations.
3. The image is generated by combining all those pieces.
4. An image is saved by using the combination of the Timestamp and Room Id.
5. The Script returns to the Server the final file name.

Why this method is harder to make it succeed? Like everything, you had to reverse engineering Habbo's Camera Server, by making different combinations of the jSON.

Also you would have to extract all the assets from the Habbo.swf and the hof_furni folder. Also you had to extract them in a very specific file naming.

So, basically that's a hell of a work. It's literally more easier modding the Habbo.swf to send in the packet a PNG/JPEG stream containing the final result. And the reason is obvious, security. By allowing to the Emulator/Server to receive any kind of PNG/JPEG chunk/stream in the Packet, you're able to literally send any kind of image. It's basically impossible to do filtering or validation on these scenarios. Of course, I'm not giving the possibility that you would add some TensorFlow libraries and add some MachineLearning and Image pattern recognition on your Emulator, because, well. That's using Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer) on a little ant.

So that's why Habbo created this way. The jSON one. As far I remember I was the only one that actually created a successful implementation of it. But if I recall correctly, Wesley also created his own Habbo Camera Server in Java, for Arcturus. He never shared. But his implementation was literally amazing. Since he could use the advantages of Java Image manipulation libraries.

On my side, I was doing it with PHPs builtin image manipulation libraries, that suck. Since I wanted to make an easy library that anyone could use. If I added Imagick for example as a requisite, almost no one would have used that script. Since it requires custom installation and PHP library installation.

Sorry for the big off-topic. Here's an invisible potato.

About this release. Great work for the team. I hope the project goes on indefinitely and brings back the nostalgia of collaboration and open source.

TL;DR: PNGCamera it's not a good thing. But still a lot more easier.

Thanks for the heads-up. I really thought the camera wasn't a big deal to make but I can understand why PNG camera stuff is made. I still am against using work-arounds out of laziness (if I can call it that) of reverse engineering. Thus, I really hope somebody would someday take time to reverse engineer it and create a safe...-r camera system.

Of course, I still have hopes for this project. As long as the rest is implemented the right way I think we can't complain as community.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. I really thought the camera wasn't a big deal to make but I can understand why PNG camera stuff is made. I still am against using work-arounds out of laziness (if I can call it that) of reverse engineering. Thus, I really hope somebody would someday take time to reverse engineer it and create a safe...-r camera system.

Of course, I still have hopes for this project. As long as the rest is implemented the right way I think we can't complain as community.
Thanks for your thoughts. Actually I made that. But it's lot on the internet, since the original repo was deleted.

It seems that I found one of the old versions here:

Thanks Scott, for having a mirror of it :)

This script is almost 4 years old. Still has a good engineering and math effort on it :)

Here's an example of the jSON send by the Habbo Client (SWF):

Reaction score

Its apain in the butt to code. I dreaded to make it but too many people requested it hence why I was like: Okay I make it but you gotta give me something in return for the nightmares this caused.

Mine is okay ish. There is still a lot to improve but I really cannot make it more extended without killing performance. Floors are just a pain in the butt I havent figured out yet. I know what needs to be done to have it render properly but I still cant quite get it right.

As for scripting protection yeah it is easier to protect compared to a regular picture via pngcamera.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its apain in the butt to code. I dreaded to make it but too many people requested it hence why I was like: Okay I make it but you gotta give me something in return for the nightmares this caused.

Mine is okay ish. There is still a lot to improve but I really cannot make it more extended without killing performance. Floors are just a pain in the butt I havent figured out yet. I know what needs to be done to have it render properly but I still cant quite get it right.

As for scripting protection yeah it is easier to protect compared to a regular picture via pngcamera.

I've never taken a look in it (properly), I've seen the JSON a bit before somewhere but that's all; I do understand though how annoying it can be to figure out. I do have mad respect for those who are able to (reverse engineering isn't my strong point, neither is it my biggest interest). Yeah, performance is essential, though it depends on how much things wouldn't go right when creating an image without those improvements. It's a matter of picking between performance and completeness, and then it all depends on the performance (lets say it would take more than 5 seconds longer I can understand, but barely 1 second isn't worth to not improve over).

