Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Heroic - The Habbo.com Clone | Angular | Node | ES6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Heroic One - Node Web Application

"Changing the retro scene, one line at a time"

About
Heroic is an alternative web application for habbo retros. It provides a clean Javascript-based source-code that can also ensure security and speed.

However, this release version is not intended for beginners to use and is geared mainly for enthusiastic developers looking to give their retro an edge. It requires knowledge of Gulp, Webpack, Babel and so on to modify this.

Downloads
You can download Heroic by clicking the link below:

Demonstration
A Youtube demonstration is available below:

Last edited:
C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score
This looks awesome! I love the new CMS style from .com, but I hate trying to edit the packed copy of their JS to change stuff. A proper clone is great.

Thanks for your work! I'll keep an eye on this one.

Reaction score
This looks awesome! I love the new CMS style from .com, but I hate trying to edit the packed copy of their JS to change stuff. A proper clone is great.

Thanks for your work! I'll keep an eye on this one.
Anytime! This project is still going under development and an user-ready (easy to use) package won't be available for a few

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The song page is so sweet :love:good luck!

Reaction score
The song page is so sweet :love:good luck!
Just take extra caution when using it; I had to disable the radio in the next dev build of heroic due to memory leaks with socket's handling. I believe it's most likely my rooms not disposing properly; so it will be rewritten. (Also going to add another sever for dedicated streaming to prevent this annoying <iframe> thing I hae

Reaction score
Updates

-Finished 1.01 build with completely fixed client
-Web sockets have been completely removed alongside the radio

Bugs in progress
-User sessions when nulled or not working will not logout automatically. Need to fix. (Mostly caused by backend sever restarts)

Videos?

Arcturus Version

Holo Version

Download

Databases

Reaction score
Announcements

Heroic Two has started. This is going to be a major overhaul from the original version and is going to be based on new project goals that is not proving a development base, but rather a full web system capable for beginners and developers alike to use together. We are all going to pursue enforcing new community standards built around HTTPS/HTTP2.

Changes
We no longer use the Express web library. A full switch has been made to Fastify, an alternative with a reported 30-50% increase in both performance and stability.
HTTP/HTTP1 will not be supported by default. We will encourage users to use HTTP2 and HTTPS by default to provide user security and an introduction to modern web features.
Promises are no longer used within coding style in our ES6-base. Instead, I am using Async/Await to make code readability better, as well as stack async features to ensure code is performed in the correct sequential order.
A priority on making easy-to-understand user error messages is currently in progress, where as Heroic 1 failed with a static error versus dynamic leading users to believe a small error such as their username being taken made the website break.
Development will log all SQL changes in a file, to ensure that users currently using Arcturus can easily change over without losing data.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Announcements

Heroic Two has started. This is going to be a major overhaul from the original version and is going to be based on new project goals that is not proving a development base, but rather a full web system capable for beginners and developers alike to use together. We are all going to pursue enforcing new community standards built around HTTPS/HTTP2.

Changes

Good luck with this version, lets hope there is a little more appreciation this time round. I for one look forward to a release.

Reaction score
Good luck with this version, lets hope there is a little more appreciation this time round. I for one look forward to a release.
Much appreciated, mate!

Changes
You can view the changes (as I publish them) via my Github at any time. 2.0 will be currently located in the "Experimental" branch.

-Adds ability to fetch the current online count or the current online users in JSON format
-Authentication fully works
-Backend support only.
-Also removed my private SSL data (oops)-Updates JWT (jsonwebtoken) to 8.2.0
-Adds support for back-end authentication
-Adds user ip to request contents
-Creating users now works
-General code clean up
-Added Helmet for all-purpose security
-Added support for HTTPS/HTTP2
-Changed JWT to use a single module that hashes using your SSL private key

If you're curious
Front-end screenshots or anything relative to what users can visually see will not be posted, as I am writing the entire back-end beforehand to reduce redundancy in development later on as I tend to over-focus on the design when starting.

Also, I would love if people sent me ideas of designs they would like for the next Heroic version, otherwise I will stick with the current .com.

Reaction score
NgilVXh - Heroic - The Habbo.com Clone | Angular | Node | ES6 - RaGEZONE Forums

Admin panel is coming along good. I also done a lot of bug fixes for session errors and state changing.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
I am hoping everyone has enjoyed the rapid updates, however for a week or maybe longer pending irl activity - the project will be updated at a slower pace due to moving

Reaction score
Updates
-I begun using a plugin for Visual Code called "beautify" to try making my coding style a more of a standard
-Currently in process of coding backend CRUD operations and HK management for the store features
-Hoping to have Paypal (sandbox at least) integrated sometime soon

N2mbrdO - Heroic - The Habbo.com Clone | Angular | Node | ES6 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score
fXZ386Z - Heroic - The Habbo.com Clone | Angular | Node | ES6 - RaGEZONE Forums

PS: This update is actually very important as mysql2 has (huge) performance benefits over the mysql library. I'm comparing ORM's for more performance updates in the future.

The download link for 1.x based builds has been moved to here: https://github.com/chrismpettyjohn/Heroic/releases/tag/v1.0-official

Moderator notice
Please close thread, as 2.0 release will be coming soon.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back