Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MasterCMS | The RetroServers Revolution | Themes System | Multi Emulator | Multi Lan

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I will change to MD5, Thanks!

You should as others suggested as well use password_hash. It will become like:

PHP:
$password = password_hash('password');

Where as 'password' is the password you want to hash.

You can verify using password_verify:

PHP:
if (password_verify('inputpassword', $hash))

Where as 'inputpassword' is the input password you want to check the user inserts (non-hashed) and $hash is the hashed password from the database.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You should as others suggested as well use password_hash. It will become like:

PHP:
$password = password_hash('password');

Where as 'password' is the password you want to hash.

You can verify using password_verify:

PHP:
if (password_verify('inputpassword', $hash))

Where as 'inputpassword' is the input password you want to check the user inserts (non-hashed) and $hash is the hashed password from the database.

Regarding, that by default password_hash() will use RANDOM Salts. Because that, recommend to use "PASSWORD_BCRYPT" flag.

becoming something like

PHP:
$hash = password_hash('password', PASSWORD_BCRYPT);

You also can provide a custom salt, becoming something like

PHP:
$hash = password_hash('password', PASSWORD_BCRYPT, 'my-hash');

For the signature verification just:

PHP:
$hash = RECOVER_HASH_FROM_DATABASE();

if(password_verify('password', $hash)) {
//SEEMS LEGIT
}

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Regarding, that by default password_hash() will use RANDOM Salts. Because that, recommend to use "PASSWORD_BCRYPT" flag.

Warning
The salt option has been deprecated as of PHP 7.0.0. It is now preferred to simply use the salt that is generated by default.

So, shouldn't use custom salts.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Not going to bash on this but there is nothing advanced on this project. I think this is more of an learning experience for you guys and you should drop the 'advanced framework' and just call it a website for retro servers.

It's good to see you guys working on this project and I really encourage you guys to keep working on it but don't say it's something that it isn't it just makes it look bad.

MD5 on it's own was never secure in the first place, it's just another hashing algorythm.
You should always seed your passwords when you hash them so it will not be obvious inside the database if users share the same password.

Anyways as many suggested, use the password_hash function which is build-in into PHP since 5.5. It has hashing and seeding built-in.

Here is a friendly warning as a developer:
YOU SHOULD NEVER ENCRYPT PASSWORDS; HASH THEM INSTEAD.
HASHING IS A ONE WAY OPERATION AND CANNOT BE REVERSED.
DO NOT USE OLD TUTORIALS FOR PASSWORD HASHING; LOOK UP RECENT ONES.

The salt option is the third argument from the function, the second one "PASSWORD_BCRYPT" still recommended.

No need to manually supply a salt since it's done on the fly in PHP. I suggest a minimum cost of 10.
Code:
password_hash("test", PASSWORD_BCRYPT, ["cost" => 10]);

swagggggg
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol this section turned to Ducking poop. look at you all acting like you're 10x better than him and are naturally born web developers, stfu

i don't quite get why u all overcomplicate cms' now adays, it's not that deep bro. just use ubercms or idk make one from scratch, use joopies mysqli class, use raintpl and bobs your uncle fannys your aunt.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol this section turned to Ducking poop. look at you all acting like you're 10x better than him and are naturally born web developers, stfu

i don't quite get why u all overcomplicate cms' now adays, it's not that deep bro. just use ubercms or idk make one from scratch, use joopies mysqli class, use raintpl and bobs your uncle fannys your aunt.
Sorry, but the fact that he used str_replace to "prevent" SQL injections.

Back