Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Chocolatey CMS - The Habbo.com Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ik i spam this thread but.. saamus all is working fine but cant register or login with old accounts

It's because your old CMS used another method to hash the passwords. For now you'll either have to delete all your users, find a way to change the hashing or wait untill Saamus has made the option to choose the hashing type, as he said in his last reply.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Joorren yes but u cant register a new character too, the google captcha thing dont trust me and think im a robot even if i fixed it on google thing

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've just installed it & try'd to register a new Account...

And yap, i did the captcha lol

In the Database it show's the user entry like this:

But i can't login..

Reaction score
Joorren yes but u cant register a new character too, the google captcha thing dont trust me and think im a robot even if i fixed it on google thing

This would've been great information in your last post, as it it really relevant to the overl0rd to know where you encountered your problem. Have you created your own captcha account and changed all the info in the config-file (that's where I guess you have to configurate it), or haven't you changed that?

How to configurate your reCaptcha:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
One of the best CMS at this moment. I'm going to use this very soon, good job!

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
need help

Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\bootstrap/../vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\bootstrap\app.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\bootstrap/../vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\bootstrap\app.php on line 3
Download the binaries....

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@saamus
Do u have any clue, why the registration don't work, as u can see on my screens?

Greetz,

Reaction score
It's because your old CMS used another method to hash the passwords. For now you'll either have to delete all your users, find a way to change the hashing or wait untill Saamus has made the option to choose the hashing type, as he said in his last reply.
You could wrap your passwords in a Hash::make(md5($password)) like I done with most of my hotels, if @saamus wants compatibility with current-hotels that's the way to go, also by adding a 'is_bcrypt' column to users, so it won't hash the password over itself after being updated.

That being said, hopefully people appreciate just how difficult coding something like this would be - as it's not solely the backend programming you need to do, but also heavy-frontend logic and doing a legitimate reverse-engineer of the actual source-code.

Great job, man. I don't have much time to review your code - but I trust you're still using Lumen and it helped as much as its helped myself in the past

Edit
For those confused on what Binaries are, it's the files installed via Composer.

Download This

Go to your web root (C:\inetpub\wwwroot for most
Open up your cmd
Run the command composer install

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You could wrap your passwords in a Hash::make(md5($password)) like I done with most of my hotels, if @saamus wants compatibility with current-hotels that's the way to go, also by adding a 'is_bcrypt' column to users, so it won't hash the password over itself after being updated.

That being said, hopefully people appreciate just how difficult coding something like this would be - as it's not solely the backend programming you need to do, but also heavy-frontend logic and doing a legitimate reverse-engineer of the actual source-code.

Great job, man. I don't have much time to review your code - but I trust you're still using Lumen and it helped as much as its helped myself in the past

Edit
For those confused on what Binaries are, it's the files installed via Composer.

Download This

Go to your web root (C:\inetpub\wwwroot for most
Open up your cmd
Run the command composer install
Thanks for the kinda words. Really appreciate it.

Yes i'm using php's hash() function, that allows the usage of the following algorithms:

So you configure in chocolatey.php which algorithm you want, and voilá.

@saamus
Do u have any clue, why the registration don't work, as u can see on my screens?

Greetz,
Oh Accidentally i changed "bool" to "b" in a method return type. Fixing it now.

Also LeChris i really would enjoy you entering on the team. xD anyways.

#UPDATES
* Fixed Registration and all minor bugs

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes i'm using php's hash() function, that allows the usage of the following algorithms:

So you configure in chocolatey.php which algorithm you want, and voilá.

hi uncle claudio i hope you are ok, but what is php and how does he have a hash() function? what it do? :?::?:

PS:
i sent you an email a few days ago, why you dont reply me?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@saamus my last and stupid question but how can i translate this into another langue? Thanks all works good

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When people get upset over how to capitalize PHP..

Also, please tell me you're using Facades ??
Yeah, i created a Session Facade because Lumen 5.2+ removed Sessions. I created a really simple Session Helper with a really simple Facade.

Reaction score
Yeah, i created a Session Facade because Lumen 5.2+ removed Sessions. I created a really simple Session Helper with a really simple Facade.
That's because Sessions aren't supposed to be used....it's supposed to be native auth tokens

I asked because you referenced a hashing method, when you should be using Laravel's Auth facade with Hashing

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Please FOLLOW the Tutorial, you need generate a RECAPTCHA Key.

Yes, I have done that... I know how to configure reCaptcha. I know the key is correct because if I use my other CMS, the SAME key I am using for this works fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back