Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Illumina CMS [PHP, OOP, Phoenix/Butterfly, Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: [REL] Illumina CMS [PHP, OOP, MySQLi, Uber 3]

By the way this cms's code is dirty and disappointing You're using MySQLi but still not using parameters? That's the main point of the "improved". This is basically your "ubercms2", no greater code.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hmm confused might be nooby but what database to use i want r63b compatability HELP !

Thanks
Alfie

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

By the way this cms's code is dirty and disappointing You're using MySQLi but still not using parameters? That's the main point of the "improved". This is basically your "ubercms2", no greater code.

You released a CMS you worked on in 1 year and it didn't have half of the usable functionality (by the end-user) of Illumina. If you're going to be flaming other developers and you don't even contribute anything useful (see previous sentence) to the community: don't bother.

MySQLi wasn't made because of named parameters not being in MySQL. I could get into detail as to why what you said is as ignorant as the people in this planet, but anyone who knows anything about programming probably laughed at you when they read that statement anyway.

Edit:

It's sad really, everytime I feel like releasing any work here on RaGEZONE all I have to do is come here and look at releases and how people comment and my mind gets changed everytime.

Last edited:
Reaction score

But.. This CMS is based on Uber.. My CMS was from scratch? The only point you made is that your best friend can't write his own code.

Reaction score
But.. This CMS is based on Uber.. My CMS was from scratch? The only point you made is that your best friend can't write his own code.
I dont see how your first sentence is relevant?Also he made the point that he released something and you didnt (for a long time).Another point he made out was that mysqli isnt made only for parameters because the old lib didnt have that....

Reaction score

I dont see how your first sentence is relevant?Also he made the point that he released something and you didnt (for a long time).Another point he made out was that mysqli isnt made only for parameters because the old lib didnt have that....

Read his first paragraph.

At this day in age, the primary difference with mysql and mysqli is safe parameter'd queries. There's no reason to use mysqli if you aren't actually using any parameter statements. It's a waste of time...

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Read his first paragraph.

At this day in age, the primary difference with mysql and mysqli is safe parameter'd queries. There's no reason to use mysqli if you aren't actually using any parameter statements. It's a waste of time...

I can't believe I have to school you in your own language, what does that say about you as a developer? You don't know what you're talking about. The primary feature of MySQLi over MySQL is Object Oriented design, it's not all about prepared statements (not "parameter statements", named parameters is another acceptable term, but you're just making up words at this point). I believe the very first sentence in the thread says:

I started LightCMS/Illumina from scratch ages ago

On that basis Jonty still made a better CMS from scratch based on user usability. As joopie said (#TeamRev) none of what you said has anything to do with what I pointed out. Maybe if you spend more time trying to be literate and less time trying to sound like you know what you're talking about (even though we all know you're just spouting garbage) you'd actually learn something?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Looking good. Any advice on setting up the paypal ipn?

Last edited:
Reaction score

Uber3 is in the thread title.. Look who's illiterate now...

This CMS is from scratch. Go back under your bridge.

Also, if you want a CMS coded to your "own standards" then make your own.. simple enough :rolleyes:

Unknown column 'points' in 'field list'?

Add the column points int(11) to your users table

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

How to fix the password hashing from sha1 to md5?

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I get this when on the /profile page.

LightCMS MySQLi Engine Error
Unknown column 'block_trade' in 'field list'

Any help?

Also where I do I change the colour for the top? Instead of being blue :)

Last edited:
Zephyr Studios
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I get this when on the /profile page.

Any help?

Also where I do I change the colour for the top? Instead of being blue :)
Do you mean the header?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back