Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Jabbo V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
gefliptemens - Jabbo V3 - RaGEZONE Forums

The JavaScript MMOCC

Download Link

What is it?

Jabbo, which stand for JavaScript Habbo, is a project which goes back to 2006. Who still remembers Jabbo V2 here? It was released by me a long time ago on this forum. All this time I've developed it, but it's only recently I started finishing Jabbo V3, because I was working on Kynto for some time. (a JS MMOCC)

Jabbo is a really unique project. It's the only "retro" - if we can even call it that - which is built fully in JavaScript. What does this mean? I simply started from scratch and rebuilt the whole of Habbo in JS.
It's also the only JavaScript MMOCC. This inclines many things, like: Jabbo is the only MMOCC functioning on an Ipad (which supports no Flash) and many other phones.

Jabbo will be the ideal start to make other JS MMOCC's.

All the code was made by me, only the images are from Sulake... which means, if you change those, you've got a fully legal game... that is, it depends on the license I will release this source with. (Creative Commons for example)
This has been... a big part of my life. I've been busy with this for quite a few years now... this is the result.

Disclaimer
Anyone is free to use this, but it would be nice if you'd let me know (private message, mail, or in this thread) what you're using it for : )

Jabbo For Business
If you intend to use my code to make money out of it, please contact me by sending me a private message on RageZone. Jabbo is meant to become the base of other games, but I ask that you let me know.

Technology Specs
  • Client: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP
  • Server: C# (Mono-compatible, runs on Linux!)
  • Database: MySQL
  • Bridge between client and server: Python

What's so amazing about V3?
After I released Jabbo V2, many users on this forum added a few features, coded avatar support very roughly and called it their Jabbo V3. Nothing except this version is worthy of that name however. I coded on this for 6 years and this is the result. I wished people on this forum would spend more time learning to code first as well. There have also been many cases in which my name was simply removed from the project, and they claimed it as theirs.

Jabbo V3 uses a lot of amazing technology. The client, which is simply HTML and JS, actually makes a socket connection to the C# server. This is done by a bridge between those two, a very nice Python script. (I did not create this myself, many thanks go to Michael Carter)
Jabbo V3 works as smooth, if not smoother, as the normal Habbo. Everything is real-time. It's as good as any retro. No, it's better, because you can create your own features in this client.

For now I won't go on too much about the technical details.

Features
  • loging in
  • user gets one Credit every minute
  • alerts
  • global alerts
  • chatbox
  • Messenger
  • Catalogue
  • Credit Codes
  • Jabbo Club
  • Navigator
  • Rooms
  • Dynamic wallpaper
  • Dynamic room layouts
  • Root voting
  • Carpets
  • Posters
  • Turning furniture on/off
  • Turning furniture
  • Room-o-matic
  • Rights
  • Donating
  • Chatting
  • Chat spam block
  • Dynamic avatar loading
  • changing clothes
  • badges
  • doors
  • packet client-server communication
  • furni preloader
  • untradeable furni
  • camera 100%
  • Frank! you can spawn Frank as a bot
  • spawning bots
  • various mod commands
  • client debug
  • eyes closed when inactive
  • sitting
  • ranks

And really much more!​

TO DO
  • camera: show avatars in doors
  • kicking
  • unique bot IDs
  • teleports
  • stacking
  • badge changer
  • friend request in room
  • exchange
  • trophies
  • presents
  • sticky notes
  • buying wallpaper
  • waving
  • catalogue marketplace
  • drinks
  • official messenger messages
  • follow in messenger
  • help reports
  • ph box
  • sso tickets

A lot of stuff that was present in V2 (presents, teles etc) still needs to be re-coded. Everything else has already been COMPLETELY recoded:D:​

Screenshots

Tutorial
Thanks go to ItsThatMatt for creating this!

This tutorial will teach you how to setup a Jabbo V3 server that uses Python, IIS and C#.
Before starting the tutorial, I request you have:

1. A Windows 7 Operating System (as this tutorial is designed for it)
2. XAMPP pre-installed.
3. Common computer knowledge.
4. How to use PhpMyAdmin
5. The actual Jabbo Files from the link above.

Getting Started: IIS

For some reason I cannot get Jabbo to run on Apache so I recommend using IIS. If you are unsure how to install IIS on your home computer then I have taken the time to tell you how.

1. Start -> Control Panel -> Turn Windows Features on or off
2. Tick the box that has Internet Information Services and press OK.
3. Head to this ( ) to install PHP on the IIS server. Simply click install and follow the on screen steps.
4. Head to to make sure you get to the IIS welcome page.
5. Move the 'client' from the Jabbo folder to the path C:/inetpub/wwwroot

The Database

Since you have XAMPP installed, we will use the MySQL from there. I don't want to have to explain how to install MySQL without answering a bundle of questions.

1. Start MySQL up in the XAMMP Control Panel. *Don't start Apache*
2. Move the phpmyadmin dictory to C:/inetpub/wwwroot *This is for temp access so delete it when you are done*
3. Head to and create a database called Jabbo then import the SQL script that came with the Jabbo download called 'jabbo.sql.zip'

The Python Part

The Python to use can be downloaded from

This is the easiest way to deal with Python and orbited.

