Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Habflash: Flash Browser for Habbo (MacOS/Windows)

Reaction score
2dSuRWo - Habflash: Flash Browser for Habbo (MacOS/Windows) - RaGEZONE Forums

Beta, v1.0.0

Hello everyone!

With flash coming up for it's planned end-of-life at the end of this month - I today bring you a release which I know is long awaited. I hope that it buys some more time for the community to adapt to a world without Flash and allows a better experience for the community with users only downloading one app - rather than several for each and every hotel.

OPNdIom - Habflash: Flash Browser for Habbo (MacOS/Windows) - RaGEZONE Forums

How does Habflash work?
Our app is built in JavaScript and has been tested on Windows and MacOS. Habflash uses Chromium, the same browser technology used by Google Chrome, so your websites should all load effectively as they did before. The software is relatively lightweight and can be easily added or removed from your system.

The address bar and tabbed interface make it easy for you to switch seemlessly between different applications and websites.

Running Habflash for the first time?
Depending on your security settings you may receive a message warning you that the application is from an unknown publisher. This is just because I have not paid lots of money to Microsoft and Apple for signing certificates. You can override these messages. I have provided virus scans below.

Windows instructions:
MacOS instructions:

After this is complete, the software will run for you every time.

Downloads
Feel free to use these on your websites/hotels.

MacOSDownload:

Virus Scan:
Windows 32-bitDownload:

Virus Scan:
Windows 64-bitDownload:

Virus Scan:

Enjoy!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
When security holes get fixed in later versions, this will be dragged behind to the point where you may as well just install an older browser.

Reaction score
When security holes get fixed in later versions, this will be dragged behind to the point where you may as well just install an older browser.
Please forgive me but your comment seems entirely illogical. You are fundamentally misunderstanding the concept.

The point being that this is a current version of electron/chromium which will run the latest version of Flash and can be updated by the community in future.

This is not even close to installing an old browser.

Reaction score
Please forgive me but your comment seems entirely illogical. You are fundamentally misunderstanding the concept.

The point being that this is a current version of electron/chromium which will run the latest version of Flash and can be updated by the community in future.

So you're throwing an already available open source project into a slower electron container? Give users a link to the direct Chromium version and let's not put potential spyware on our hotels. (Not this release, but the precedence of "custom retro browsers" would give that opportunity to others

Reaction score
So you're throwing an already available open source project into a slower electron container? Give users a link to the direct Chromium version and let's not put potential spyware on our hotels. (Not this release, but the precedence of "custom retro browsers" would give that opportunity to others

Chromium will not come with flash support by default. Habflash offers a ‘plug and play’ set it up and forget about it experience for players which will work across all hotels. This increases the safety of the user because they just have to use the official version of Habflash to know that they will be safe from spyware.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The end of flash support will not only be forwarded toward chrome. The rest of browser industries will follow along. Few only will be left out and will not be guaranteed. What is required should be an open source and a direct install novice friendly flash browser which you can customize for industrial and personnel usage.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is not even close to installing an old browser.[/COLOR]

It cannot get more literal than that. This is LITERALLY the same thing as installing an old browser. It's the EXACT same literal method.

Reaction score
It cannot get more literal than that. This is LITERALLY the same thing as installing an old browser. It's the EXACT same literal method.

You are quite simply wrong.

The end of flash support will not only be forwarded toward chrome. The rest of browser industries will follow along. Few only will be left out and will not be guaranteed. What is required should be an open source and a direct install novice friendly flash browser which you can customize for industrial and personnel usage.

I’m afraid I don’t agree.

Reaction score
First of thanks for the release. People seem sceptical about it, and I can't blame them. You made a few posts defending your release, which is fine. Some things do however not add up quite right.

Yes, maybe we do misunderstand the concept. But we don't have much to go with. Only a few words that talk about how easy it is. The quote above is the only insight we have that talks about the technologicy driven by your release.

Having said that, I'm suriously conserned about security and trustworthy. As you mentioned you used Electron to implement Flash. Electron does not support Flash out of the box, because the Chromium project removed support. I found serval ways on how to still enable it, but it's not a reliable way. Eventually support will end.

Then we have to talk about licensing. The overal opinion of a license in this section (/retro scene) is depending on peoples own need. To distribute the Flash Player you need a license, because you bundled it with your application. It also seems that the company managing Flash Player licensing can also give you a working, up to date, browser that points to a flash file. Which I would find more trustworthy than this release.

And even when we ignore the Flash Player licensing problem, how are we, the community, suppose the update this when no source code is provided?

Chromium will not come with flash support by default. Habflash offers a ‘plug and play’ set it up and forget about it experience for players which will work across all hotels. This increases the safety of the user because they just have to use the official version of Habflash to know that they will be safe from spyware.

I don't see how this release increases safety to users. The problem here is trusting someone over the internet on it's words. We, the community, can't verify you, nor your work. A Virustotal link is nice, but the results could be false negatives.

Do I trust you? Sadly, no.

An alternative I would recommend is building a Adobe AIR application. That's the only reliable and future proof alternative.

Reaction score
If you don’t trust then don’t download. Lots of people have downloaded and are enjoying Habflash.

I do not agree with you about the licensing.

The point is nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to download it so either do or don’t and then get on with your life.

Back