Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Portable browser with Flash/Shockwave (Basilisk)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
With the deprecation of Flash at our doorstep, and Shockwave being retired mid 2019 we are faced with only a few options left to keep enjoying our Shockwave and Flash Habbo retros.

I'm releasing a portable browser that's based on (which is a Firefox fork). It comes with both Flash and Shockwave pre-installed. It will work offline, doesn't require internet for these two plugins to work.

It will work for the foreseeable future.

I do not recommend regular browsing on this (because both security updates for Shockwave and Flash have ceased) but you should be able to go to your local hotel and run it fine.

Download:

Extract the file and then run Browser.bat (this is for people who may not find the .exe)

After opening you should be able to use Flash and Shockwave plugins normally.

You can update Basilisk by:

Heading to
Download the 32-bit Windows ZIP archive. Extract it and copy everything inside the "basilisk" folder to Basilisk-Portable\Bin\basilisk

Virus total:

Screenshot

dEdSXQE - Portable browser with Flash/Shockwave (Basilisk) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Does this work on mac?

Nope, the Basilisk browser doesn't have explicit support for Mac. Mac isn't good for Shockwave when it comes to Catalina and up.

If you want to just play Flash and then install SeaMonkey ( ) instead.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for some reason when i try using this on an r26 client(working dcrs) all i get is an "Adobe Shockwave Player is now installing" screen every time i load.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
for some reason when i try using this on an r26 client(working dcrs) all i get is an "Adobe Shockwave Player is now installing" screen every time i load.

Sigh, another person had this issue. I'll test on a fresh VM to try and investigate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sigh, another person had this issue. I'll test on a fresh VM to try and investigate.

it basically just turns black straight away now

(used classichabbo as a test)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
As I am very impatient, I have spent the day fixing it as I had the same issue, now all works fine.

Download:

VirusTotal:

To run extract it by clicking the exe and then click the Browser.bat in the extracted folder to open the browser.

The reason it is an exe is just incase someone doesn't have a program to extract zips and the Browser.bat is for ease of use for the inexperienced people.

Thanks for the release though, much easier than installing palemoon and shockwave etc separately.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As I am very impatient, I have spent the day fixing it as I had the same issue, now all works fine.

Download:

VirusTotal:

To run extract it by clicking the exe and then click the Browser.bat in the extracted folder to open the browser.

The reason it is an exe is just incase someone doesn't have a program to extract zips and the Browser.bat is for ease of use for the inexperienced people.

Thanks for the release though, much easier than installing palemoon and shockwave etc separately.

I see what you did, you re-extracted what was from Flashpoint and fixed the paths. Nice. I originally wanted them in

I was in the middle of trying this on the VM - I believe it must not like having the plugins folder in the same folder the exe is in.

Thank you. I'll update the main thread.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
now mine simply just crashes, says "adobe director has crashed" before even getting to the loader. crashes instantly when you "ask to activate" pretty much given up at this point.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
now mine simply just crashes, says "adobe director has crashed" before even getting to the loader. crashes instantly when you "ask to activate" pretty much given up at this point.

I was able to reproduce your problem in a fresh VM and the download by AlexHabbz solved it.

Delete everything you previously had and use that .exe to extract the files.

Try installing the 2010 x86 redist perhaps - make sure the browser isn't open.

And then load the Shockwave client.

If that doesn't work then I can't help you.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Quackster Hello being that from January 1st flash will no longer work, will this browser solve the problem? I await your kind reply! Thanks a lot. Sorry for my English I'm Italian ;)

k0r

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is it possible to get this working on Linux? I've tried the Linux version as well as this portable version via Wine and still cant access Flash or Shockwave content. Will a virtual machine be my only option?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The version from the web didn't work. Only the edited version by AlexHabbz.

I tried palemoon 32 bits and tried to install shockwave 12 to open a v18 hotel... No luck whatsoever, but this browser (edited by Alex) worked fine. How can I make palemoon work?

Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
glad the link still works, now able to mess about with old habbo :D
thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im using habbo kepler and its just blackscreen :reeeee::reeeee::reeeee:

EDIT::

i am just stupid and ITS ALIVE !!

4234f - Portable browser with Flash/Shockwave (Basilisk) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments