DoomsDay Emulator [C#] [Butterfly] [PRODUCTION-201802131208-148583513]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DeveloperRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    1,971Posts

Re: DoomsDay Emulator [C#] [Butterfly] [PRODUCTION-201802131208-148583513]

Quote Originally Posted by saamus View Post
    What the hell are you saying? Uber never was finished, had tons of bugs. It's true that it was one of the most famous ones, like HoloEmu, HoloCMS. But this doesn't means the code was great. This it's exactly the same from Azure Emulator. Very popular, crappy code. Phoenix was a good Emulator. But the amount of leaks destroyed it. Butterfly well... No words hahahaha, it was just good, but not good at the same time. As Martin says, it's that likely a concept.

Arcturus is a good Emulator, but the funny, is that isn't famous. And basically no one's use it (sadly). Basically people use today Plus, Comet and Bfly edits.

And for who is saying Butterfly is an Uber edit, it isn't lol.
    The truth is: nobody can compile java anyways, so they’ll go with whatever the youtube tutorial teaches them to.

Subscribe | Rules
    PM Me | Add Me

Developer / Ex-Moderator

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    767Posts

Here is a mirror of the Emulator and Database in one file

https://sulake.co.uk/Emulators/Dooms...20Database.rar

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,190Posts

People are really dismissing the impact of Uber. Aaron bought Uber and was used as a base for Phoenix. Bfly was uber based too. Without uber, this specific rename didnt exist.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    610Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    People are really dismissing the impact of Uber. Aaron bought Uber and was used as a base for Phoenix. Bfly was uber based too. Without uber, this specific rename didnt exist.
    I think the whole idea of not liking Uber is so these renames don't exist in the first place

V.I.P  Rank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,302Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeChris View Post
    I think the whole idea of not liking Uber is so these renames don't exist in the first place
    I think renames happened before as well, so I doubt it's solely because of Uber.
    Developer of Aurora (huge oldskool & Habbo BETA project):
    http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/v9-r3...netty-1132388/

- C# developer
    - Webdeveloper

Contact me @ discord: navv13#8055

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,190Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navine View Post
    I think renames happened before as well, so I doubt it's solely because of Uber.
    No they didnt. After butterfly was decompiled and released, the renames started with HabboLatino. Before that people had some more respect for eachothers work.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    610Posts

No they didnt. After butterfly was decompiled and released, the renames started with HabboLatino. Before that people had some more respect for eachothers work.
    You kidding? I remember there being a new rename daily of Uber emulators, hell even back with Holo there was a million renames and horrid roleplay renames.

Uber and Snowlight was bad imo but thats coming from a modern perspective, looking back at it from the developer mindset of meth0d back then I'm sure it was great

V.I.P  Rank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,302Posts

Yeah, I can assume more renames happened after that. But I'm sure I've seen million(yes... exaggerated) of flatfile/Holo servers released where little was changed as well (or, barely seeable changes). Maybe that's just my imagination, but what I'm saying is: I think renames did happen, but it was just more rare.
    Developer of Aurora (huge oldskool & Habbo BETA project):
    http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/v9-r3...netty-1132388/

- C# developer
    - Webdeveloper

Contact me @ discord: navv13#8055

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    AntarcticaLocation
    2,513Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navine View Post
    Actually if I recall, Uber for the most part remained rename-free, which was rare considering what Aaron did to Holograph.

Uber was leaked, Meth0d/Roy sold the source code to the Otaku Phoenix guy who was later sued by Sulake or something.

Anyway, Aaron was a fairly big piece of shit. The earlier revisions of Phoenix were LITERAL Holograph renames. Only with Uber did Aaron actually do much, and if I recall even though he bought the source code it still ran like shit and he was unable to fix it. Uber was a monstrosity, the only forks worth using afaik is forks of Butterfly-origin, and I think even Phoenix used an early version of Butterfly.

Anyway, I'm going off topic because I love reminiscing about the old days. Uber was rarely renamed up until Butterfly was leaked. The first real rename was BCStorm I believe, which was reverse engineered so the source code was even worse than the raw code base.

The first real rename was still Butterfly, which spawned BCStorm, PlusEmu, HoloLatino/HabboLatino - the biggest change was these Emulators were catered for specific hotels. Little care was taken and all the developers did was introduce a big load of shit into the community, Butterfly wasn't exactly feature-complete in comparison to Butterfly-renames, but it was a hell of a lot more stable. I guess people had no other choice but to take the Butterfly leaks because the original Uber source was a piece of shit, and we had no alternatives at the time.

I haven't been around much, but renames of Uber didn't really exist up until BCStorm/HabboLatino shit were leaked and reverse engineered. PlusEmu wasn't bad, but was like BCStorm done right (aka, the developer didn't fuck much up).

Apart from Phoenix, not even Holograph was renamed.
    Signatures are bad
    Irony is great

True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    North KoreaLocation
    1,111Posts

ITT: People fighting about whether htards can code or not (which they cant, regardless of what retard-language you are in that being NoDeJS, PhP, C, or Assembly)

> Butterfly rename
    > Is named "Doomsday Emulator"

is this a joke?

True MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    C:\inetpub\wwwLocation
    401Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maritnmine View Post
    ITT: People fighting about whether htards can code or not (which they cant, regardless of what retard-language you are in that being NoDeJS, PhP, C, or Assembly)

> Butterfly rename

is this a joke?
    Ask yourself.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    610Posts

> Butterfly rename

is this a joke?
    Sometimes I wonder if you suffer from alzheimer's with all the dumb stuff you post. Glory days for you were about 8 years ago since then its a fun little joke to look back and see how far you came..which is to the habbo section...to spam....

True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    North KoreaLocation
    1,111Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeChris View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if you suffer from alzheimer's with all the dumb stuff you post. Glory days for you were about 8 years ago since then its a fun little joke to look back and see how far you came..which is to the habbo section...to spam....
    Ok, let me eli5 my post since you are clearly after being offended than anything else. I'm referring to two different groups of people in my post: the people in this thread and htards. The htards are the people who can barely code and just take any emulator, rename a few things and then release it with their own name on it (@thegeneral described this perfectly earlier in this thread). The "people" in this thread which I'm referring to are for the most part devs who knows how to code.

See how I did that without personally attacking you? ;)

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,190Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B3T4T3ST3 View Post
    It's a rename of Otanix which is a rename of MarshMallow which is a rename of Silverwave which is a rename of Butterstorm which is a rename of HabboLatino which is a rename of Butterfly...
    It's like an loop, but the fact is: Uber Emu is love, uber emu is life
    Ftfy. Though may have missed a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, let me eli5 my post since you are clearly after being offended than anything else. I'm referring to two different groups of people in my post: the people in this thread and htards. The htards are the people who can barely code and just take any emulator, rename a few things and then release it with their own name on it (@thegeneral described this perfectly earlier in this thread). The "people" in this thread which I'm referring to are for the most part devs who knows how to code.

See how I did that without personally attacking you? ;)
    Ermagerd marit u cant code. Butaflie is so badddd y u think so name renames of it cos people who know better then u can do much better job!!! /s

Alpha MaleRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Vault 111Location
    2,340Posts

Ftfy. Though may have missed a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Ermagerd marit u cant code. Butaflie is so badddd y u think so name renames of it cos people who know better then u can do much better job!!! /s
    Sad thing is a lot of the complaints I've heard over Butterfly never happened with vanilla Butterfly that was originally leaked before all the edits. Zap ran smoothe with vanilla Butterfly. Anyone who complains about Butterfly is likely talking about crappy edits or missing the networking work that Martinina did.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Advertisement