Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Re: Kepler - Habbo Hotel v14 server (BattleBall, Camera, Trax, Rollers) [Java]

Alex, you're the man. Any idea as to what this error is about?
Code:
2019-01-22T12:00:10.242 - [ErrorLogger] - Error when executing MySQL query: 
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.alexdev.kepler.dao.Storage.closeSilently(Storage.java:207)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.dao.mysql.RoomVoteDao.removeExpiredVotes(RoomVoteDao.java:76)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.game.room.RoomManager.ratingSantiyCheck(RoomManager.java:148)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.navigator.SUSERF.handle(SUSERF.java:21)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.invoke(MessageHandler.java:445)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.handleRequest(MessageHandler.java:432)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:99)
	at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:20)
	at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
	at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
	at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
	at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1414)
	at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:945)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:146)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:645)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysPlain(NioEventLoop.java:545)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:499)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:459)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:886)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

Also, for anyone that wants to fix the Executive Furni: add these Executive CCTs to your DCRs, they work

And add this to your external_texts for the name and description to properly show
Code:
furni_exe_cubelight_name=Cubist Light
furni_exe_cubelight_desc=Lights up a square
furni_exe_light_name=Executive Light
furni_exe_light_desc=Glow your business
wallitem_exe_map_name=World map
wallitem_exe_map_desc=World domination imminent
furni_exe_artlamp_name=Sphere Lamp
furni_exe_artlamp_desc=Suitable for budding entrepreneurs
wallitem_exe_wfall_name=Wall Fall
wallitem_exe_wfall_desc=Improve your cash flow

The and don't work even with the CCTs, but there they are.

The error has been fixed in the next update, the issue was that it was trying to close a connection that was never opened, thereby causing an exception.

You also need the small CCT files too, for example:

Turns into:

As these small furnis are for the larger "zoomed out" rooms.

Also the globe needs to be hidden from the catalogue if you're using v14, since the version doesn't support the furni class (same with the gate, no idea why you've reenabled the gate).

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

pets also not showing?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

They aren't coded, did you read the feature list?
Ow sorry didn't notice that one ^^
also if I want to save a picture it keeps saving...
that is was coded in right?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ow sorry didn't notice that one ^^
also if I want to save a picture it keeps saving...
that is was coded in right?

Comment #146, issue was resolved.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HMA-L29 met Tapatalk

Ball like Wall
Reaction score

The error has been fixed in the next update, the issue was that it was trying to close a connection that was never opened, thereby causing an exception.

You also need the small CCT files too, for example:

Turns into:

As these small furnis are for the larger "zoomed out" rooms.

Also the globe needs to be hidden from the catalogue if you're using v14, since the version doesn't support the furni class (same with the gate, no idea why you've reenabled the gate).

Was just messing around with it, didn't know the gate and globe weren't v14 compatible. Gotta break stuff if you wanna learn how to fix it. Leaving it disabled.
Alex last question and I'll leave you alone, I promise: I imported the source file for Kepler into IntelliJ, I can compile it into a executable JAR no problem, but I can't edit any Class files, they're all locked and tell me "File is read-only" despite me hitting "Mark File Write Only" in the File drop-down. Thinking it may be a permissions issue on Windows side but not sure. Thanks in advance

Edit: Got it. Wasn't adding the master folder, not sure what I added but it was all just the decompiled classes, not the source.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Comment #146, issue was resolved.

I allready executed that sql query but still not work for me

After waiting like 30 minutes with the saving message I get this error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm going to do a v15 update soon (in settings.ini put "version" to 15) which will jukebox and trax playlist support, and possibly the console changed, all you'd need to do is change settings.ini and replace two CCT files, this will work for versions higher than v15 too (such as v21, etc).

8Wzh05f - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

eD1hUQf - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Yeah this server was originally v21 so just hide the missing executive furniture that doesn't load. There's no issue.

Pool stairs I'm aware of, but probably won't be fixed for a while.

Room votes have no issues (aside from the fact that owners don't get the new vote update, but that's been fixed in the latest source). In fact I just recoded the whole vote system.

VnSUDzo - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

? help :?::$:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

VnSUDzo - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

? help :?::$:

You're jumping the gun a bit :p

He is working on said update, it has not been added to the public repo.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Does anyone have an idea why it can be, that you can not select the individual sounds in the soundmachine and these are not played?
So the Trax CD is in the soundmachine, only you can not select a sound to mix something and if you use the mouse on a sound he does not play it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Does anyone have an idea why it can be, that you can not select the individual sounds in the soundmachine and these are not played?
So the Trax CD is in the soundmachine, only you can not select a sound to mix something and if you use the mouse on a sound he does not play it.
It does work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Now it works for me too, after I have mixed together some cct files from other v18-20. [emoji38]
What version are you using anyway?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

What version are you using anyway?

Something between v14-20 everything is mixed together until it all worked sensible.
And you?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Something between v14-20 everything is mixed together until it all worked sensible.
And you?
V14, waiting for next release and v15 update.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

do you want to exchange the data with me? :tongue:
Sure, pm me with what you need.

Back