Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Furniture .swf to html ready format (converter, assets and example usage)

Reaction score
Hello,

I was randomly looking at my repo's and last year I published some work I never released here on RaGEZONE. So this thread is just to let everyone know this stuff exists and maybe can be used by someone.

The idea

The main idea of those projects (three of them) was to make a html5 client. The client is able to read the converted assets from furniture swfs and display them almost properly. There are some bugs, for example: missing images I couldn't find out why.

So the three projects are:
- A not finished client (can only load furnitures and some GUI stuff).
- SWF to HTML ready format converter (furnitures only).
- The already converted assets (there are alot fo them)!

The converter

The converter is, like I said previously, a way to convert SWF's to HTML ready format. What I mean by HTML ready is that it uses formats supported and easy to work with on browsers. Such formats are PNG's and JSON's.

The converter converts each SWF to three files. They are the spritesheet image (contains all images into a single one), the spritesheet meta data (containing the positions of single images) as JSON and the furniture JSON (containing all the information to draw the furniture).

Download:
Default download path: D:/furnitures (located in **/FFConverter.java).

Example furniture JSON:
Example spritesheet JSON:
Example spritesheet image:
Joopie - Furniture .swf to html ready format (converter, assets and example usage) - RaGEZONE Forums

The assets

The above example is just one already converted SWF. This repo contains all the furnitures as of 26 Juli 2017.

Download:

Examples:
Joopie - Furniture .swf to html ready format (converter, assets and example usage) - RaGEZONE Forums

The client

The client is just a basic visualiser for the converted assets. It has a basic room render function and can display the furnitures in it. Animations are possible and with multiple interactions can be done too. The code is made with TypeScript (not my best work I have to say) and it uses EZGUI for the GUI. The library is very limited yet the best for Pixi.js if you ask me.

To run the project you need Node and NPM. Install the project with npm install, make sure you have gulp installed too. Next run gulp and make sure to have a webserver running on the development build folder to check it out in your browser!

Download:

3WavF4Y - Furniture .swf to html ready format (converter, assets and example usage) - RaGEZONE Forums

A final note

I do not tend to give support for those three projects. I do not take fully responsability for any harm caused by those projects what so ever. If you have any technical questions (not how to set it up or w.e.) regarding those projects I'm more than happy to answer them

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score
Haha it's been ages since I've seen this project. Shame you gave up on it, it shows a lot of promise. Hopefully someone picks up the torch.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I'm quite newbie with TypeScript, and I don't even know how to compile the project. When I launch index.html, a console error shows a 404 error on index.js.
So, can anyone help me?
Thank you.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I'm quite newbie with TypeScript, and I don't even know how to compile the project. When I launch index.html, a console error shows a 404 error on index.js.
So, can anyone help me?
Thank you.
Joopie included instructions in his post up at the top
To run the project you need Node and NPM. Install the project with npm install, make sure you have gulp installed too. Next run gulp and make sure to have a webserver running on the development build folder to check it out in your browser!

Back