Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: Kepler - Habbo Hotel v14+ server (BattleBall, Camera, Trax, Rollers) [Java]

I have some problems. Listed below:

Purse Transactions don't work.
Teleporters don't work or activate.
Jukebox burned CD doesn't load and play in newer version v15, also in v21 or v26 they don't. (with new CCT's or DCRS pack).
In-room settings, Max users resets to 1 and not the number you set it to.
If a player is sitting right next to you, and you click on the player, your head turns the other way.

Hopefully someone can help.

Greetings!

DCR issues

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I'm such a huge fan of this project and I have been following it for over a year now. A while ago, I build the project and was able to run it perfectly. Now, on Ubuntu, I'm running into the problem that the server startup doesn't seem to finish correctly.

When I start the server with 'java -jar kepler.jar', it's able to connect to the db. (the pre-compiled version connects with kepler/verysecret/kepler, my own compiled version connect via my own details specified in the source). Settings.ini never gets created, probably because the server startup doesn't go well. The server hangs at the moment de Rcon + Mus servers are started. The Netty game server never gets started, the line stating that it is starting is just never showing in the console.

Any ideas why this is happening? Could this be a database problem or...?

Anyway, I have to say this again, this project is amazing. So is ClassicHabbo. You did some things here that we've never really seen here and made it open-source. (yup, my account is new but I've been visiting this forum section since '07)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I'm such a huge fan of this project and I have been following it for over a year now. A while ago, I build the project and was able to run it perfectly. Now, on Ubuntu, I'm running into the problem that the server startup doesn't seem to finish correctly.

When I start the server with 'java -jar kepler.jar', it's able to connect to the db. (the pre-compiled version connects with kepler/verysecret/kepler, my own compiled version connect via my own details specified in the source). Settings.ini never gets created, probably because the server startup doesn't go well. The server hangs at the moment de Rcon + Mus servers are started. The Netty game server never gets started, the line stating that it is starting is just never showing in the console.

Any ideas why this is happening? Could this be a database problem or...?

Anyway, I have to say this again, this project is amazing. So is ClassicHabbo. You did some things here that we've never really seen here and made it open-source. (yup, my account is new but I've been visiting this forum section since '07)

Sounds like the server doesn't have write permission to create the file.

Gifts fixed, thanks! The above SQL give's me an error when I executing.
I got noticed by the fact that the database doesn't save's the e-mail that users fill in when making a charachter in-game.

I noticed gifts aren't actually fixed, all gifts get sent to yourself instead of the player you want to send them to.

If you can compile it yourself, the commit is here:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Sounds like the server doesn't have write permission to create the file.
Probably, yes. Started the server on another (fresh) Ubuntu machine today and it started, although once again the settings.ini isn't created. Not a real problem for me, since I can just edit the db things in the source and change the other settings in the db table... but still weird. The permissions of the folder etc. are correct as far as I can see.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

So Alex any plans to add the loading Ads to kepler ?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I'm so sorry for not releasing this earlier, but here's a few quick fixes.

Changelog

- Fix presents going to wrong user
- Fix Chess crashing the client
- Add server-side chat rate limiting
- Redo slot counting for adding disks to jukebox playlist

Download v1.22.4 here:

And I'm sorry to say this, but unless there's other horrible bugs that need fixing ASAP I probably won't be releasing another Kepler version.

Last edited:
Ball like Wall
Reaction score

I'm so sorry for not releasing this earlier, but here's a few quick fixes.

Changelog

- Fix presents going to wrong user
- Fix Chess crashing the client
- Add server-side chat rate limiting
- Redo slot counting for adding disks to jukebox playlist

Download v1.22.4 here:

And I'm sorry to say this, but unless there's other horrible bugs that need fixing ASAP I probably won't be releasing another Kepler version.

Damn I really hate to hear that. I should really get a server running for people to log into. I log into RaGEZONE at least once a week to check on this thread. The work you’ve done for Oldschool is so respectable. I’ve archived everything from this thread offline for integrity’s sake. Thanks for everything so far Alex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Damn I really hate to hear that. I should really get a server running for people to log into. I log into RaGEZONE at least once a week to check on this thread. The work you’ve done for Oldschool is so respectable. I’ve archived everything from this thread offline for integrity’s sake. Thanks for everything so far Alex

Thanks! Awesome.

