Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

HabboAPI | NodeJS | AngularJS | Arcturus | Translation System

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: HabboAPI CMS v0.0.8 | NodeJS | AngularJS | Arcturus | Translation System

Everything you are programming against is an API. My concern is that you mostly haven't understood what an API is. For me as a developer (and knows what an API is), the name is severely misleading and doesn't tell me this has anything to do with a CMS. But whatever.

Yeah, that's fine. I'm just curious what the use-case of it is. Afaik, the only reason someone would do that is if someone else would start extending your CMS somehow.

Hey, that's cool, I even tried out ASP.NET as I was sick and tired of PhP long time ago :) (The result though, was another story)

You mean in this community? How about shipping it in Docker containers? Maybe that would make things easier for people? (If you ask me about the computer industry in general, my opinion is that NodeJS is the worst thing that happened since VisualBasic if not worse)

Really! I like node a lot! I've been having a really good time with it. I did PHP for years and years but got quite tired of it. And yes Visual Basic was a nightmare LOL I like doing node because the server end and client are so similar in my case so it's easier for me to figure things out and tie it together. Calling it HabboAPI probably was a mistake but eh whatever. Most of the people in this section don't really know the difference either. I do know what an API is this isn't entirely an API I'm sure I'm not following the standards for it but I mean I think it mostly is. This is my first node project and my first time trying to do something like this so I just will have to learn. I believe I've heard of docker but don't know anything about it I will have to check it out! I do appreciate the feedback. You are a legend in this section if I do remember correctly. I don't remember the projects you've released in the past exactly, I've been around here for so long.

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: HabboAPI CMS v0.0.8 | NodeJS | AngularJS | Arcturus | Translation System

I did PHP for years and years but got quite tired of it. [...] I like doing node because the server end and client are so similar in my case so it's easier for me to figure things out and tie it together.

Yes, this is the problem. People with mostly front-end stuff suddenly become capable of doing back-end stuff with the mindset of front-end development. The biggest problem is that they don't understand how to have a safe, stable, and reliable ecosystem. If you try set up your nPm projects on faive different PCs with different OSes, IDEs, you will be amazed at the useful error messages and other issues you may encounter.

I'm sure I'm not following the standards for it but I mean I think it mostly is.
There are no standards for APIs, as long as you can code against it, its an API. :)

This is my first node project and my first time trying to do something like this so I just will have to learn.

You're doing quite well, I thought I had commented on this project earlier but I guess my comment either got removed or you made a new thread. Either way you're improving significantly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My request as features:
* Improved /me page.
* Referral System (On /me page)
* A Shop for currency, VIP, etc
* Search for people on Profile
* Automatic buy system might be addable?
* Values page

Other than that its all an amazing cms. Well done! Best of luck.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The demo site is down, could you please re-run it?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
AFAIK, the project, like every other, is dead. The OP has been missing for over a month from here.

Yes um I'm sorry I've just been occupied with other things these last couple months. Hopefully I will pick it back up this month at some point.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am excited to announce that development of HabboAPI has continued. I've been working on it in the dark for awhile. Everything has been updated, although there are still a couple bugs a demo can be viewed:

Feel free to register, the hotel is also up.
I'd also like to note I finally got FlashInterface properly working! Try going on the hotel, going back to the community page and hit "Enter Room" under latest rooms, this isn't using rCRON and is simply sending the event to the client with javascript.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am excited to announce that development of HabboAPI has continued. I've been working on it in the dark for awhile. Everything has been updated, although there are still a couple bugs a demo can be viewed:

Feel free to register, the hotel is also up.
I'd also like to note I finally got FlashInterface properly working! Try going on the hotel, going back to the community page and hit "Enter Room" under latest rooms, this isn't using rCRON and is simply sending the event to the client with javascript.

AMAZING! I have one major request though; you should implement something that would redirect every domain to the public domain.

Example:
Public API:
Another domain:

Incase users enter through habboapi.pw, they cannot login nor register. This is what I had major problems with.

Thanks for contributing :love:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
AMAZING! I have one major request though; you should implement something that would redirect every domain to the public domain.Example:
Public API:
Another domain:
Incase users enter through habboapi.pw, they cannot login nor register. This is what I had major problems with.
Thanks for contributing :love:
Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I knew this was a problem already, but not many people use multiple domains so I didn't really think of a fix. The reason for this is because of crossdomain. GET requests probably work, but POST requests throw the error, its simply a security thing. I'll have to look into crossdomain on ExpressJS!

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I knew this was a problem already, but not many people use multiple domains so I didn't really think of a fix. The reason for this is because of crossdomain. GET requests probably work, but POST requests throw the error, its simply a security thing. I'll have to look into crossdomain on ExpressJS!
Should be as simple as implementing another header for CORS

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got everything working apart from client, hits 59% every single time so not sure if connection issue but swfs seem to be setup correctly but may be missing something :/

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got everything working apart from client, hits 59% every single time so not sure if connection issue but swfs seem to be setup correctly but may be missing something :/

I think that's a swf issue. I believe 76% is the handshake? Take a look at the console logs in dev tools.

Also the version I have on github is actually quite old. Im working on getting this more up to date version up soon.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I cannot seem to figure it out as I have BrainCMS & Arcturus setup just fine but node is very very new to me as I often use Xampp. I could understand if it hit 76% then would understand it would be connection issue with server but 59% a little weird. Im using PRODUCTION-201611291003-338511768 just not sure where I have went wrong and absolutely nothing in console log. I suppose I will just wait until you can get a newer version released and see what happens.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, when will the latest HabboAPI version be released? And will the housekeeping be released aswell?

Cheers,

Back