Anyways, @ all moderators; sorry for going off-topic (IF this is considered off-topic); I thought this is still in a way related to the topic.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, great to read this topic,

I have been impressed since the introduction.
Does this mean that the emulator is Open Source, is the PNG Camera working? I dont have great experience with a Emulator update, is it easy to update? Finally, which CMSs are working with this emulator?

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They could pass a cms for this emulator, Thanks a great greeting.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good evening, thank you for the project, I'm using my hotel.My doubts are as follows:I put the plug in the source and I got a camera, but that's a mistake in that part:

94ptBd2 - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

and in the emulator, this error appears:

hAKbsdb - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

otherwise, the camera works normally. I look forward to any help ...
otherwise, the camera works normally. I look forward to any help ...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Normally I'd post this in the dev thread as it isn't a stable release, however updating is recommended to to it patching the Pathfinder issue, where you could crash hotels by spamming invalid tiles with an autoclicker (also happened in arcturus 1.18 and below)

Download:

NOTE: BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE RUNNING THE UPDATE SQL. DO NOT RUN THE UPDATE SQL TWICE.

ARCTURUS MORNINGSTAR

This is the first release candidate for Arcturus Morningstar 2.1.0. Updating is recommended due to the Pathfinder bug from Stable being fixed.

Build Hash: f7448b26cdc521c3ebf01fecf945d43d

Important Information:
Make a backup of your database before updating to RC-1 and running the update scripts, especially the items table. There is a new logic in game teams, so it is important to test all wireds related to games and games themselves. Especially wireds that allow you to set a predetermined team and that were set up before the update should be tested. These wireds are: wf_act_give_score_tm, wf_act_join_team, wf_cnd_actor_in_team and wf_cnd_not_in_team. ONLY RUN THE UPDATE SQL ONCE! The script is modifying your existing items and running it more than once will break it.

Changes in 2.1.0 RC-1

[NEW FEATURES]

New Achievements Coded, see Achievement Updates for more Information
Pets can now swim
Saved Searches in the navigator
New Pathfinder! - Thanks Quadral!
[ACHIEVEMENT UPDATES]

Added MusicPlayer Achievement
Added RoomDecoFurniTypeCount Achievement
Added Guild Forum Moderation Achievements
Added Game Related Achievements
Added Ice Tag Achievements
Added Bunny Tag Achievements
[FIXES]

Optimization on Wired Teleport
Reset state on creation for special interactions
Fix Banzai game not ending on all tiles locked
Fix Timers running twice
Added walking onto InteractionInformationTerminal
Fixed Deleting photos
Removed unnecessary NuxAlertComposer from InteractionInformationTerminal (is done clientside)
Added animation delay to WiredEffectTeleport
Fixed all users able to modify guild furniture states
Make Battle Banzai Teleports work like habbo
Remove dancing status when walking onto a bed or chair
Unidle users when WIRED:Show Message is triggered
Remove user rights when a group is created in the room
Fixed wrong guild furni extradata
Added unidle when clicked to walk to any spot
Send correct amount of pending group members
Fix Pet stay command, pets now only 'stay' for 120 seconds.
Added GiveUserClothing RCON command
Fixed Pet ActionPlayFootball
Added missing Statuses to RoomUnitStatus
Fixed users walking to the correct tile on beds
Fixed MySQLDataTruncation in HabboItem = Fixed bots waving while greeting a user
Made users not 'unidle' when turning
Fixed saving room settings with password locked Rooms
Added my friends category to my world in navigator
Make Popular groups show in 'top hotel' Rooms
Fixed Pet Scratch to give happiness instead of experience
Fixed pages on group members
Fix 'navigator loading' after deleting a room with it open
Fix Bot naming
Prevent 'too big' z positions
Fixed the pathfinder bug where spam clicking an invalid tile caused your memory and cpu to spike
Fixed the pathfinder bug where long complicated paths weren't calculated
Merged game timers into one interaction game_timer
Made Game timers load times from customparams
Added Youtube TV Related emulator fixes (Surprise for this coming soon!)
Match GameTeamColors with Habbo
Fixed Game Team Wireds
Fixed moodlights turning on and off
Added delay to teleport tiles (like habbo)
Added trigger onwalkon for teleport tiles AFTER a teleport
[OTHER]

Updated Netty. Fixes "event executor terminated" error
Major refactoring of the sourcecode.
Credits to the following people for reporting bugs to Arcturus Morningstar, we wouldn't be anything without you!