Also to answer your question:

is_single_use = when true (aka 1 in db) the voucher will be deleted and logged into the voucher history table after the first successful use.

The voucher history table is there so a user can't use the same voucher over again, this is because you may want a promotion running for a specific time where you'll allow lots of users to use a single voucher, but they can only use that voucher once.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Hey Alex what about the User IP Trade detection ?

Ball like Wall
Reaction score

Thanks! Awesome.

Also to answer your question:

is_single_use = when true (aka 1 in db) the voucher will be deleted and logged into the voucher history table after the first successful use.

The voucher history table is there so a user can't use the same voucher over again, this is because you may want a promotion running for a specific time where you'll allow lots of users to use a single voucher, but they can only use that voucher once.

I like that system. The reason why I deleted my previous comment is because I realized all of this as soon as I posted it lol

I have another question though, does the 'players.online' value ever get refreshed? The server logged the disconnect on the CLI but the settings table isn't being updated with online count in the server's database

Another minor issue I've noticed is a stacking problem with Petal Patches. Furni is stacking on top of it, it's not being placed on the ground and surrounded by the grass. Just a small bug

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Hey Alex what about the User IP Trade detection ?

Such system isn't in Kepler.

I like that system. The reason why I deleted my previous comment is because I realized all of this as soon as I posted it lol

I have another question though, does the 'players.online' value ever get refreshed? The server logged the disconnect on the CLI but the settings table isn't being updated with online count in the server's database

Another minor issue I've noticed is a stacking problem with Petal Patches. Furni is stacking on top of it, it's not being placed on the ground and surrounded by the grass. Just a small bug

If you know how to compile Kepler, I just fixed it:

You may need to decrease the height of the petal patches.

Ball like Wall
Reaction score

Such system isn't in Kepler.

If you know how to compile Kepler, I just fixed it:

You may need to decrease the height of the petal patches.

You fixed the player count? I don’t really know much about compiling it but I might be able to figure it out. I could always just live with it. I know you’re not working on it too much, thanks for looking into it

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

You fixed the player count? I don’t really know much about compiling it but I might be able to figure it out. I could always just live with it. I know you’re not working on it too much, thanks for looking into it

If you can wait a bit, I'll post another update with room advertisement support (the billboards) because I had forgotten I had made a deal with m.tiago to add them.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

‏‏‎  ‏‏‎  ‏‏‎  ‏‏‎  ‏‏‎ 

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Hi,
- Teleports only open, you cannot walk in or let you teleport.
Greetings.

Fixed in the next update.

Hi,
- Creating a new disk / Burnt CD for the new v15 jukebox don't work. Even if you downgrade back to v14 with DCR'S change or new setup.
Greetings.

Confirm when you open up Trax you first get the , not the , that's how you know you're using v15 dcrs.

I tested with a fresh database and my own v14 dcrs + extra v15 ccts and it works perfectly.

- Purse transactions doesn't work.

They aren't done, and I don't plan on doing them.

- Sometimes you just disconnect randomly out of nowhere.

That's a problem with your network, not Kepler. My hotel is running a fork of this source and no one randomly disconnects unless its an issue with their own internet disconnection.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

‏‏‎  ‏‏‎  ‏‏‎  ‏‏‎  ‏‏‎ 

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

‏‏‎  ‏‏‎  ‏‏‎  ‏‏‎  ‏‏‎ 

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Okay, thanks Alex. I will try.

Nope, after doing a re-install. Clean from v14, upgraded to v15 with CCT's, Burned new disk is not loading in the Jukebox. Made some other trax and cleaned the database multiple times but no succes. The CD is just not playing.

Greetings.

Make sure Kepler is listening on the v15 port in the server config file, not the v14 one.

Also, how can i play this in v26? Do i need a cms extra or what is needed to play it right without errors or bugs.

Greetings.

Make Kepler listen on the v26 port in server config file, there's no CMS for Kepler that supports v26.

Back