1. Place Python27 extracted to the desktop.
2. Right click on computer and go properties
3. Then go 'Advance System Settings"
4. Environment Variables
5. For variables for <username> add on the path area

Code:
C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\Python27\bin;C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\Python27\scripts\C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\Python27

6. Do the same for System Variables.
7. Open up a command prompt as Administrator and type Python.
8. If no problems, open another and type

PHP:
orbited -c "path to config"

The configuration is the file called 'orbited.cfg'

Set the server up

1. Go to the server folder of JabboV3.
2. Navigate this way to find the server executable.
PHP:
'jabboV3\server\KyntoServerCMD\bin\Debug'
3. Edit 'settings.ini' and change the database variables.
4. Start 'JabboServerCMD.exe' up.

Final Step

Head to and hopefully Jabbo loads up.

Creating a Jabbo Account

You can create a new Jabbo acount by going to the users table in PhpMyAdmin and inserting a new row with your name and pass etc...
The password is hashed as follows:

md5(md5(name)+md5(pass))

Use PHP or a hash generator, for example

A word of thank
I also want to thank some people, who inspired, helped or supported me throughout the years.
The order in which they are presented here does in no way affect my feelings for them, it's just random!
A big thank goes to:

Brandon, Naruto, Jeffrey and Pieter, for being the first Jabbo staff back in 2006. Brandon especially. He was there on day 1. Jeffrey for his friendship as well.

Nillus, for being one of the first to reply on Ragezone on my project in a positive way, for one time saying on this forum "Thomas can code!" and for being such an inspiring guy in the retro world! Never spoke to him, lol

Peter, for creating his own version of V3. For being such a great guy. For helping Jabbo when I left for Kynto.

ItsThatMatt, for creating the tutorial on how to install V3 on Windows.

Coolgirlnatas, loyal staff member.

All other Jabbo staff members over the years! Thanks!

Luuk, for being the second generation staff

Jasper, for being the second generation staff, hosting the project, supporting the creation of V3, and keeping Jabbo.be online until today (it's going to be closed in a few weeks now)

William. For Kynto. For being a great guy. For the many conversations, often philosofic. For believing in my project right from the start. William, if you read this, I'm sorry I released this project. I hope it doesn't change your feelings towards me. Mine never changed!

Kel, for great Kynto art, and being a genius.

Matt, for coding the Kynto C# server, on which the Jabbo V3 server is based. For helping me out with C# even though Jabbo conflicted with Kynto.

My class in the first year of Latin, 6 years ago. I created 1pa2la.be for them, and this resulted in Jabbo after a while.

coolbox for his German version of Jabbo, and his word of thank spoken in this thread. It's a name I often saw throughout the years. He was important for Jabbo as well.

Marie. Especially back in the days of Jabbo V1-V2.

The people on RageZone.

My family, my friends, Nina.

All the people I forgot.

Everyone who made me who I am now.

For everyone staring at computer screens! Think about what you really want. It may very well be computer screens
I chose playing the piano, and I play the piano for 3-4 hours a day now.

Take care of the ones you love.

Thomas

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
as i seen on dev thread, it should be really awesome!
but im not going use this, i like newest version of habbo. :L
GOOD JOB MATE! :drool:

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
as i seen on dev thread, it should be really awesome!
but im not going use this, i like newest version of habbo. :L
GOOD JOB MATE! :drool:

The point of this is not meant to be latest or old client, the point is Javascript Habbo. New and old client is irrelevant.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Awesome,
this might make me back at oldschool!
Thanks for this! i might use this ;>

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Perhaps I need to explain a little more.
In order to make it work, you should:

- get de db running
- get the client running (php etc)
- get the server running (JabboServer.exe)
- AND get the BRIDGE between the server and the client running: Orbited

you'll need python for this, and some other packages, and then run easy_install orbited
if I'm correct. Then configure the orbited.cfg file the way it's shown in the download (an orbited.cfg is included)

I know it's not easy!

edit: this might help to install orbited

Last edited:
Thanks for a great time!
Reaction score
Awesome i followed this project for some time and it turned out great, its amazing what u can do ! I can acces the client with my android mobile, and also with my brothers ipod ?:O This is just AWESOME
Great release like expected :)!

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I will about Beta Jabbo Beta that is nicee

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wonderful but I need help to make it work, nobody wants to help me: @

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
See, if we can build it into javascript, why cant someone freakin' make the battleball files into .swfs?

Yeh, sure, packetlog issues, but then again, isn't there battlebanzai? I'm pretty sure that it would use the same PACKETS as old Habbo, since it's the same Java server, so why can't we just program good 'ol battleball into R63 form?

Reaction score
I remember when Jabbo was first released. I was young then, and often thought it would be the way to have my small little hotel 24/7, however I could never set it up. After all, when I first found a .rar file, I tried to open it in internet explorer, so yip.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks for releasing this!! I still love Jabbo!! i'll use it as a mobile hotel in my retro hotel, ( still in develop)

but i've one problem i cant download the files from 2shared.com.
Can anyone upload it to mediafire.com?

affs alls no helping me :mad:

i might help you if you upload the package to mediafire.com!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for releasing this!! I still love Jabbo!! i'll use it as a mobile hotel in my retro hotel, ( still in develop)

but i've one problem i cant download the files from 2shared.com.
Can anyone upload it to mediafire.com?

i might help you if you upload the package to mediafire.com!
Help me, msn: viniciuslaradf@hotmail.com LINK:

Thanks for a great time!
Reaction score
Oldskool is not dead and it will never be :) i still totaly love this project, and it deserves way more views...i think people dont realize how great this project is!
For the people who are wondering, this is one of the...most amazing jabbo vers ever (A), ( cause the others are also awesome ;] )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back