Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Kepler - Habbo Hotel v14 server (BattleBall, Camera, Trax, Rollers) [Java]

A very nice old version project.

I hope that Quackster doesn't interrupt the project.

I'm developing a light version of V14 template site that can easly run on own computer, like a client game.

Quackster - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm developing a light version of V14 template site that can easly run on own computer, like a client game.

Quackster - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Very nice, send me a download link in pm so I can test please :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Looks very good! You gonna release it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Looks very good! You gonna release it?

I don't know.

The main purpose is to use it with Kepler emulator for the Italian Community.

I will use it as lite as possible. All the system like news, comunications, help tool, jobs etc. Will be developed in simple html/css style, with relative page in php like login, register, userpage, for configurate it with database.

This means that all the news and other pages will be update only editing on html code. I don't know if this is convenient for users who want to use this template.

I will not develop a Content Management System for this template at the moment, because Kepler Emulator is still in alpha - beta version, so I don'tknow if it is worth developing a cms for now.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

The problem with the camera and club gifts was that the database was missing the definitions for them. Run these and it will fix the errors:

`
Code:
INSERT INTO `items_definitions` (`id`, `sprite`, `sprite_id`, `name`, `description`, `colour`, `length`, `width`, `top_height`, `behaviour`) VALUES
(422, 'photo', 11221, 'Photo','Photo from Habbo', '', 0, 0, 0, 'photo,wall_item');

INSERT INTO `items_definitions` (`id`, `sprite`, `sprite_id`, `name`, `description`, `colour`, `length`, `width`, `top_height`, `behaviour`) VALUES
(415, 'present_gen1', 1372, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top'),
(416, 'present_gen2', 1373, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top'),
(417, 'present_gen3', 1374, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top'),
(418, 'present_gen4', 1375, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top'),
(419, 'present_gen5', 1376, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top'),
(420, 'present_gen6', 1377, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top');

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

The problem with the camera and club gifts was that the database was missing the definitions for them. Run these and it will fix the errors:

I just arrived back from my trip to Cuba so that's why I couldn't fix it sooner.

Code:
(422, 'photo', 11221, 'Photo','Photo from Habbo', '', 0, 0, 0, 'photo,wall_item');

(415, 'present_gen1', 1372, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top'),
(416, 'present_gen2', 1373, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top'),
(417, 'present_gen3', 1374, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top'),
(418, 'present_gen4', 1375, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top'),
(419, 'present_gen5', 1376, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top'),
(420, 'present_gen6', 1377, '', 'Gift','What\'s inside?', 1, 1, 1, 'solid,present,can_stack_on_top');

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I just arrived back from my trip to Cuba so that's why I couldn't fix it sooner.

Code:

Thanks! Will try the code right now.

Hope you had a good time in Cuba!

EDIT:

Code works! Unfortunately the club shop still has no icons as well as a gift without image.
uTFBFhj - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

AGEqSsU - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Ball like Wall
Reaction score

Hmm.. weird.. all aspects of camera and HC club gifts have always worked just fine for me. Only issue I'm now having is with room ratings. At first I couldn't create a room whatsoever, and public rooms didn't show at all until I inserted a column into the rooms table called "id". The server was throwing an error. I'll link it when I get home.

Cuba sounds dope

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks! Will try the code right now.

Hope you had a good time in Cuba!

EDIT:

Code works! Unfortunately the club shop still has no icons as well as a gift without image.
uTFBFhj - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

AGEqSsU - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Looks like your DCR's are bad, it works fine here.

Yeah my mistake I forgot to add the colours to the database. I fixed it now though. Run this, will update the gift definitions:

Code:
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 415;
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 416;
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 417;
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 418;
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 419;
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 420;

BII2Bms - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Hmm.. weird.. all aspects of camera and HC club gifts have always worked just fine for me. Only issue I'm now having is with room ratings. At first I couldn't create a room whatsoever, and public rooms didn't show at all until I inserted a column into the rooms table called "id". The server was throwing an error. I'll link it when I get home.

Cuba sounds dope

The database import is fine so I have no idea whatever you're doing, and yeah it was pretty damn unique. Also I just noticed you have a Che Guevara avatar with a cigar, you realise he's pretty important to the Cuban revolution right? :eek:tt1:

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah my mistake I forgot to add the colours to the database. I fixed it now though. Run this, will update the gift definitions:

Code:
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 415;
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 416;
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 417;
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 418;
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 419;
UPDATE `items_definitions` SET `colour` = '0,0,0', `name` = 'Gift', `description` = 'What\'s inside?' WHERE `items_definitions`.`id` = 420;

BII2Bms - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

The database import is fine so I have no idea whatever you're doing, and yeah it was pretty damn unique. Also I just noticed you have a Che Guevara avatar with a cigar, you realise he's pretty important to the Cuban revolution right? :eek:tt1:

Thanks a bunch! The issue was my external_vars being configured improperly. Stupid me....

Attachments

Last edited:
Ball like Wall
Reaction score

Code:

Haha yes, I do, but I set that avatar 10 years ago, so it's purely coincidental :x

Anyways me and TaggBeast were pulling our hair out trying to figure that one out for him. I told him I looked at the SQL file that came with the pre-compiled server and it's missing those entries for item_definitions for HC gifts, and yet it works fine on my server.

Also, I added you on Discord Alex, I was wondering if maybe you could give me a crash-course on compiling your source into a JAR so I can try and contribute. No worries if you don't have tho

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This project is magical, and I'm willing to help in any way I can!
I'm making this comment my official "known issues" list for you. Just so I can address the issues, making it easier for you to fix.
Also, Joocy is a mastermind in the works. He's putting hours upon hours of work into the revival of v14 Habbo and is willing to publish all his work when complete! I want to contribute like him, hence the comment.

