Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2931323334353637383940414243 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Apr 2015 Join Date
    ValkenburgLocation
    89Posts

Re: Kepler - Habbo Hotel v14+ server (BattleBall, Camera, Trax, Rollers) [Java]

Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)
    Quote Originally Posted by webbanditten View Post
    For the database I'm running Mariadb.

I've also started working on a cms for Kepler written in .NET core you can see my progress here https://habbo.webbanditten.dk

I'm planning to open source the cms eventually but at the moment I'm working on getting groups implemented and then I will have to refactor the HabboHome service.

I'm also actively working on my fork of Kepler which fixes some minor defects and adds groups and pets.

https://github.com/Webbanditten/Kepler

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
    Looks awesome i will follow youre progress

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

MemberRank
    Aug 2020 Join Date
    ChileLocation
    9Posts

yeah, its me again

I've finally managed to get the server working (stupid mistake on my part).

and the loader is working too (other mistake on my part xD)

THANK YOU :D, finally i revive my past

question: This can be put online for everyone or not yet? i'm talk spanish and I want to put it online for those who speak Spanish (sorry for my grammar, i no speak english)

https://ibb.co/xmDbH7M <-----my test on this server, yeaaah

MemberRank
    Dec 2019 Join Date
    28Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valen001 View Post
    yeah, its me again

I've finally managed to get the server working (stupid mistake on my part).

and the loader is working too (other mistake on my part xD)

THANK YOU :D, finally i revive my past

question: This can be put online for everyone or not yet? i'm talk spanish and I want to put it online for those who speak Spanish (sorry for my grammar, i no speak english)

https://ibb.co/xmDbH7M <-----my test on this server, yeaaah
    Sure it can.
    You just need to upload your client somewhere and port forward the ports used by the server.

MemberRank
    Aug 2020 Join Date
    ChileLocation
    9Posts

Sure it can.
    You just need to upload your client somewhere and port forward the ports used by the server.

for some reason it was done automatically on my computer and now I have a web page xD, it's called hobbibut i have another problemwhen installing the shockwave in windows 10 and windows server 2012r2 (vps) it doesn't work for me, it looks like this

imgur.com/a/e2y6RUk
    <-------Like a this

however I reinstall the sameshockwave on my windows 8.1 and it works perfectly, yes, I use palemoon 32 bits and do the correct procedure, but it just doesn't run on my vps windows or on windows 10, on windows 8.1 yes ... it's a problem: c
    Last edited by valen001; 28-08-20 at 02:29 AM. Reason: bad link

MemberRank
    Aug 2020 Join Date
    1Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valen001 View Post
    for some reason it was done automatically on my computer and now I have a web page xD, it's called hobbibut i have another problemwhen installing the shockwave in windows 10 and windows server 2012r2 (vps) it doesn't work for me, it looks like this

imgur.com/a/e2y6RUk
    <-------Like a this

however I reinstall the sameshockwave on my windows 8.1 and it works perfectly, yes, I use palemoon 32 bits and do the correct procedure, but it just doesn't run on my vps windows or on windows 10, on windows 8.1 yes ... it's a problem: c
    Hola amigo me gustaría que me ayudaras a revivir mi pasado con un Habbo retro o poder entrar al tuyo

Saludos

Thanks a lot for this memories

MemberRank
    Aug 2020 Join Date
    ChileLocation
    9Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusDead View Post
    Hola amigo me gustaría que me ayudaras a revivir mi pasado con un Habbo retro o poder entrar al tuyo

Saludos

Thanks a lot for this memories

sorry, but i have a problems with a play kepler in my windows server 2016 (yes, i change the vps)

if you want help you, write me in a priv

MemberRank
    Mar 2020 Join Date
    15Posts

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
    Last edited by Flam0; 19-09-20 at 07:33 AM.

MemberRank
    Oct 2020 Join Date
    1Posts

Someone kindly add me on discord: Silky Ibis#3639. I am having alot of issues getting any sort of habbo started. best i get is HTMl or a .php to show on localhost.

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,413Posts

For the database I'm running Mariadb.

