Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33353637383940414243
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    I LOVE COOKIES!Location
    253Posts

Re: Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)
    Quackster, thank you for this amazing release. Even though I left the Habbo Retro scene many, many years ago, I managed to get this up and running in just an hour... You are amazing and everything is so organized! I'm planning to use this code base to set up a local server for my friends when I'm older, just in case Habbo dies forever. The nostalgia this brings is priceless, I'm a developer myself so if I create something new I'll make sure to make it publicly available. I'm planning on running a v23 eventually and create new custom furniture (but that's been awhile).

Once again: thank you for this amazing release... <3

MemberRank
    Mar 2021 Join Date
    1Posts

Hello everyone.

First of all, thank's you Quackster for this magnificent server after years.

I downloaded the v14 dcrs and added the v15 stuff too, both in client and server (in client replacing ccts and in server setting the port in the v15 slot).

All is fine except one thing...

Jukebox and tracks arent working, jukeboks don't display any floppy disk available to set:

I appreciate your help. I know that the project is not supported but I think these things can be my fault (idk...) Thx...

PD: no server or client errors are thrown.
    Last edited by EnriqueGF; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:16 PM.

MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    77Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EnriqueGF View Post
    Hello everyone.

First of all, thank's you Quackster for this magnificent server after years.

I downloaded the v14 dcrs and added the v15 stuff too, both in client and server (in client replacing ccts and in server setting the port in the v15 slot).

All is fine except one thing...

Jukebox and tracks arent working, jukeboks don't display any floppy disk available to set:

I appreciate your help. I know that the project is not supported but I think these things can be my fault (idk...) Thx...

PD: no server or client errors are thrown.
    It's not a server issue, but rather your shockwave version. When I used the lastest Shockwave version stuff like the Recycler didn't work etc. Uninstall your current shockwave and install this one instead.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    1,960Posts

When I click on the 'Rares' catalog page as a normal user, it gives me this error in console:
    Code:
    2021-04-02T23:02:41.978 ERROR [ErrorLogger] - Error occurred when handling (102) for user (Twan):
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.catalogue.GCAP.handle(GCAP.java:37)
            at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.invoke(MessageHandler.java:507)
            at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.handleRequest(MessageHandler.java:494)
            at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:99)
            at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:20)
            at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
            at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
            at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
            at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
            at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:323)
            at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:297)
            at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
            at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
            at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
            at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1408)
            at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:930)
            at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:163)
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:677)
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:612)
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:529)
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:491)
            at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:905)
            at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
            at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:835)
    Using JDK 12 and Palemoon.
    Reached 1,9k posts

MemberRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    5Posts

First of all, thank you for this crazy good job. Makes me relive childhood a little bit during coronavirus.

Now a quick question in the round. Maybe someone has an idea. I'm currently working on the catalog and so far I've got by without any problems.

But now I have the problem that new headliners and teaser images just don't want to load. To be honest, I don't understand why. The size (286x60) is correct, the format (.GIF) is correct, everything is entered correctly in the database (catalog_xmas_headline2, catalog_xmas_teaser2), cache, cookies, everything is deleted every time and I also checked five times whether the files under c_images are correct. The link in the external_vars is also correct.

I then tried to use a banner from an existing catalog page and then the banner was displayed immediately. In my example it was catalog_alh_headline2 from the Alhambra series. If I copy paste this banner and call it catalog_alh_headline3 and enter it correctly in the database, then nothing is displayed to me again. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help

edit:
    Okey I found it. As it always is somehow. You try around for 4 hours, look for help somewhere and suddenly you find the solution by chance. The solution was to save a copy of all banners and teasers in the same folder with the ending _en. For example. catalog_xmas_headline2 and catalog_xmas_headline2_en. Catalog_xmas_headline2 is then linked in the database. Super simple but if you haven't done anything in that direction for years then you get confused at first.

Btw Quackster do you have a Paypal to which I can send a tip as a thank you? Really nice project. If you compare that with 10 years ago. It's crazy how far the development has come
    Last edited by jojodisc; 1 Week Ago at 08:35 AM.

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    7,569Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jojodisc View Post
    But now I have the problem that new headliners and teaser images just don't want to load. To be honest, I don't understand why. The size (286x60) is correct, the format (.GIF) is correct, everything is entered correctly in the database (catalog_xmas_headline2, catalog_xmas_teaser2), cache, cookies, everything is deleted every time and I also checked five times whether the files under c_images are correct. The link in the external_vars is also correct.
    Shot in the dark but, try removing the alpha channel.

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,400Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twan View Post
    When I click on the 'Rares' catalog page as a normal user, it gives me this error in console:
    Code:
    2021-04-02T23:02:41.978 ERROR [ErrorLogger] - Error occurred when handling (102) for user (Twan):
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.catalogue.GCAP.handle(GCAP.java:37)
            at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.invoke(MessageHandler.java:507)
            at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.handleRequest(MessageHandler.java:494)
            at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:99)
            at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:20)
            at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
            at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:323)
            at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:297)
            at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1408)
            at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:930)
            at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:163)
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:677)
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:612)
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:529)
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:491)
            at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:905)
            at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
            at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:835)
    Using JDK 12 and Palemoon.
    Try looking at https://github.com/Quackster/Kepler/...nager.java#L14, make sure rare.cycle.pages is filled in since it probably can't load any rares.

Offtopic:

@The General your PMs and visitor messages are off so I can't reply on your visitor message so I'd advice enabling them also it was a mistake lol
    We sail onwards. We don't know where we'll end up, but we'll go where the river takes us. Past everything we fought for, past all memories, onto something new. You'll be missed, my old friend, but it's time to part ways.

Advertisement