Alpha MaleRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Vault 111Location
    2,336Posts

Re: [Final] Comet Server [Open-Source, Java, 2017]

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by briian View Post
    Would someone mind making a one letter username on their build and testing with a sticky note or any wall item to see if change position/change state works?

Must be one letter, no empty str and nothing more.
    Seems very specific why can't you do this yourself?

MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    24Posts

And like always, the developer doesn't give us a SWF pack with it.

Plus Emulator SWF pack? No shit, they suck and there's a lot of missing furni/images/etc (for Comet).

MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    110Posts

Mirrors ?

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    ParisLocation
    91Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seat View Post
    Mirrors ?
    https://github.com/MetusM/Comet

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,108Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seat View Post
    Mirrors ?
    I moved the file.

http://alex-dev.org/archive/Habbo%20...met-master.zip
    Icarus Emulator source repository
    https://github.com/TheAmazingAussie/Icarus
    The link to the emulator's server development thread can be found here.

Latest cracked SWF releases: swfhub.com
    Also includes header dumps for easy header updating, and various other game files.

MemberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    10Posts

Using this or Arcturus? Are there any huge differences? Regarding features and bugs. What do you recommend?

Yours sincerely
    Last edited by Totox; 1 Week Ago at 05:08 PM.

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    ParisLocation
    91Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Totox View Post
    Using this or Arcturus? Are there any huge differences? Regarding features and bugs. What do you recommend?

Yours sincerely
    Comet is no longer updated instead of Arcturus, but both of them have many features and some bugs. You can easily adding features by the Plugin API on Arcturus and wait for updates if you don't know how to fix them.. Comet has a great stability but Arcturus is improved on this point too.. I think it will be more intresting to use Arcturus than Comet for the future (It's my opinion)

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    Niagara Falls,Location
    2,040Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulZ View Post
    Hey @Quackster I've compiled all this successfully, no errors. But where is the real .jar for all of it. There is different ones like in Comet.API there is a jar in target > bin and same goes for almost nearly every folder but which is the server itself with all of these in like together, is it in Comet-Server > target > bin | marven is so confusing.

Edit - Nvm I've got it!

The jar is in Comet-Server > target > bin and the libs folder is in there to which I then copied them and the config and configuration folders and made a run.bat, seems to boot perfectly fine:

Screenshot:
    Spoiler:

Edit 2:

Hey @Quackster Is there any reason why Talents won't pop up when pressed in the Me bar, I heard it's a feature on Comet, is it my variables or flash texts? if so could you tell me what to do, please!.
    That's weird your is booting just fine but I'm getting weird error message when building the project

GammaRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,630Posts

Habbo emulation, alive and well in 2017! I bet DominicGunn and his friends at Sulake are very pleased with this stuff.

Interesting to see how feature-loaded this game has gotten... and how features like the camera have been reimplemented in such a radically different way. Horses, snowboarding, totems and sexting tents, oh my!

Just like with the Roseau V1 emulator: archive this server together with the client files and all other dependencies. Keep it safe somewhere for a rainy (and nostalgic) day. Commitments like this are priceless. Well done, Leon!

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    EverywhereLocation
    526Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nillus View Post
    Habbo emulation, alive and well in 2017! I bet DominicGunn and his friends at Sulake are very pleased with this stuff.
    I know you've been away for a while, but Dom actually left! He works for a company that mostly focuses on grading and attendance software for schools now. Pretty recent development.

Nonetheless, yeh, the features have certainly expanded. For better or worse, most of the new features were just ways to exploit users for more $. Sulake's gotten greedier these last few years. I guess that's why communities like this still exist.

Anyways, welcome back! Glad to see you're still alive.
    hayhay.

GammaRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,630Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottstamp851 View Post
    I know you've been away for a while, but Dom actually left! He works for a company that mostly focuses on grading and attendance software for schools now. Pretty recent development.

Nonetheless, yeh, the features have certainly expanded. For better or worse, most of the new features were just ways to exploit users for more $. Sulake's gotten greedier these last few years. I guess that's why communities like this still exist.

Anyways, welcome back! Glad to see you're still alive.
    Very much alive! This week I stumbled upon a large batch of Windows Live Messenger chatlogs from the past. We go way back, man! Like, 2011 and stuff. I remember how 2011 was all 'modern' and shit and now I just chuckle at the idea of WLM alltogether. Time flies. Glad that you're alive as well.

And RE: Dom and Sulake, hmm, I see. Well. I guess there's only so much 'rape of a loved one' that one can witness (in person) before you gotta call it quits yourself. Modern Habbo indeed sucks. To me it just looks loveless, sloppy and unaesthetic. Honestly, I'm appalled with how much they diverted from The Original Style and all the beauty therein. But at least the internet has all the history & emulators to preserve it forever...

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,850Posts

Commitments like this are priceless. Well done, Leon!
    Just fyi; His commitment was for his own wallet and not the community.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    EverywhereLocation
    526Posts

[Final] Comet Server [Open-Source, Java, 2017]

Very much alive! This week I stumbled upon a large batch of Windows Live Messenger chatlogs from the past. We go way back, man! Like, 2011 and stuff. I remember how 2011 was all 'modern' and shit and now I just chuckle at the idea of WLM alltogether. Time flies. Glad that you're alive as well.

And RE: Dom and Sulake, hmm, I see. Well. I guess there's only so much 'rape of a loved one' that one can witness (in person) before you gotta call it quits yourself. Modern Habbo indeed sucks. To me it just looks loveless, sloppy and unaesthetic. Honestly, I'm appalled with how much they diverted from The Original Style and all the beauty therein. But at least the internet has all the history & emulators to preserve it forever...
    Oh man, hahaha, WLM. I guess for it's time it was pretty good but god what a shitshow. I never kept chatlogs sadly, I used to on IRC, but it never occurred to for other stuff. And yeah definitely way back, before that even, but mostly just on here.

I agree with you, it feels like money replaced vision a few years back. 2011-12 was the beginning of the end imo. These days the online count sits between 1000-1600 on an average day. Sometimes events (like 50% off credits) get the count a bit higher but that's it. The Finnish hotel is so dead they're shuttering it soon. .com.br blows every hotel away for DAU, and even .es is about half the size of .com. It's a real shame when some retros are doing as well as the official hotel.

Edit: also, Wesley, stop being a prick.
    Last edited by scottstamp851; 1 Week Ago at 05:55 PM.
    hayhay.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    Niagara Falls,Location
    2,040Posts

Re: [FINAL] Comet Server [Open-Source, Java, 2017]

Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    You need to install Leon's Coerce package on your system with Maven before building Comet, as it is a third-party package not available on Maven's central repository.

To do this, you need to download Coerce and open it as a project in your IDE via the pom.xml file. You then need to open up the 'Core' Maven project and select the install option. Once this is done, Comet will be able to import Coerce and build as it should.

Screenshot:

Spoiler:

What Program are you using in this image? Cause I'm using IntelliJ to open the project but their is no Core Folder to Install the respo

MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    110Posts

Re: [FINAL] Comet Server [Open-Source, Java, 2017]

Quote Originally Posted by Glee View Post
    What Program are you using in this image? Cause I'm using IntelliJ to open the project but their is no Core Folder to Install the respo
    It works perfectly with intellij, if you have teamviewer i can help you out

Advertisement