Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C#][Beta] Habb0TTP: Webserver with CMS all in one language!

I don't even know
Loyal Member
Reaction score
can you upload the .sql file?

Just use any R63 Pre Shuffle/Old Crypto/R63a emulator with the db given with it.

Right! I forgot. Hey people, wake up! It's '14, Linux is the future of computing! (hence 99% of the Internet is hosted on Linux servers)

Oh and for anyone who thinks Linux can't be user friendly and beautiful, let me make a screenshot of my laptop.
(still having issues with DPI scaling and yes; i'm freaking blind)
img1
img2
img3

I demand change. We need more servers built for scale and preferably the linux platform. Linux is cheap, scales well and is easy to use. (plenty of tutorials on the web these days, also there is 'man', a really handy command)

Which version of Linux is that?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
At least, you can create a release for Linux too with MonoDevelop no?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
On topic: Pointless release- Apache: VirtualHosts allows you to put more web's under several domain names in the same apache server.

Linux is amazing...

On topic: Real innovation!

Off topic: Apache on windows can do exactly the same, the point is that Linux is for professional people who knows what they are doing. And it is faster because Microsoft never updates Ethernet Adapters + Linux does not have all the mess like windows does. D:

Does Mono already have support for high-performance SocketAsyncEventArgs?

It does if you know how it works... lol!

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
While I appreciate the project. I think you were in the right direction, I suggest still trying to use ASP.NET, you could share classes between the server and the cms. Maybe whatever is in common turn it into a common library project that both can share. The issue here being that not everyone will 'appreciate' your CMS being in C#. There are alternate ways to synchronize server data with the CMS such as a ReSTful service that is hidden to the end-user, but behind the scenes allows you to update things in the server and the client, in fact, it would be possible to code a housekeeping, entirely in JavaScript with this approach. Imagine you could upload your housekeeping anywhere, including running it off your own computer, and no "hacker" could simple exploit it, considering it's client-sided. There's plenty of lovely ideas to do. Nobody ever saw but in my fork of Butterfly I had a "Housekeeping" ReST service running based off of Nancy which is based off of Sinatra for Ruby and similar frameworks (Flask on Python).

The beauty of programming is the endless possibilities to what you can do. Good job for aspiring for creativity. I just suggest you research a little more into such projects. It's never good to host the server with the web server. If someone with enough firepower downs your web server, your emulator is down. If someone downs your emulator, your website is down. I would know, I co-owned a large scale hotel for months, it's not fun.

Edit:

Mono is horrible, you can code Mono from Windows mind you (it brings .NET to deprecated versions of Windows). It's not all that great however.

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't really think this is a good idea due to several reasons.
First of all, you make another single point of failure (consider the database one already, but you can put up clusters, etc.). So you cannot easily restart your webserver process without taking everything down. Everything would also just die if your cms or gameserver threw an exception. There are some people that prefer running their CMS and gameserver on separate servers.
Secondly, you are trying to invent something that is already well implemented in other services. It is pretty much the same as trying to write your own database server and having it running together with the server. Josh really wanted me to write a webserver in C# a while back ago, all until I explained to him that there is no use as the webservers are "as fast as they can get" and the real bottleneck when people loaded the websites was in the network and disk IO and not in the actual web-server software.
Thirdly, you do not follow standards and you are making your own system from scratch. Barely anyone in this forum would be able to edit your cms. The fact that you are making your own webserver from scratch means there could be tons of stuff in there you have not even thought about or knew was possible that would make it vulnerable to tons of attacks.
You might be better off having the cms and the gameserver in separate applications. And sure, you may write a server that is a bit faster than IIS. Your server might only be a simple "hello world" http server application, while IIS is far far more than just that. I would suggest looking into ASP.NET if you're into C# web development.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
On another note, we're not posting negatively to discourage you, just to let you know why you might not want this approach. If you rather have a C# CMS you're better off making it it's own project, and like I said, share any commonly used libraries, at least then you could take down the CMS when you need to, or the server when you need to, and even host one or the other independently on different machines. I recommend you reconsider using ASP.NET with MVC4 but that's all your decision though. You could still do the things you're doing with a separate ASP .NET CMS, if you need advise feel free to contact me.

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Very innovative and that's a great way to test out your skills in C# is to create something that's never been done! The troubleshooting, creation, and the learning along the way must have made it to be a great project for ya. Well done.

@all experienced coders providing help

Thank you for posting your help to azaidi as I'm learning a lot too just from the conversation :p:. This is how Ragezone used to be years back, lots of people helping people and good positive vibes! Makes me happy to see. Cheers!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
tried to run .exe all i get is .exe has stopped responding and needs to shutdown :/ secondly is my antivirus is saying file is infected as well.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
tried to run .exe all i get is .exe has stopped responding and needs to shutdown :/ secondly is my antivirus is saying file is infected as well.
Uknow that alot of .exe files is false positive, mine antivirus ask me to allow all .exe files and i dont think that Azaidi would put a virus in anything

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well i uploaded file to virustotal it said 20 out of 55 antivirus is reporting this file as infected

so either code is known as usage in real virus so these 20 antivirus reports this file is infected while code is maybe not even harmful idk :/

Secondly i did get it to work later but next issue was when you submit registration it keept throwing MYSQL error codes, do i need the MYSQL ODBC connector to make it use remote MYSQL database thats not on my pc?

Reaction score
well i uploaded file to virustotal it said 20 out of 55 antivirus is reporting this file as infected

so either code is known as usage in real virus so these 20 antivirus reports this file is infected while code is maybe not even harmful idk :/

Secondly i did get it to work later but next issue was when you submit registration it keept throwing MYSQL error codes, do i need the MYSQL ODBC connector to make it use remote MYSQL database thats not on my pc?

It's a false positive mate...
Anyway, azaidi you forgot the Database... Or I'm wrong? I can't find anywhere... I have an project in mind which I expect use this...

Excellent release man!

I don't even know
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's a false positive mate...
Anyway, azaidi you forgot the Database... Or I'm wrong? I can't find anywhere... I have an project in mind which I expect use this...

Excellent release man!

Just use a phoenix database or something with the same structures. If it works with boostcms it works with this. Basically any database should work if you import the cms_news (and cms_comments) from a phoenix db.

Back