Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Kepler - Habbo Hotel v14 server (BattleBall, Camera, Trax, Rollers) [Java]

does anyone know how to solve the problem with the camera?
The emulator also indicates an error. (see image)

I have that problem to.
What dcrs version is the best to use for this atm?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Anyone also have an issue with the monthly club gift, I get the pop up to accept the gift but if you click OK, the emulator just throws a null pointer exception and doesnt give you the gift?
Yeah, that is a bug in the latest release. I mentioned it to Quack but haven't made an issue on the Github repo, that would probably ensure that he gets to fixing it sooner rather than later.

My computer situation has been complex lately so perhaps you may want to do so.

I have that problem to.
What dcrs version is the best to use for this atm?

It's not the client that is the issue. You're error says that it is an error with the MusConnectionHandler.
The MUS(multi user server) is for the camera and my guess is you just haven't taken the proper steps to get things setup properly.

I dont know.
I have tried with v21 and exactly the same problem
See above response

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

It's not the client that is the issue. You're error says that it is an error with the MusConnectionHandler.
The MUS(multi user server) is for the camera and my guess is you just haven't taken the proper steps to get things setup properly.

Which Mus port is the right one?
So what port number should there be?
I have as port 12322, as it is in the server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Dear community,

Is there a tutorial out there for installing the database, server and possibly RetroCMS properly? I have spent hours trying to figure out how to get kepler to work, no luck. Please get back to me, I seriously need help.

Kind regards,
Sam

EDIT:

I got as far as a client communicating with the server, but as soon as I finish registration it gives the error "Field 'id' doesn't have a default value".
Pretty sure the database is my main issue.

Also, when using RetroCMS, I have even less of a clue how to use the database, make its client converse with the server. Didn't even get as far as registering.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Dear community,

Is there a tutorial out there for installing the database, server and possibly RetroCMS properly? I have spent hours trying to figure out how to get kepler to work, no luck. Please get back to me, I seriously need help.

Kind regards,
Sam

EDIT:

I got as far as a client communicating with the server, but as soon as I finish registration it gives the error "Field 'id' doesn't have a default value".

Also, when using RetroCMS, I have even less of a clue how to use the database, make its client converse with the server. Didn't even get as far as registering.

I don't know which id column, but make sure the column id in the table users is set as primary key and as auto_increment.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

I don't know which id column, but make sure the column id in the table users is set as primary key and as auto_increment.

Latest Alex commit have a lot of bugs on database , i fixed almost everthing here , but still have buggy on recommended_rooms :/

Ball like Wall
Reaction score

Dear community,

Kind regards,
Sam

EDIT:

Pretty sure the issue is with the SQL file. With InnoDB engines, the max key limit is 767 bytes. But with utf8mb4 encoding, each character is 4 bytes. In the SQL file on line 1048 you should see
Code:
  `entry` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 NOT NULL,
If that varchar value is 255, then the key length is 1020 bytes, exceeding the 767. Change it from 255 to 191. Do the same for line 6787, for
Code:
`schema migrations`
change the varchar(255) for versions to 191. The SQL should import into the DB without issue and you should be fine when registering an account.

Someone fact check me, I googled this info

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Pretty sure the issue is with the SQL file. With InnoDB engines, the max key limit is 767 bytes. But with utf8mb4 encoding, each character is 4 bytes. In the SQL file on line 1048 you should see
Code:
If that varchar value is 255, then the key length is 1020 bytes, exceeding the 767. Change it from 255 to 191. Do the same for line 6787, for
Code:
`schema migrations`
change the varchar(255) for versions to 191. The SQL should import into the DB without issue and you should be fine when registering an account.

Very professional approach, terms I find quite difficult. Hope I can find a way to put it to use, otherwise I will let you all know. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, just did a small update to Kepler since it was never fully "finished" - only in a workable hotel state pretty much. Here's my changelog below which should make the server more enjoyable to use.

