Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Habbo V1 CSTs w/ Bytecode

Occasional Visitor
Reaction score
How 2 get moar unprotected CSTs? V5? V18? R26?

Not sure. A lot of these came from @Cecer's generous donations, so he may have a clue.
Sadly I have nothing I can offer in terms of advice. I acquired those files back when there was only really releases for incomplete V1. This was long before I did any real programming or had any real understanding about how Habbo worked internally. I probably got them while trying to set up ThuGie's H-Retro (or whatever the project name was xD)

I might have some other files but I'll have to dig about my archives.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, what I was thinking. So how can I "convert" the .cct to a .cst while still having the bytecode?

CCT = compressed / compiled
CST = source
CXT = encrypted, compressed and compiled.

You decompress it, most "dcr decompilers" only reverse the image data, they don't "get rid of" the code, they just don't know how to deserialize it to code. If you deserialize (or decompile if you will) the bytecode you can get a pretty damn close representation of the original source that's almost haunting enough. There's been numerous people who've gotten work done on it before including Matthew Parlane and others. There's more "secrets" on my discord if anyone's interested. I'll be taking everything I can find and putting it all under one of my domains when I get the chance.

You can do the same to a Director .exe it just packs it all in the EXE / DMG. Then the embedded interpreter decompresses / interprets the internal contents at runtime from itself.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
CCT = compressed / compiled
CST = source
CXT = encrypted, compressed and compiled.

You decompress it, most "dcr decompilers" only reverse the image data, they don't "get rid of" the code, they just don't know how to deserialize it to code. If you deserialize (or decompile if you will) the bytecode you can get a pretty damn close representation of the original source that's almost haunting enough. There's been numerous people who've gotten work done on it before including Matthew Parlane and others. There's more "secrets" on my discord if anyone's interested. I'll be taking everything I can find and putting it all under one of my domains when I get the chance.

You can do the same to a Director .exe it just packs it all in the EXE / DMG. Then the embedded interpreter decompresses / interprets the internal contents at runtime from itself.

Hmm. I guess I kind of understand. Also, can you send a link to the discord? I have a new account.

I just can't seem to understand how to decompress it. From what I understand, something like recover_cct and recover_dir or w/e the .dcr version is called only gets the images but don't decompress it? Or am I wrong?

Sorry if I sound noob I have 0% experience with this stuff.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In order to reach completion, such as adding Snowstorm to v26 etc...

There's another problem: it seems every single DCR v26 pack has incomplete SnowStorm files.
Yesterday I started working on the map (.ROOM) files (you know, there're 7 arenas and in every single pack there's only one empty and incomplete arena), such as adding map items and collisions.

SnowStorm's files are this:
v26
hh_game_snowwar:
recover-cct crashes when tries to convert this file in CST. So I tried with Offzip and I saw a lot of text (perhaps Lingo scripts?) in .dat files with an Hex Viewer.
hh_game_snowwar_ui:
SnowStorm UI is stored here with its field settings (game-bar coords, time windows coords etc.)
hh_game_snowwar_room:
this file has just one map (pretty empty) and map's items. Fortunately the other map's items are stored here.

Unfortunately, v28+ packs don't have any single new file, only BB files.

Back