Known issues:

- Swimming pool stairs
- Collision map generator (Only when placing from hand and with certain furni)

- Pets
- Change interactor values of mocha and butler together with drink id

Suggestions:
- Working credit vouchers
- Working client banner

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I'm going to do a v15 update soon (in settings.ini put "version" to 15) which will jukebox and trax playlist support, and possibly the console changed, all you'd need to do is change settings.ini and replace two CCT files, this will work for versions higher than v15 too (such as v21, etc).

8Wzh05f - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

eD1hUQf - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

This project is magical, and I'm willing to help in any way I can!

I'm making this comment my official "known issues" list for you. Just so I can address the issues, making it easier for you to fix.

Also, Joocy is a mastermind in the works. He's putting hours upon hours of work into the revival of v14 Habbo and is willing to publish all his work when complete! I want to contribute like him, hence the comment.

Known issues:

- Executive furniture tab and its many flaws
- Swimming pool stairs
- Room votes (according to Joocy)

Suggestions:

- Working credit vouchers

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HMA-L29 met Tapatalk

Yeah this server was originally v21 so just hide the missing executive furniture that doesn't load. There's no issue.

Pool stairs I'm aware of, but probably won't be fixed for a while.

Room votes have no issues (aside from the fact that owners don't get the new vote update, but that's been fixed in the latest source). In fact I just recoded the whole vote system.

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm going to do a v15 update soon (in settings.ini put "version" to 15) which will jukebox and trax playlist support, and possibly the console changed, all you'd need to do is change settings.ini and replace two CCT files, this will work for versions higher than v15 too (such as v21, etc).

8Wzh05f - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

eD1hUQf - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Yeah this server was originally v21 so just hide the missing executive furniture that doesn't load. There's no issue.

Pool stairs I'm aware of, but probably won't be fixed for a while.

Room votes have no issues (aside from the fact that owners don't get the new vote update, but that's been fixed in the latest source). In fact I just recoded the whole vote system.
I will hide it, seems like the solution.

Unfortunate about the stairs, but I will wait patiently. Also a v15 update is not that bad of an Idea! Looking forward to it.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Can I set a fixed value for the rare.cycle.pages, because I set the credits.scheduler.amount to 0. So that nobody gets credits in the cycle. Now all rares are 0 credits...

Also editting the rare page's text doesnt affect the actual page. What do I edit?

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Can I set a fixed value for the rare.cycle.pages, because I set the credits.scheduler.amount to 0. So that nobody gets credits in the cycle. Now all rares are 0 credits...

Also editting the rare page's text doesnt affect the actual page. What do I edit?

Okay I'll make it so you can disable the credits scheduler (new setting called "credits.scheduler.enabled" with a boolean variable) but the rare system will still use the credits amount per x time from the "credits.scheduler.amount" setting.

And you need to recompile the source to edit the rares' text page.

It's bad I know, I'll make it configurable in the next update.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Okay I'll decouple the credit scheduler credit amount from the rare cycler.

And you need to recompile the source to edit the rares' text page.

It's bad I know, I'll make it configurable in the next update.
It's fine, you're putting in serious work. Unfortunately I have no experience in compiling java files, I think Joocy requested a crash course from you? I would be interested too!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

It's fine, you're putting in serious work. Unfortunately I have no experience in compiling java files, I think Joocy requested a crash course from you? I would be interested too!

All you need is to install IntelliJ and then import the project. Kepler uses Gradle so any library dependencies will be downloaded on the initial project import, also I edited what I said but I'll post it below:

Okay I'll make it so you can disable the credits scheduler (new setting called "credits.scheduler.enabled" with a boolean variable) but the rare system will still use the credits amount per x time from the "credits.scheduler.amount" setting.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

All you need is to install IntelliJ and then import the project. Kepler uses Gradle so any library dependencies will be downloaded on the initial project import, also I edited what I said but I'll post it below:

I was about to ask you to make a disabling option, much better. Do you have discord? (PM if you do, would like to make communication a bit easier between us)

Also, where can I find the list of drink id's? A few vending machine items aren't set to be vending machines, like the habbo cola, butler and mocha.

Ball like Wall
Reaction score

Alex, you're the man. Any idea as to what this error is about?
Code:
2019-01-22T12:00:10.242 - [ErrorLogger] - Error when executing MySQL query: 
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.alexdev.kepler.dao.Storage.closeSilently(Storage.java:207)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.dao.mysql.RoomVoteDao.removeExpiredVotes(RoomVoteDao.java:76)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.game.room.RoomManager.ratingSantiyCheck(RoomManager.java:148)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.navigator.SUSERF.handle(SUSERF.java:21)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.invoke(MessageHandler.java:445)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.handleRequest(MessageHandler.java:432)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:99)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:20)
	at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
	at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
	at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
	at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1414)
	at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:945)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:146)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:645)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysPlain(NioEventLoop.java:545)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:499)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:459)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:886)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

Also, for anyone that wants to fix the Executive Furni: add these Executive CCTs to your DCRs, they work

And add this to your external_texts for the name and description to properly show
Code:
furni_exe_cubelight_name=Cubist Light
furni_exe_cubelight_desc=Lights up a square
furni_exe_light_name=Executive Light
furni_exe_light_desc=Glow your business
wallitem_exe_map_name=World map
wallitem_exe_map_desc=World domination imminent
furni_exe_artlamp_name=Sphere Lamp
furni_exe_artlamp_desc=Suitable for budding entrepreneurs
wallitem_exe_wfall_name=Wall Fall
wallitem_exe_wfall_desc=Improve your cash flow

The and don't work even with the CCTs, but there they are.

Back