Kitt Mustang
Pietro Giuseppe D'Amico
Jesús Hernández
Robson Nascimento
Michaeldavid
ynniV
Hackerman
Lucas Gundelach
Begin
SenpaiDipper
Ridge
As always, Credits to Beny, John, Alejandro, Harmony, Quadral and all bug testers and people who've helped... and last but certainly not least TheGeneral.

Cheers for Arcturus.

Screenshots of the new pathfinder:

[Running using NGH's database, hence why Memory is so high, due to the large database size.)
Harmonic - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

Harmonic - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hola, alguien podría ayudarme a instalar arcturus morningstar en mi server. Mi inglés no es muy bueno y hay muchas cosas que no entiendo gracias.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, while I was meant to update this with 2.1.0, an important bug was found, and while some were already running 2.1.0 we decided to push this small fix as 2.1.1!

Build Hash: d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

Important Information:
Please report all bugs on our git, here at Krews, instead of the discord! Thankyou!

Changes in 2.1.1 STABLE

[FIXES]

Fixed Pet Leveling
Made Banzai Pucks work on all floors, not just banzai tiles (Like Habbo)
Remove Bot Effects after Teleporting
Added Max Length to Private Messages
Fixed Room Moderation Achievements
Fixed the config option for toggling if public rooms are shown in the 'all rooms' tab
Fixed Gift Buying
Fixed Wired Reward Message breaking subsequent chats
Added youtube playlist command, and fixed the update command
Fixed NullPointerException when creating a room bundle
Fix Team Wired
Fixed invalid characters being usable in the floorplan editor.
Credits to the following people for reporting bugs to Arcturus Morningstar, we wouldn't be anything without you!

Kitt Mustang
Pietro Giuseppe D'Amico
Jesús Hernández
Robson Nascimento
Michaeldavid
ynniV
Hackerman
Lucas Gundelach
Begin
SenpaiDipper
Ridge
As always, Credits to Beny, John, Alejandro, Harmony, Quadral and all bug testers and people who've helped... and last but certainly not least TheGeneral.

Cheers for Arcturus.

Download:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
2.2.0 RC-1 has been released!

ARCTURUS MORNINGSTAR

Download :

Introducing 2.2.0 RC-1. One of the most significant updates to Arcturus Morningstar so far, as always, thankyou for reporting bugs, and thankyou to everyone who sends our developers bug fixes. Please ensure you test everything here,

Build Hash: UNKNOWN

Important Information: Please report all bugs on our git, here at Krews, instead of the discord! Thankyou!

Changes in 2.2.0 RC-1

[NEW FEATURES]

Currency Timers are now per rank, instead of in config.
New GOTW Currency Timer
[FIXES]

Highscore Wired now works
Saved Searches are now chronological
Vouchers now have limits and amounts
Games now dispose correctly on room disposal
Fixed flooding when using Wired
Floor Plan Editor Exploit
Fixed Commands in console
Calendar is Now Fixed (Credits to ItsGiuseppe)
Reporting photos now works
Fixed Parent Page not found for null (ID: 0) bug
Fixed changing usernames to your own Name
Minor NullPointerException Fixes
Guild Badges Updating Fixed
Pet Teleporting to the next space when walking Fixed
Monsterplant death status is now stored in the database
Fix Game Tag effects
Show Pending Membership requests to admins, as well as owners
Add Equiping clothing when walking on a furni
Kitt Mustang Pietro Giuseppe D'Amico Jesús Hernández Robson Nascimento Michaeldavid ynniV Hackerman Lucas Gundelach Begin SenpaiDipper Ridge

As always, Credits to Alejandro, John, Beny, Harmony, Quadral, ItsGiuseppe and all bug testers and people who've helped... and last but certainly not least TheGeneral.

Cheers for Arcturus.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Do i need an extra website for this? The Server runs smooth but i cant open 127.0.0.1

Hm i cant get this to work. I think i need web files. I got Wulles SWF files but do i need more?

Last edited:
Back