Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Heroic 2.1 - Standalone Retro Management

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Care to explain how to use this? Where I can manage webpages, swf folder, configuratio? Now it’s just something that runs somewhere on my pc, I don’t know where and how.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I plan on writing a better full-length tutorial on the release of 2.1.3 but for now this will do! So basically, you just drag and drop the folder into your Desktop. Edit your config.json to match your database details, double click the executable file (or whatever your os equalivent is) and it will do the rest for you.

Just a few key points: Be sure to install the things listed on the Readme (ie: MariaDB, Node 10, etc) or this release may not worked as intended. Any issues you encounter, join the Discord and I can help you out - or if its a bug; tell me so I can fix it!

So, I don't need to get SWF packs, do client path changes and etcetera, etcetera? It's already there? If so, I'm amazed and confused.
I managed to start this.. uhm.. CMS-alike? And client wasn't working. I haven't tried now, but it's probably still not working.
So I wanted to check how this thing even works.
And I found nothing familiar to me.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In order to get the client working, you have to configure the SWF path in the admin panel. There is a custom SWF pack of mine that is compatible with Heroic in the README that you should download and use. You have to edit it just like any other CMS.

Apparently there's an admin panel? How can I access it?
I know that I'm missing out something very simple, because no one mentions how to set up things in these new CMS.
Enlighten me, please. Way back to 2011-2014 when I was into hosting and managing retro's, I used Notepad++ and file manager.
Thank you so much for your work and answers.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you use the default database set your rank to 7 on navicat.

Ill work on on adding a way to create a default staff user and so on

Oh. I feel ashamed of myself.
How could I miss something like this. :$:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is this recommended to start a hotel with?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cant start it with Linux for some reason. Any command suggestions?

Back