Changelog

- Club gifts added (default is one gift per month).
- Club clothes added (user editor is updated on login and HC purchase).
- Added user shutup/listen in rooms.
- Fixed populated rooms not showing in the navigator.
- Fixed diving score for longer usernames.
- Added same IP check for MUS camera packet handling so random connections cannot imitate a user.

To change the club gift interval edit the following in the in the settings table:

(The server will need to be started at least once with correct db details before these values appear in the database)

club.gift.timeunit (right now it's DAYS, can be , etc)
club.gift.interval (default is 31 of that interval)

So if you change the interval to 7 and keep the timeunit to DAYS, the gift will be once per week instead of month

If you're already using Kepler, run this migrate SQL for v1.16

Code:
CREATE TABLE `users_club_gifts` (
  `user_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `sprite` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
  `date_received` bigint(11) NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4;

CREATE TABLE `users_mutes` (
  `user_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `muted_id` int(11) NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4;

ALTER TABLE `users` ADD `club_gift_due` BIGINT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `club_expiration`;

UPDATE catalogue_items SET sale_code = (SELECT sprite FROM items_definitions WHERE items_definitions.id = catalogue_items.definition_id) WHERE page_id = 27 AND is_package = 0;

ALTER TABLE `settings` CHANGE `value` `value` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

UPDATE users SET club_subscribed = 0;

Screenshots

K7jcvCW - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

pVSXPFk - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Download

Compiled v1.16 jar is available:

I found this not to work, any idea's?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Code:
Code:
`schema migrations`

Instead of doing these evil hacks, possibly leading to untested behaviour; i'd recommend simply installing the latest stable MariaDB or MySQL release that properly support and implement utf8mb4 all throughout.

If you encounter issues importing Kepler's database/sql file, or releases and disable the one included with XAMPP.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Instead of doing these evil hacks, possibly leading to untested behaviour; i'd recommend simply installing the latest stable MariaDB or MySQL release that properly support and implement utf8mb4 all throughout.

I am using the latest version of xampp, which supports MariaDB and MySQL. Uncertain whether these are the latest versions, but they are supported. Got many things to work, but HC and its gifts together with badges are some things I can't seem to get to work. You have an answer to all of this? Would be lovely :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I am using the latest version of xampp, which supports MariaDB and MySQL. Uncertain whether these are the latest versions, but they are supported. Got many things to work, but HC and its gifts together with badges are some things I can't seem to get to work. You have an answer to all of this? Would be lovely :)
If you encounter issues importing Kepler's database/sql file, or releases and disable the one included with XAMPP.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Unfortunately installing and using latest version of MariaDB doesn't fix the provided issues. Any more suggestions?

Ball like Wall
Reaction score

Unfortunately installing and using latest version of MariaDB doesn't fix the provided issues. Any more suggestions?

Did you uninstall the MySQL instance included with xampp? Did you drop the database and re-import the SQL file after undoing the changes I recommended?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Did you uninstall the MySQL instance included with xampp? Did you drop the database and re-import the SQL file after undoing the changes I recommended?

Yes to everything but uninstalling, I just disabled the mysql service in xampp.

Ball like Wall
Reaction score

Again, you're right, I'm wrong :/: it worked by getting the SQL imported without error but it definitely created an issue with club gifts and subscription.

Yes to everything but uninstalling, I just disabled the mysql service in xampp.

Uninstall the MySQL service via the xampp control panel and install MariaDB. When you install MariaDB, it should include HeidiSQL with it. In Heidi, create a session and a new DB to import the SQL file.

