Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Plus Emulator] Bot Speech Exploit Fix

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi RaGEZONE,
I recently came across an "exploit" that allows users to bypass the bad HTML filter on bot speech setup.
Normally for example <font size="200"> and </font> would be blocked, but by simply using <FONT SIZE="200"> and </FONT> in capitals, you can bypass the filter. I also believe you can work around it with other variations too like "FoNT" or "fOnT" - but I do not remember. 200 is not the font size limit, you can make it go much higher and take up the whole screen. I have not tested this with alot of other HTML, but I'm sure this could be used to do much more malicious things.

It is shown here:
Verted - [Plus Emulator] Bot Speech Exploit Fix - RaGEZONE Forums

Here's the fix which completely removes any form of string upon saving bot speeches.

Go to SaveBotActionEvent.cs and find:
Code:
[COLOR=#474B51]for (int i = 0; i <= SpeechData.Length - 1; i++)[/COLOR]
                        { [COLOR=#474B51]                            using (IQueryAdapter dbClient = DatabaseManager.GetQueryReactor())[/COLOR]

Replace that with:

Code:
[COLOR=#474B51]for (int i = 0; i <= SpeechData.Length - 1; i++)[/COLOR]                        {
                            SpeechData[i] = Regex.Replace(SpeechData[i], "<(.|\\n)*?>", string.Empty);
[COLOR=#474B51]                            using (IQueryAdapter dbClient = DatabaseManager.GetQueryReactor())[/COLOR]

Happy days.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is old news. Already fixed clientside I thought. Which Habbo.swf revision you were using?
Plus Revision 2, not sure which production though. Can check this later if I can be fucked.

Fixing it serverside is always better than let the client handle stuff like this. It's oke as a first measurement against invalid input, but the server should always do it too!
True.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've tested this bug on Plus Emulator R2 by Sledmore and it are affect.

EDIT: Thank you for this fix.

Last edited:
Back