Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Butterfly Emulator r107 (Codename: buttercraft) [.NET Core:Win|Linux|macOS]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings RaGEZONE,

My name is Naeng also known as Various, whom to be the current overlord and god of Habbo.VG after Josh's disappearance.

r107 is an iteration of the official 105 release where the main highlight is the added support for non-Windows platforms through .NET Core. Butterfly Emulator is much recognized for being a stable emulator and was during a time ahead of most other emulators in terms of how many users it could support and which feature it was able to emulate. With this release, we are again bringing Butterfly ahead of the curve by being (most likely) the first C# emulator with support for .NET Core. r106 was never released as it was mainly a small patch release of r106 with XML configuration that was more ugly than the .ini configuration bfly (and other bfly-based emus) use.

How to start
Prerequisites: To build the source, you will need to have installed for your platform. Which platforms you can run bfly on is limited to which platforms .NET Core supports. You will also need to have a MySQL database setup with the database 'mainframe.sql' imported in it.

Open a terminal and cd to the 'ButterflyEmulator' directory. Then run 'dotnet build'. This will build bfly binaries in 'ButterflyEmulator/bin/Debug/netcoreapp2.0'. After this, copy the settings folder from 'ButterflyEnvironment/Config' and put it together with the generated binary files. You should then have a directory 'ButterflyEmulator/bin/Debug/netcoreapp2.0/Settings' that will contain JSON configuration files for the emulator. In this directory, open 'Configuration.json' and update it to fit your database settings. Start the server by running 'dotnet ButterflyEmulator.dll' in the 'netcoreapp2.0' directory.

Goals of bfly r106
* Fix issues from r105
* Enforce better maintainability by refactoring parts of the server code
* Update code to follow standards for the C# programming language when it comes to naming and code formatting
* Refactor unclear, hairy code
* Update the SWF revision
* Add new features​

Goals of bfly r107
* Targeting .NET Core
* Simplification of configuration files
* Cleanup of some major classes​

Preview Screenshot:
Naeng - Butterfly Emulator r107 (Codename: buttercraft) [.NET Core:Win|Linux|macOS] - RaGEZONE Forums

Download:

Checksums:
Code:
MD5 Checksum: D19DAC64E8AE04039DE8367681825FB2 
SHA-1 Checksum: 20E2A08A8524A6017E30470E3E750F877C2AC351
SHA-256 Checksum: 5E1A759B8812D18DF4414F36B49C286BBE61EB9EED6910067E06ACD60913AF0E

Best Regards,
Obbahhost Management​
Naeng - Butterfly Emulator r107 (Codename: buttercraft) [.NET Core:Win|Linux|macOS] - RaGEZONE Forums

NOTE: For support, please contact support@obbahhost.com
2nd NOTE: Sorry for the old thread for being locked. (Original r105: http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/butterfly-emulator-r105-977948/)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What revision does it use? And can you provide some more screenshots of the features.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What revision does it use? And can you provide some more screenshots of the features.

I don't know if you can read but it's our own revision, comparing it with the feature it's from our r105 thread, but there's some change logs in the main post here from 105-107.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some required files for the compilation are missing:
-DatabaseManager.csproj
-ButterflyEmulator.sln
:junglejane::laugh::laugh:

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Some required files for the compilation are missing:
-DatabaseManager.csproj
-ButterflyEmulator.sln
:junglejane::laugh::laugh:

Fixed, thnx for letting us know about this.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't find any working download for butterfly r105's swfs, can u provide us them or at least the revision?

Reaction score

Been a long time since I heard that name FLUTTERING through the forums.

All jokes aside, nice to see this being released to the public, I doubt somebody will use it since it's probably quite outdated, but I guess a good source for somebody to [STRIKE]duck up[/STRIKE] build upon.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

i found the Habbo.swf, ext vars and the old banner on my old backup.

GoodBye

Back