Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Final] Comet Server [Open-Source, Java, 2017]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Why need a tut? If you cant setup this on your own Ur to dumb to host a retro. That my opinion. So i agree with wuzix.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Yes, I agree most people can set this up.
But we all started somewhere and saying that someone is dumb because they don't have enough "technical" experience, to set this up is just wrong in so many ways.

So next time why not, encourage him to make a tutorial for the people that are willing to learn.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes, I agree most people can set this up.
But we all started somewhere and saying that someone is dumb because they don't have enough "technical" experience, to set this up is just wrong in so many ways.

So next time why not, encourage him to make a tutorial for the people that are willing to learn.
Yes, but those bastards are using it on live/production based websites and are promoting it. When their server is down or something doesnt work, they will instantly spam our forums for help in the wrong section.... Really annoying. Indeed they have to learn, but on their own computer... Not on a dedi or vps... You have to know what ur doing.

Reaction score
Yes, but those bastards are using it on live/production based websites and are promoting it. When their server is down or something doesnt work, they will instantly spam our forums for help in the wrong section.... Really annoying. Indeed they have to learn, but on their own computer... Not on a dedi or vps... You have to know what ur doing.

dafuq r u talking about?
In case someone makes a wrong thread in the wrong section a moderator will handle it.

Indeed they have to learn, but on their own computer... Not on a dedi or vps... You have to know what ur doing.

And thats exactly why u need a tutorial. to learn how stuff works.

cheers,

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
No one CMS is compatible with Comet 2017

You could easily, make RevCMS compatible for comet by changing some values in class.core and class.users :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Such a stable server, running now with 1000 onlines.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would someone mind making a one letter username on their build and testing with a sticky note or any wall item to see if change position/change state works?

Must be one letter, no empty str and nothing more.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And like always, the developer doesn't give us a SWF pack with it.

Plus Emulator SWF pack? No poop, they suck and there's a lot of missing furni/images/etc (for Comet).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using this or Arcturus? Are there any huge differences? Regarding features and bugs. What do you recommend?

Yours sincerely

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using this or Arcturus? Are there any huge differences? Regarding features and bugs. What do you recommend?

Yours sincerely
Comet is no longer updated instead of Arcturus, but both of them have many features and some bugs. You can easily adding features by the Plugin API on Arcturus and wait for updates if you don't know how to fix them.. Comet has a great stability but Arcturus is improved on this point too.. I think it will be more intresting to use Arcturus than Comet for the future (It's my opinion)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey @Quackster I've compiled all this successfully, no errors. But where is the real .jar for all of it. There is different ones like in Comet.API there is a jar in target > bin and same goes for almost nearly every folder but which is the server itself with all of these in like together, is it in Comet-Server > target > bin | marven is so confusing.

Edit - Nvm I've got it!

The jar is in Comet-Server > target > bin and the libs folder is in there to which I then copied them and the config and configuration folders and made a run.bat, seems to boot perfectly fine:

Screenshot:
Quackster - [Final] Comet Server [Open-Source, Java, 2017] - RaGEZONE Forums

Edit 2:

Hey @Quackster Is there any reason why Talents won't pop up when pressed in the Me bar, I heard it's a feature on Comet, is it my variables or flash texts? if so could you tell me what to do, please!.

That's weird your is booting just fine but I'm getting weird error message when building the project

Quackster - [Final] Comet Server [Open-Source, Java, 2017] - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks for the memories!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Habbo emulation, alive and well in 2017! I bet DominicGunn and his friends at Sulake are very pleased with this stuff.

Interesting to see how feature-loaded this game has gotten... and how features like the camera have been reimplemented in such a radically different way. Horses, snowboarding, totems and sexting tents, oh my!

Just like with the Roseau V1 emulator: archive this server together with the client files and all other dependencies. Keep it safe somewhere for a rainy (and nostalgic) day. Commitments like this are priceless. Well done, Leon!

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score
Habbo emulation, alive and well in 2017! I bet DominicGunn and his friends at Sulake are very pleased with this stuff.

I know you've been away for a while, but Dom actually left! He works for a company that mostly focuses on grading and attendance software for schools now. Pretty recent development.

Nonetheless, yeh, the features have certainly expanded. For better or worse, most of the new features were just ways to exploit users for more $. Sulake's gotten greedier these last few years. I guess that's why communities like this still exist.

Anyways, welcome back! Glad to see you're still alive.

Back