Hoshiko When importing the SQL file into the new DB I changed the collation from latin1_swedish_ci to utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Is that the right way to do it? Also, I redid everything from the DB and SQL file to the server files, and brought the loader back up. Club subscription worked fine along with gifts, but when creating a private room, the server logged the error

Code:
2019-01-20T11:44:21.678 - [ErrorLogger] - Error when executing MySQL query: 
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: No such column: rating
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.exceptions.ExceptionMapper.get(ExceptionMapper.java:236)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.com.read.dao.ColumnNameMap.getIndex(ColumnNameMap.java:133)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.com.read.resultset.SelectResultSet.findColumn(SelectResultSet.java:1484)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.com.read.resultset.SelectResultSet.getInt(SelectResultSet.java:1062)
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariProxyResultSet.getInt(HikariProxyResultSet.java)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.dao.mysql.RoomDao.fill(RoomDao.java:383)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.dao.mysql.RoomDao.getRoomsByUserId(RoomDao.java:48)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.navigator.NAVIGATE.handle(NAVIGATE.java:52)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.invoke(MessageHandler.java:445)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.handleRequest(MessageHandler.java:432)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:99)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:20)
	at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
	at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
	at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
	at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1414)
	at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:945)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:146)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:645)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysPlain(NioEventLoop.java:545)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:499)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:459)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:886)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

So I just inserted a column named 'rating' into the `rooms` table. Again, is that the best way to do it?

Finally, any insight into the following errors regarding room voting?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

May see an issue actually thats causing the gift bug. Will try to post back with a fix after work.

Again, you're right, I'm wrong :/: it worked by getting the SQL imported without error but it definitely created an issue with club gifts and subscription.

Uninstall the MySQL service via the xampp control panel and install MariaDB. When you install MariaDB, it should include HeidiSQL with it. In Heidi, create a session and a new DB to import the SQL file.

@Hoshiko When importing the SQL file into the new DB I changed the collation from latin1_swedish_ci to utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Is that the right way to do it? Also, I redid everything from the DB and SQL file to the server files, and brought the loader back up. Club subscription worked fine along with gifts, but when creating a private room, the server logged the error

Code:
2019-01-20T11:44:21.678 - [ErrorLogger] - Error when executing MySQL query: 
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: No such column: rating
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.exceptions.ExceptionMapper.get(ExceptionMapper.java:236)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.com.read.dao.ColumnNameMap.getIndex(ColumnNameMap.java:133)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.com.read.resultset.SelectResultSet.findColumn(SelectResultSet.java:1484)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.com.read.resultset.SelectResultSet.getInt(SelectResultSet.java:1062)
    at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariProxyResultSet.getInt(HikariProxyResultSet.java)
    at org.alexdev.kepler.dao.mysql.RoomDao.fill(RoomDao.java:383)
    at org.alexdev.kepler.dao.mysql.RoomDao.getRoomsByUserId(RoomDao.java:48)
    at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.navigator.NAVIGATE.handle(NAVIGATE.java:52)
    at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.invoke(MessageHandler.java:445)
    at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.handleRequest(MessageHandler.java:432)
    at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:99)
    at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:20)
    at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1414)
    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:945)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:146)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:645)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysPlain(NioEventLoop.java:545)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:499)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:459)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:886)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

So I just inserted a column named 'rating' into the `rooms` table. Again, is that the best way to do it?

Finally, any insight into the following errors regarding room voting?

Appears you haven't set default values for the column and they aren't getting any other values so it's trying to fall back on a value that isn't given. Design the table and edit the default value to be 0 or something.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Still coping with the same error, using MariaDB's latest build and uninstalled MySQL in xampp.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Kepler.v1.16\Kepler.v1.16>java -jar kepler.jarError: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try againException in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/alexdev/kepler/Kepler has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 54.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0 at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Kepler.v1.16\Kepler.v1.16>pausePress any key to continue . . .

Ball like Wall
Reaction score

C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Kepler.v1.16\Kepler.v1.16>java -jar kepler.jarError: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try againException in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/alexdev/kepler/Kepler has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 54.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0 at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Kepler.v1.16\Kepler.v1.16>pausePress any key to continue . . .

You gotta read through the thread dude, we've already explained how to fix this. That error is because the server is trying to run using either an older JDK or with a JRE. Download the latest JDK from Java, version 11 I believe, uninstall all other versions of Java and paste the java bin folder path of the JDK in your system variable paths.

Last edited:
Back