I've also started working on a cms for Kepler written in .NET core you can see my progress here https://habbo.webbanditten.dk

I'm planning to open source the cms eventually but at the moment I'm working on getting groups implemented and then I will have to refactor the HabboHome service.

I'm also actively working on my fork of Kepler which fixes some minor defects and adds groups and pets.

https://github.com/Webbanditten/Kepler

I don't know how I was never notified of your pull request until now but I had a look at it and I didn't like some of the code changes I saw.

You reverted this commit (which fixed a lot of problems): https://github.com/Quackster/Kepler/...8b50adc7ccd1ef

You set the words online/offline when it could just be a TINYINT with 0 or 1 to save diskspace: https://github.com/Quackster/Kepler/...31bd5e13a0ef75

You're calling the data access object inside the compose function:
    https://github.com/Quackster/Kepler/...31353260a4296c

You reverted my changes that supported the v15 console and called it a "fix" when it was actually working before and you broke it.

There was also other things I didn't like (such as how campaign messages were handled by storing them in the messages log), plus you added new database tables and queries and didn't supply any of the extra SQL queries to run.

I'll add the fixes into the official Kepler repository, thanks for spotting them - but I won't add any of the other stuff that you added for your own benefit.
    Last edited by Quackster; 29-11-20 at 05:18 AM.
    The Habbo archives: http://alex-dev.org/archive/

MemberRank
    Dec 2019 Join Date
    28Posts

I appreciate your feedback - However it would have belonged on Github in the pull request but here we go.

First don't think I even meant to make that pull request because the last time we spoke you made it very clear you were done with Kepler and didn't want people to think it was an active project, I guess I must have miss clicked at some point.

Thanks for pointing out I had reverted the commit which you say fixed a bunch of problems, I might have had been knee deep in something else and totally forgot to merge it back in.

The console "fix" was a mistake I was in trying out different CCT files between v14-v16, this should not have been there.

In regards to the campaign messages this could had been a discussion on the pull request also I would have kept it feature based so only made a pull request for the campaign message integration not a bunch of random shit like there was in the pull request you're speaking of - This also explains the missing SQL.

I hope you would consider continuing the Kepler project and take in proper pull request like you've done in the past.

Thanks for your feedback.

True MemberRank
    Mar 2007 Join Date
    1,200Posts

@Quackster

Thanks for posting that information and feedback here, lurkers like myself learn bits and pieces from your discussions! :-)
    Vivid imagination is key for building a successful game!

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    7,569Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
    You set the words online/offline when it could just be a TINYINT with 0 or 1 to save diskspace.
    I'm personally an advocate for clarity / readable code over micro optimizations.

That said, enum values are stored in a single byte (for up to 255 entries), 2 bytes for more etc. They are not stored as string values for every entry.
    You got more issues on your hands if a couple MB at most for a big hotel is what you're trying to safe on diskspace.

True MemberRank
    May 2013 Join Date
    сикаLocation
    263Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    I'm personally an advocate for clarity / readable code over micro optimizations.

That said, enum values are stored in a single byte (for up to 255 entries), 2 bytes for more etc. They are not stored as string values for every entry.
    You got more issues on your hands if a couple MB at most for a big hotel is what you're trying to safe on diskspace.
    From a storage point of view, both boolean/tinyint(1) and enum(online,offline) take up one byte.

From a runtime perspective it's different however. The JVM can optimize a boolean to a single bit, where as an enum would require a heap of objects.
    Worldwide
    Fucking your сика
    Drinking your водка

True MemberRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    Abusing Your Open PortsLocation
    197Posts

Thank you for your hard work, I have enjoyed many hours of nostalgia using your emulator.

Is it possible to add the DJ Turntable to the Rares section? I tried adding this to the database but I wasn't sure what to use for the sprite ID and got stuck.

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,413Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eJustin View Post
    Thank you for your hard work, I have enjoyed many hours of nostalgia using your emulator.

Is it possible to add the DJ Turntable to the Rares section? I tried adding this to the database but I wasn't sure what to use for the sprite ID and got stuck.
    The sprite id column isn't used by the server. I converted one of my private projects' catalogue for Kepler and I accidentally left the sprite id column in there.
    The Habbo archives: http://alex-dev.org/archive/

Advertisement